Classic Gametype Master Thread: Maps, Gametypes, and Discussion

------------------USEFUL LINKS------------------
Map Downloads ||| Gametype Downloads ||| Bungie.net Thread ||| Playlist Feedback ||| Original Waypoint Thread(2/28/11)
*The Maps featured in the link are of ones that are suggesteedd to be in the playlist.
*The Gametypes featured in the link include Objective settings.

------------------UPDATES------------------
This thread proposes and discusses some changes that will propel the settings to perfection.

------------------CLASSIC MAPS------------------
Matchmaking Maps:

> Noble Creek*(Beaver Creek)- The Blaze jp
> Download ||| Feedback ||| Fixes
> Dreadnaught
(Derelict)- Dragull
> Download ||| Feedback
> High Noon
(Hang 'Em High)- Decadence Night
> Hydra XXIII
(Damnation)- I Frightmare I
> Download ||| Feedback
> Magus
(Wizard)- Empyrean Legacy
> Download ||| Feedback
> Prolonged
(Elongation)- Silv3r Sk3eter
> Prophet
(Midship)- Mac xL
> Rat Trap
(Rat Race)- Vincent Torre
> Download ||| Feedback
> Eclipse
(Lockout)*- Mac xL
> Download ||| Feedback
>
> *All of these maps having links to their original version and may differ from what you experience in matchmaking. If you come across any problems with these maps make sure to leave feedback in their respective threads so that the author is aware and can address them.

MAPS TO CONSIDER

> Halo 1:
> The Janitors Closet*(Chiron TL-34)- nillapuddin626
> Download
> Convict
(Prisoner)*- nillapuddin626
> Download

> Halo 2:
> Altitude*(Ascension)- Xx Overkill VR
> Download
> Gravestone
(Tombstone)- CenturionOmeal
> Download
> Devastation
(Desolation)- nillapuddin626
> Download | Video
> Goliath
Colossus)- CenturionOmegal
> Download
> Hematoma
(Coagulation)- nillapuddin626
> Download
> Installation
(Foundation)- Xsjados
> Download
> Outskirts
(Turf)- nillapuddin626
> Download
> Sanctum
(Sanctuary)*- Xx Overkill VR
> Download
> Lockout- FTG Insanity Download

> Halo 3:
> Guardian- Mac xL(Edited by Xx Overkill VR)
> Download
> Atrium*(Rat’s Nest)*- HWM BlacKnight
> Download
> Citadel- HCTF Reaper
> Download
> Narrows- Fame28
> Download

In order to get the true Halo experience we need some remakes. In collaboration with FS xKratosx and his group, we will bring you the highest quality remakes. Check out his thread to find the best remakes. The majority of the maps in the playlists have come from their efforts.

CURRENT GAMETYPES: ClassicGametype’s File Share

------------------TESTING------------------

Join the Halo Reach Classic Group
The goal of the group was to have our Classic settings realized by Bungie to implement into matchmaking. This has since been accomplished so now the group will be dedicated to testing future maps and gametypes.*

<strong>> Add __CLASSICGAMETYPE** to your friends list if you want to test new maps. If you receive an invite from Xx Overkill VR it means that games are in session.
[/quote]
__</strong>
>
<strong>> <strong>> CLASSICGAMETYPE’s friend list is full so please add __REACHCLASSIC001** instead.
[/quote]
__</strong></strong>
<strong>> <strong>> ------------------VIDEO------------------</strong></strong>
> >
<strong>> > Youtube Channel.</strong>
<strong>> <strong>> * The goal of the Youtube Channel was to showcase the maps and settings that the community has come up with. While that will still be the case, the channel will also be showcasing great clips that are accomplished on classic settings from the community. If you want some fame and have a great clip makes sure to submit it in a message to get it featured.</strong></strong>
> >
> >
<strong>> <strong>> ------------------OBJECTIVE------------------</strong></strong>
<strong>> > The Objective settings in ClassicGametype’s fileshare represent the most classic gametypes. 2 Flag, Neutral Bomb, KoTH, 3 Plots, and Oddball. The description in the file notes changes that must be made to accommodate for different map sizes. As long as you change the settings accordingly, you will greatly enjoy them.</strong>
> >
> >
<strong>> > > CTF</strong>
> >
> >
<strong>> > > Assault</strong>
> >
> >
<strong>> > > KoTH</strong>
> >
> >
<strong>> > > 3 Plots</strong>
> >
> >
<strong>> > > Oddball</strong>
> >
> >
> >
<strong>> <strong>> ------------------GENERAL SETTINGS------------------</strong></strong>
<strong>> > This section has been bumped down due to the general agreement on the settings. If you have ever played Halo 2(or any previous Halo for that matter) you will see the accuracy. I will leave this here for the time being to explain why the settings are as such.</strong>
> >
> >
<strong>> > > Camo and Custom Power Up</strong>
<strong>> > The Camo behaves like it has in previous games and the OS now leaves a trail of fire behind the player. You must have the gametypes from matchmaking to have them behave properly.</strong>
> >
> >
<strong>> > > Movement: 120%</strong>
<strong>> <strong>> <strong>Halo Reach is much slower than the previous Halo games, and that is a fact. The reason movement speed is slow in this game was to give sprint an advantage and to make grenades more deadly, thus giving armor lock an advantage. Boosting the movement will also make grenades less powerful, in the sense that it will be easier to dodge them. Perceived movement is actually lesser due to the wider point of view and smaller player model.*</strong></strong></strong>
> >
> >
<strong>> <strong>> > Melee: 75%</strong></strong>
<strong>> <strong>> 75% melee makes it so that a fully shielded player will take 3 hits to kill, however if they have even a sliver of damage to their shields then all it will take is 2 hits. This brings a little depth to the close combat which has been lost since Halo 3. A common trick is to shoot someone once in between melees which will reduce their health enough to kill them in 2 hits. Another trick is to punch once and then 2 headshots to clean them up. No longer will a no shields player take his shields with him to the grave and leave you cowering in the corner. Your shields regenerate quickly after a melee with these settings since they don’t pop (see below).</strong></strong>

reserved

Since the optimatch forum on Bungie.net is being closed next month I have moved the thread here and I believe that with 343i as well as the better community here we can accomplish much more.

I’ve downloaded multiple Lockouts from that FTG Insanity guy, and they all had the basic layout right, with a bunch of random bridges and -Yoink- lying around. Really annoying.

Sup Overkill.

> I’ve downloaded multiple Lockouts from that FTG Insanity guy, and they all had the basic layout right, with a bunch of random bridges and Yoink! lying around. Really annoying.
>
> Sup Overkill.

That guy, for whatever reason, made the map suitable for race…(yeah i know). If you load it up in a normal match or change the forge gametype to anything but Basic Editing then it is by far the best one out there. It is definitely much better than the current version in Team Classic.

To kick the transition off here are 2 videos of remakes of Desolation and Tombstone that are superior to the current versions in matchmaking, both the original map and the forging.

Devastation(Desolation): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSieiUf6bPI
Gravestone(Tombstone): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev4PyY9yQcc

Ideally the ‘general settings’ section should be applied to all playlists, with 125 jump height and 200 gravity.

Wow! Why is that Desolation remake not in MM?

I actually love Classic in Reach. It should be the core gameplay with slight modifications.

Good idea man, though soon we will see alot of these classic maps remade for reach.

&lt;4

> Wow! Why is that Desolation remake not in MM?

We…don’t know. We don’t know why alot of the maps that have been compiled aren’t in MM (especially Hematoma, Sanctum, and Outskirts).

I really want a forge variant of Reflection in classic. It’s fun on classic settings and would break up all the grey.

There are a lot of good remakes that should be in Team Classic that aren’t. It’s also nice to see the familiar names of the Optimatch forum on 343.

So how many of the Optimatch guys/girls do you think will make the switch?

B3AST BR3NNAN

Am I the only one that thinks Prolonged plays horribly? It’s two corridors that are constantly being assaulted by nades -_-
It also feels much smaller than the original.

I couldn’t care less about what Eclipse gets replaced with, just get the dam thing out. The lift is atrocious! You don’t know how many times I’ve gotten stuck in there.

I’ve got a Hang 'Em High re-make I did way back in 2010. I remember my brother submitting it to some forum or something to have it be chosen as an official map in the game, but they settled on High Noon from Decadence Night I guess.

I haven’t seen the most recent version of High Noon, but my remake is nearly identical to the original. The dimensions are about as perfect as can be within the confines of Reach’s forge world. I actually used two tv’s and xbox’s running simultaneously while making it, one for CE and one for Reach so I could reproduce it perfectly. I wanted to make sure all the little nuances where there. For example, in High Noon you can’t jump on the tombstones but in Halo CE’s Hang 'Em High you could. I made sure to include things like that in my reproduction.

I just recently checked my Bungie page and have gotten quite a lot of downloads for it, which is cool, but if I could spread it around even more and have it featured in the real game that’d be awesome.

Here’s the link to my Bungie page so ya’ll can download it and give it a whirl:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=5031095&player=MIGGAGITO

As far as spawns, weapons, and power ups go, it’s exactly the same as the original. So DMR’s may need to be added or something for the map to actually be used in Reach.

Let me know what you guys think.

When it comes to Hang Em High we are no longer really in need of a remake. Tombstone is infinitely better b/c it fixed all the issues with the original which in turn makes the map flow much better. By the looks of it HeH is being remade by 343 and I hope that they made some changes b/c I see no reason to remake a map that had such flaws that were already addressed back in 2007.

> When it comes to Hang Em High we are no longer really in need of a remake. Tombstone is infinitely better b/c it fixed all the issues with the original which in turn makes the map flow much better. By the looks of it HeH is being remade by 343 and I hope that they made some changes b/c I see no reason to remake a map that had such flaws that were already addressed back in 2007.

Th problem with the maps that they are now putting into Reach MM is that those maps are CE only when it comes to compatibility. Some may work better than others, but when it gets right down to it those maps were made with a 3sk Pistol, a more balanced sandbox, and nothing resembling an AA in mind.

> So how many of the Optimatch guys/girls do you think will make the switch?
>
> --------
>
> B3AST BR3NNAN

Once the Optimatch forum gets shutdown next month probably quite a bit of people will transfer to these forums.