clans, for or against? and why?

i would like to hear everyones opinions about clans. I loved them and personally I would like to see them come back. If you have the same opinion, tell my why. If you don’t, well tell me why as well :slight_smile:
thanks!!

I loved clans. It made the gaming community so much better. You played with people you wanted to. It made finding more friends/people to play with so much easier. I used to hate going in by myself into matchmaking.

Honestly, they shouldn’t have removed it in the first place.
It’s not like it hurts anybody.
If anything, it increases community strength and sport.

Myself a clan leader, I obviously support them. Why would you ever go into matchmaking alone when you can play with friends? And I hope 343 keeps the clan identification system or improves it in Halo 4.

Depends on how the clan is used. Halo 2 I just used it as a way to increase my friends list. Halo 3 turned into a bunch of kids going “wanna join a klan” seriously they lost the point of having a clan to have fun now they dictate what ur motto is, your GT, ur emblem. My H2 clan “squad 1337” never made you change a single thing from Halo 2 and 3 and we owned every other clan out there like KSI, XGC, etc we were the kings and now we have 100s of clans with the real intention to be more of a gang/cult where the leaders abuse their power while making everyone else in the group abide by rules. And the leaders are actually horrible at the game, mostly kids and they just wanna feel dominant, nothing else.

If they went back to just having fun, no bio changes, GT changes, emblem changes I would think clans would be ok but now they are more of a means of control rather than have fun or MLG

I don’t like the idea of clans, but it was a useful addition in Halo 2. I say bring em back with the ability to have a mini bio page about your group that shows an emblem, motto, and a few short words to those that read it. (Besides the motto)

> Depends on how the clan is used. Halo 2 I just used it as a way to increase my friends list. Halo 3 turned into a bunch of kids going “wanna join a klan” seriously they lost the point of having a clan to have fun now they dictate what ur motto is, your GT, ur emblem. My H2 clan “squad 1337” never made you change a single thing from Halo 2 and 3 and we owned every other clan out there like KSI, XGC, etc we were the kings and now we have 100s of clans with the real intention to be more of a gang/cult where the leaders abuse their power while making everyone else in the group abide by rules. And the leaders are actually horrible at the game, mostly kids and they just wanna feel dominant, nothing else.
>
> If they went back to just having fun, no bio changes, GT changes, emblem changes I would think clans would be ok but now they are more of a means of control rather than have fun or MLG

How is organization a bad thing? Although I have to agree with you on some aspects. Being forced to change your motto, gamertag, armor colors etc. is a bit extreme. A simple service tag or emblem change doesn’t really detract from performance, and really isn’t a big deal. And trust me, clans that have issues like you describe never last more than a week. On topic I would like to see maybe a clan playlist, where you can easily find CBs instead of having to look for them.

I dont mind clans and I wouldnt mind joining one but it seems that they want to dictate everything from your armor layout to your colors or what your servis tag is. If your playing with a bunch of guys on as regular basis then you should know there name thats all.

heres a thought. when making a clan you design your own background of your name. (which will be the background of fellow clan members)

> heres a thought. when making a clan you design your own background of your name. (which will be the background of fellow clan members)

I’m not following. 'Splain.

> > Depends on how the clan is used. Halo 2 I just used it as a way to increase my friends list. Halo 3 turned into a bunch of kids going “wanna join a klan” seriously they lost the point of having a clan to have fun now they dictate what ur motto is, your GT, ur emblem. My H2 clan “squad 1337” never made you change a single thing from Halo 2 and 3 and we owned every other clan out there like KSI, XGC, etc we were the kings and now we have 100s of clans with the real intention to be more of a gang/cult where the leaders abuse their power while making everyone else in the group abide by rules. And the leaders are actually horrible at the game, mostly kids and they just wanna feel dominant, nothing else.
> >
> > If they went back to just having fun, no bio changes, GT changes, emblem changes I would think clans would be ok but now they are more of a means of control rather than have fun or MLG
>
> How is organization a bad thing? Although I have to agree with you on some aspects. Being forced to change your motto, gamertag, armor colors etc. is a bit extreme. A simple service tag or emblem change doesn’t really detract from performance, and really isn’t a big deal. And trust me, clans that have issues like you describe never last more than a week. On topic I would like to see maybe a clan playlist, where you can easily find CBs instead of having to look for them.

organization isnt bad but it seems to get too extreme. can you believe KSI is still alive! they are the worst. they force you to change everything. I made my clan squad 1337 mainly to t-bag them. we were unorganized and just played for fun, no practice and yet they got recked by us while they did “practices and drills”. And nothing is more annoying then having a KSI GT when you have left but you dont want to spend money to remove it now.

I say this “until the clan is paying for my xbox live, they have no say in what i do with my account”. Also i beleive Halo 2 did have CB matchmaking. which i think that would be great to get rid of of clans gang bang 4v4 against 4 randoms and thinking they are so great. i beat a group of them once while my team lagged behind i pulled the weight and one just to see there embarcement for ganging up on players. having a seperate CB gametype MM would help. Say like if you go in with 5 players then you are matched up with a clan of 5 opposite. that way they dont need to waste servers on a clan playlist and just have one gametype so you play with 5, you like up with 5. you play with 4 you play against 4 others. you play with 8 you play with 8 others. sounds fair and then they vote for a gametype and map

i wouldn’t useit myself but it seemed like a cool feature

> > heres a thought. when making a clan you design your own background of your name. (which will be the background of fellow clan members)
>
> I’m not following. 'Splain.

like you know where your gamer tag is…and the background is usually the main color of your armor, in matchmaking lobby. That thing. The person who initially started the clan should be able to customize that ‘thing’ (i really don’t know what to call it im sorry) with different colors, patterns, be able to have a custom logo in there (asides from your personal one) …I don’t know if people would prefer taking on the clans logo or having the custom clan logo inside the ‘thing’ where there gamer tag is and having their personal logo where it normally is

also the customization of the ‘thing’ could include rainbow patterns (bear with me its just an example) a picture of something, stripes, custom color patterns, the option to make it translucent etc etc. obviously the ‘thing’ would include mainly the clan name and the clan logo.

and of course all clan members would have the same looking ‘thing’

Personally, I don’t see the harm in having them there. There’s a lot of clans out there, and a lot of clans got their start in Halo (see the GGN for examples). I don’t think supporting clans will hurt the experience for other users, and frankly, clan support would likely build stronger community threads within the game, not just on the internet, and after all, Halo is all about community!

this is true, clans will definitely make a stronger community

Heck yes! Clans were so cool!I think it would be cool if you could register your clan with waypoint and have the name of your clan in your nameplate.

> > > heres a thought. when making a clan you design your own background of your name. (which will be the background of fellow clan members)
> >
> > I’m not following. 'Splain.
>
> like you know where your gamer tag is…and the background is usually the main color of your armor, in matchmaking lobby. That thing. The person who initially started the clan should be able to customize that ‘thing’ (i really don’t know what to call it im sorry) with different colors, patterns, be able to have a custom logo in there (asides from your personal one) …I don’t know if people would prefer taking on the clans logo or having the custom clan logo inside the ‘thing’ where there gamer tag is and having their personal logo where it normally is
>
> also the customization of the ‘thing’ could include rainbow patterns (bear with me its just an example) a picture of something, stripes, custom color patterns, the option to make it translucent etc etc. obviously the ‘thing’ would include mainly the clan name and the clan logo.

It’s called a nameplate.

As much as I hate horrible players playing with other horrible players they have never met before just to stand a chance in halo matchmaking (that is alot of halo’s clanboys) I am fine for the system to be available like in halo 2

I like the idea of clan callsigns, but if clans are to mean more than that, they’d need to be worked on.

1. They could be established publicly or privately, and managed on Waypoint. Each clan has a hub where it shows everyone whose online and in the clan, possibly even setting custom clan ranks for people.

2. Being a part of a clan would be like having a 2nd friend’s list where it shows everyone in the clan.

Those are really the only way I can see clans progressing in the future.