Clans in Halo 5

I think clans would be a great idea to bring back from Halo 2 that way other players can form teams for matchmaking, customs, or competitions. This could also allow more teams to match each other for much better gameplay.

This isn’t something that’s desperately needed, but would be loved by MANY. We need a clan-based progression system, and a multiplayer system that supports clans! Even the little things, like accessible emblems that aren’t restricted to ranks, and service tags. What would be nice is if a new mechanic was introduced so that you could put your clan’s name under your head. You would see this, for ex:

Yo Blizz
<The Forerunners>

It would really bring a lot of players together for multiplayer. I don’t see how anyone could be against this.

/Thanked

> We need a clan-based progression system, and a multiplayer system that supports clans! Even the little things, like accessible emblems that aren’t restricted to ranks, and service tags. What would be nice is if a new mechanic was introduced so that you could put your clan’s name under your head.

This would be icing on the cake

I’m done with clans, so I could really care less whether or not this is a new feature.

As long as there isnt any invite spam to go with it like GTA V crew invites then Im fine. You should be allowed into to though. This way I can have the one with my friends and one could be created for the OT thread.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Clans return into Halo as a feature. But I won’t shed a tear if there isn’t. Just saying.

BUT! If there is to be a clan based feature, I say it should be tied directly into the Waypoint app, SmartGlass, and the Halo Waypoint Web Site/forums. Kind of like Steam in design, Steam’s group’s has it’s own page, it has a list of members, who all are playing, and what game, tracks gameplay throughout the clan, has tabs for announcements, discussions, and events. It also has a “Group Player of the Week” feature, where you can set someone to be the VIP for a period of time, and it has not time limit.

Now with that said, there’s a lot of features that I’ve pointed out that I’d love to see 343i implement into Halo/Waypoint, imagine no need for clans to have a “discussion/events” thread, they don’t have to worry about their important clan announcement/discussion/event being forgotten by the clan because the thread was pushed to page 5. Clans would have their own page to post important things, and their clan will be able to view, and see them at any time. They could create events that when they happen, all clan members will be able to view a message in their game, or on the Waypoint app.

There should also be a feature that if you’re in a clan, your clan tag is automatically added to your gamertag, thus streamlining/doing away with the need to have members change their gamertags, which is very annoying, costly, and stupid in my mind.

Yes a new and improved system then what we had with Halo 2.

I say yes! But call them “Fireteams”, and make them behave like Infinity Fireteams (example: Fireteam Majestic and Shadow).

> I say yes! But call them “Fireteams”, and make them behave like Infinity Fireteams (example: Fireteam Majestic and Shadow).

Fireteams are small groups, IE 5 or 10 people. It should just be clan.

> Yes a new and improved system then what we had with Halo 2.

That can certainly be possible with the cloud processing being used for XB1.

I’m not really into clans - but I can see how it can benefit others (perhaps even myself in the future). As long as it isn’t annoying with invite spam - it should work great and could potentially be brought back!