Clans.

<mark>Do not post nonconstructive spam.</mark>

out of the many clans I have seen over the years some have truly come to disappoint me. Many clans are at least under names related to the game and have ties related to the universe. But it’s those odd clans that name themselves after other stories and other ideas outside the Halo universe that get me the most worried. Their inability to think or imagine or dream up a new name really says something about the clans, besides the fact that most of these unimaginable clans are run by kids too young to even be playing a game like Halo. I know that there isn’t much anyone can do about it, but at least I can voice my distaste at the notion of these clans and those who lead them. If the competitive community consists of kids between the ages of 5 and 13, or 10 and 15, then I’m truly disappointed. if it’s because of this younger "competitive " clans that are quite literally holding Halo back from being so much more, then I feel all the more frustrated. I don’t think that a game should be defined by the younger audience, but should be defined by the expectations and wants of those old enough and truly care enough for the universe. I think the entire universe should be catered to an older more mature audience. What was M for mature has really become an E for Everyone, so what if you lose sales, at least it’s for those mature enough to understand what is going on. I’d rather buy a game that’s as addictive as Game of Thrones, as scary as Alien, and as bloody as 300. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for now… Or is it?

I don’t understand what you wrote. What does the people who run clans have to do with Halo 5? Also, telling the newer generation of players that they’re not as important as the older generation is not a good way to start off your thread. If Halo players stopped alienating each other based on silly prerequisites, the community as a whole would be a lot better.

I clicked on this thread expecting it to be someone wanting clans to return, like how they were in Halo 2… Boy was I wrong.

> 2533274795233660;2:
> I don’t understand what you wrote. What does the people who run clans have to do with Halo 5? Also, telling the newer generation of players that they’re not as important as the older generation is not a good way to start off your thread. If Halo players stopped alienating each other based on silly prerequisites, the community as a whole would be a lot better.

Talked on clans, and basically to the point. I don’t think Halo should be as friendly as Starwars. I think that younger audiences are ruining the Halo series. Halo CE was awesome, and so was 2 and 3. But now it just looks like Halo should be rated E for Everyone. It’s not fair that then entire series has to get ruined because of little kids playing. And I don’t think that little kids 5-14 should have any say into what a competitive community looks like. Nor should they have a say story wise. Halo is an M for Mature 17+, so it should stay that way.
and and as I have said, the names of the clans that these younger generation runs should show as proof that they aren’t mature enough. And as I said I want a Halo game that lives up to it’s rating.

Uh, this should probably go in recruiting…or general…one of those two. Not in the Halo 5 section.

I love clans, just not those drama filled little kid run of the mill type clans. Real clans. Real competitive community. Not lobby’s filled with screaming little 6 year olds.

> 2533274859413227;5:
> Uh, this should probably go in recruiting…or general…one of those two. Not in the Halo 5 section.

It’s relevant to halo 5. Cause clans are migrating and moving to the Halo 5 servers as soon as the game comes out.

Guten Tag (sorry for bad english)

I am the leader of the “NinjaWolfSoldiers”. We are currently recruiting.

You need to be at least 10 years old and have a mic.

If you are interessted, Message Me (Leader) or 1Dumbo176537 (Co. Leader).

(No honestly, I dont really see what this thread is about or how people in clans make or break the game)

> 2533274901285597;7:
> > 2533274859413227;5:
> > Uh, this should probably go in recruiting…or general…one of those two. Not in the Halo 5 section.
>
>
> It’s relevant to halo 5. Cause clans are migrating and moving to the Halo 5 servers as soon as the game comes out.

But it does need to be moved I agree. (Stupid tablet.)

> 2533274818521550;8:
> Guten Tag (sorry for bad english)
> I am the leader of the “NinjaWolfSoldiers”. We are currently recruiting.
> You need to be at least 10 years old and have a mic.
> If you are interessted, Message Me (Leader) or 1Dumbo176537 (Co. Leader).
> (No honestly, I dont really see what this thread is about or how people in clans make or break the game)

Cause they base the game off the feed back from "competitive " clans. anyone that claims to be competitive. Don’t like seeing feed back or reviews done by 13 year olds. That’s what is ruining the game. And as I have said Halo is an M for Mature and it should stay that way. I just feel as if it’s being catered to an E for Everyone crowd.

> 2764486378417919;3:
> I clicked on this thread expecting it to be someone wanting clans to return, like how they were in Halo 2… Boy was I wrong.

Well I’m annoyed with clans. Can’t take any of them seriously. They will be in Halo 5. And halo 5 looks like halo 4. Child safety. Lots of child safety.

I think we were all kids at some point, so we need to stop with the ageism crap. I was a young’n myself back during CE and 2. Sure, I wasn’t the best at the games when I was a -Yoink!-/teenager, but by playing Halo from that young age I cemented my love for the franchise. I literally grew up with Halo.

So when I jump into BTB and there’s a kid in game chat (assuming he’s not one of the annoying whiny ones), I don’t make fun of him, I treat him like a fellow Halo player and I encourage him to keep at it. That’s how I would want to be treated if I were a kid playing Halo. I wouldn’t want my teammates teasing me because I’m younger. By giving these kids good experiences on Halo, we’re helping to establish their love for the franchise and form some great memories just like we did back in the day.

As for clans, I think clans are great. I love going up against a clan and curb stomping them. “Better go ‘practice’ some more, guys.”

I would actually love to see the Halo 2 clan system back into this but make it 20 times better :).

The original post is kinda all over the place. Not really sure what you want to accomplish with this thread.
A lot of clan names are dumb, devs should focus more on the players that are into the lore, an M rating is better than an E rating…

> 2533274901285597;4:
> > 2533274795233660;2:
> > I don’t understand what you wrote. What does the people who run clans have to do with Halo 5? Also, telling the newer generation of players that they’re not as important as the older generation is not a good way to start off your thread. If Halo players stopped alienating each other based on silly prerequisites, the community as a whole would be a lot better.
>
>
> Talked on clans, and basically to the point. I don’t think Halo should be as friendly as Starwars. I think that younger audiences are ruining the Halo series. Halo CE was awesome, and so was 2 and 3. But now it just looks like Halo should be rated E for Everyone. It’s not fair that then entire series has to get ruined because of little kids playing. And I don’t think that little kids 5-14 should have any say into what a competitive community looks like. Nor should they have a say story wise. Halo is an M for Mature 17+, so it should stay that way.
>
> and and as I have said, the names of the clans that these younger generation runs should show as proof that they aren’t mature enough. And as I said I want a Halo game that lives up to it’s rating.

I don’t think you understand.

Halo hasn’t changed in it’s graphic content. It still features the same type of content from Halo CE where marines are getting eaten by flood, to Halo 4 where Doctor Tillson is disintegrated from the Composer (bones and muscle and all).

The audience that plays Halo is not the cause of the game itself. Call of Duty shows some pretty violent and graphic content yet a lot of younger children play the game. It doesn’t ruin anything. Everyone is welcome to experience the game within limits and with permission from parents. There is nothing that Microsoft can do about a younger audience. There is nothing that 343i can do about a younger audience. You’re barking up the wrong tree and your complaints are unjustified.

> 2533274810150284;12:
> I think we were all kids at some point, so we need to stop with the ageism crap. I was a young’n myself back during CE and 2. Sure, I wasn’t the best at the games when I was a -Yoink!-/teenager, but by playing Halo from that young age I cemented my love for the franchise. I literally grew up with Halo.
>
> So when I jump into BTB and there’s a kid in game chat (assuming he’s not one of the annoying whiny ones), I don’t make fun of him, I treat him like a fellow Halo player and I encourage him to keep at it. That’s how I would want to be treated if I were a kid playing Halo. I wouldn’t want my teammates teasing me because I’m younger. By giving these kids good experiences on Halo, we’re helping to establish their love for the franchise and form some great memories just like we did back in the day.
>
> As for clans, I think clans are great. I love going up against a clan and curb stomping them. “Better go ‘practice’ some more, guys.”

I was about to post my opinion before I saw the above post. What “The Doctor” has said is really amazing. He/She has hit everything perfect. So what if the younger generation wants to try out a new game? Every game in todays world is competitive, so it is only natural to see participants of all ages.

I really don’t understand why you even made this post… You are just making yourself look bad.

I was fairly young when I first experienced halo CE, ever since I have bought every halo game ever released because off how compelling the storyline is. If someone who has never played halo before and plays Halo 5 and then enjoys it. Does it really matter how old they are? Does it actually physically affect you? Nope

You never know someday these ‘kids’ may become better than you and they’ll be asking the same question to you.

> 2533274810150284;12:
> I think we were all kids at some point, so we need to stop with the ageism crap. I was a young’n myself back during CE and 2. Sure, I wasn’t the best at the games when I was a -Yoink!-/teenager, but by playing Halo from that young age I cemented my love for the franchise. I literally grew up with Halo.
> So when I jump into BTB and there’s a kid in game chat (assuming he’s not one of the annoying whiny ones), I don’t make fun of him, I treat him like a fellow Halo player and I encourage him to keep at it. That’s how I would want to be treated if I were a kid playing Halo. I wouldn’t want my teammates teasing me because I’m younger. By giving these kids good experiences on Halo, we’re helping to establish their love for the franchise and form some great memories just like we did back in the day.
> As for clans, I think clans are great. I love going up against a clan and curb stomping them. “Better go ‘practice’ some more, guys.”

halo is a M for Mature game. Story should be scary and bloody and well written

> 2533274810150284;12:
>
>

I agree. The gaming community already gets enough flak from the media and many ignorant people, so why should we hate on ourselves? There is a mute option for a reason and OP should consider giving it a try. As for the skill level of little kids, I’d say it totally varies but to say that they are hurting the Halo community is a bit dramatic.

> 2533275026155148;16:
> > 2533274810150284;12:
> > I think we were all kids at some point, so we need to stop with the ageism crap. I was a young’n myself back during CE and 2. Sure, I wasn’t the best at the games when I was a -Yoink!-/teenager, but by playing Halo from that young age I cemented my love for the franchise. I literally grew up with Halo.
> > So when I jump into BTB and there’s a kid in game chat (assuming he’s not one of the annoying whiny ones), I don’t make fun of him, I treat him like a fellow Halo player and I encourage him to keep at it. That’s how I would want to be treated if I were a kid playing Halo. I wouldn’t want my teammates teasing me because I’m younger. By giving these kids good experiences on Halo, we’re helping to establish their love for the franchise and form some great memories just like we did back in the day.
> > As for clans, I think clans are great. I love going up against a clan and curb stomping them. “Better go ‘practice’ some more, guys.”
>
>
> I was about to post my opinion before I saw the above post. What “The Doctor” has said is really amazing. He/She has hit everything perfect. So what if the younger generation wants to try out a new game? Every game in todays world is competitive, so it is only natural to see participants of all ages.
> I really don’t understand why you even made this post… You are just making yourself look bad.
> I was fairly young when I first experienced halo CE, ever since I have bought every halo game ever released because off how compelling the storyline is. If someone who has never played halo before and plays Halo 5 and then enjoys it. Does it really matter how old they are? Does it actually physically affect you? Nope
> You never know someday these ‘kids’ may become better than you and they’ll be asking the same question to you.

Hey an honest truthful opinion always looks bad.

> 2533274806106788;18:
> > 2533274810150284;12:
> > I think we were all kids at some point, so we need to stop with the ageism crap. I was a young’n myself back during CE and 2. Sure, I wasn’t the best at the games when I was a -Yoink!-/teenager, but by playing Halo from that young age I cemented my love for the franchise. I literally grew up with Halo.
> > So when I jump into BTB and there’s a kid in game chat (assuming he’s not one of the annoying whiny ones), I don’t make fun of him, I treat him like a fellow Halo player and I encourage him to keep at it. That’s how I would want to be treated if I were a kid playing Halo. I wouldn’t want my teammates teasing me because I’m younger. By giving these kids good experiences on Halo, we’re helping to establish their love for the franchise and form some great memories just like we did back in the day.
> > As for clans, I think clans are great. I love going up against a clan and curb stomping them. “Better go ‘practice’ some more, guys.”
>
>
> I agree. The gaming community already gets enough flak from the media and many ignorant people, so why should we hate on ourselves? There is a mute option for a reason and OP should consider giving it a try. As for the skill level of little kids, I’d say it totally varies but to say that they are hurting the Halo community is a bit dramatic.

The point is Halo is an M for Mature game. It’s not Starwars.