Classic Artstyle Back. Classic OST Back? Opinions.

From the trailer we got a little glimpse of classic Artstyle, and Rumor has it we get more “classic” stuff.

But If you had following the Social Streams and kept and eye on the trailer and other little media we got, you can see that it Actually is a blend between New and Old. Chiefs Armor is classic but with some lines and strokes of Reclaimer Chief’s armor, As well as forerunner tech (The iconic Halo:CE beacons but with the new silver bright, neon blue forerunner pallet ) blend new and old.

I want to hear people opinons on going full classic on Soundtrack, or better get some Old New mix, like The Trials for example. Personally I would love to hear a mix between

Halo 4-Inmaterial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKliuOqU2_Awith Halo:CE Devils… Monsters…

Halo - Devils... Monsters... - YouTubeFor a flood theme. or maybe flood plagued forerunners… who knows.

I’m not a fan of The Trials. In my opinion, if they wanted a classic sounding score, they should have got somebody who better understands Marty’s style to blend the music together. With Halo 5, it felt like there was just too big of a contrast between the two styles and it just didn’t work.

If they want to make the majority happy they will make the game ost Classic halo sounding

I love the Trials.So I’d prefer if it stayed.I would definitely like some classic soundtracks to make a return tho.

I think we’ll get a much more classic sounding soundtrack judging from the teaser, but I hope we”ll get some new memorable ones as well

When you ask if we want classic OST do you mean literally just reusing old music for the whole game or original music inspired classic like the art style? If you mean the latter then yes I want classic OST. I’m even fine with a few tracks being remade old tracks like the H6 trailer. In general though I want original music.

I feel one of the most powerful aspect’s of Marty’s music is the percussion, something I think is lost in the 343-era OSTs. This can be attributed to them having their own style, but the percussion of the music and Halo go hand-in-hand in my opinion and I would like to see a return to that style for Halo Infinite.

Define classic OST please. Marty used to iterate and recycle a lot of things in between HCE through H3. So if we’re talking classic OST we mean a general vibe of these games right?

I would definitely like Infinite to sound more like a Marty scored game, although I could live with a few sprinkles of Original Trilogy on top something new. I mean, let’s face it: both ODST and Reach both sounded amazing and they basically did what I said above. They both had a very distinct and unique concept and identity and still sounded familiar. H4 also had something alien and unique to it that I liked and it all added up to a game that had some serious retro sci fi vibes to it . H5 is utterly forgettable if I think about it.

To name another example: compare John Williams’ work for Jurassic Park (legendary) with the modern interpretations made for both Jurassic Worlds. The latter sounds unique and still has some recognizable throwbacks to the classic (and both are still great in their own right!) I feel this is more or less the direction for Infinite.

> 2533275031939856;6:
> When you ask if we want classic OST do you mean literally just reusing old music for the whole game or original music inspired classic like the art style? If you mean the latter then yes I want classic OST. I’m even fine with a few tracks being remade old tracks like the H6 trailer. In general though I want original music.

I ask for another iteration of the classic ones, obviously with new adittions, or the other option a Blend between the two 117 is a great track, and is the chief theme song, he had never had one unti Halo 4. Arrival, Mantis, both are great songs. I’m asking about dropping them entirely or respecting Kazuma’s work

most classic halo soundtracks are easy to hum (especially the main theme) or so precisely reduced that you can’t forget them (flood themes). some halo 4 songs like “117”, “green and blue”, “arrival” and “legacy” still fit these criteria. Halo 5 lacks most of this, “the trials” and “light is green” come close, but are still a bit lacking. most H5 soundtracks are too cluttered (a problem found in much of 343’s game choices, inmy opinion). halo wars 2 did a little better job overall, but still not great, no song realy stays in mind.

I liked H5’s main menu music