Clan matchmaking

I think that halo 4 should have some type of clan battle system, They could also have tournaments every season and the winner clan gets a prize.
It could work like this: The only way you can play this playlist is if you are in a clan or leading one, this could be an example of the application:

Name of clan:
ROSTER:
Number of members in entire clan:
MLG or Normal:
Email:

And for every game they play the winner and loser of the game are recorded (this is for placing them in the right skill range for tournaments)At the end of each season they give them a division of skill, But resets after every tournament. Each season they could put up a “clan of the season” type of thing. and that clan of the month record is sent to every player on halo(they can choose to get these reports or not).
This will boost recruitment for the clan.

And before each tournament game the rules and regulations are said by the moderators and that moderator will check in after the game to report the results.

Clans sorta died, they are not supported simply because they are really pathetic for the most part, I believe the stereotype is currently:

> “A collection of squeaky under fourteen year old’s who run around pretending to be god like and actually cannot play Halo to save their life”

My advice:

GO PRO / PLAY MLG TODAY.

Oh and the clans can choose not to do tournaments or not.
And they can stick to the maching up with clans system in the playlist.

Clans in Halo are dead.
Wait…they we’re never alive in the first place.

> Clans in Halo are dead.
> Wait…they we’re never alive in the first place.

Derpz is right, oh here is Halos respect chart,

Good MLG Pro Players
Bad MLG Pro Players
Good Matchmaking Players
Bad Matchmaking Players
Bad player with guest
Inactive Randoms with a guest
Clans
Suddoth 1 & 2 (MLG Joke Thanks Ninjection)

Clans died because they simply had nothing to do, but this will. and btw clans were supported by bungie it is the reason they made emblems in halo 2 and stuck with it, so im sure 343 can do the same, clans were actually very alive in halo and popular.

Clans died because they simply had nothing to do, but this will. and btw clans were supported by bungie it is the reason they made emblems in halo 2 and stuck with it, so im sure 343 can do the same, clans were actually very alive in halo and popular.

Im up for clan battle ,it was one of the best playlist in H2.

> Clans died because they simply had nothing to do, but this will. and btw clans were supported by bungie it is the reason they made emblems in halo 2 and stuck with it, so im sure 343 can do the same, clans were actually very alive in halo and popular.

uhh just no. and they removed the clan roster simply because clans died and people used it as a second friends list me included.

uhh just yes, i say again clans died because they had nothing to do but this will give them a reason to do do it all again.

I don’t think clans would be looked down upon and considered pathetic if there was an actual clan vs. clan matchmaking system in Halo 4. In Halo Reach, clans are considered pathetic for a good reason; there isn’t any basis for competition between clans. In Reach, “clans” either face each other in custom games or tear apart randoms in the matchmaking system until they finally come in contact with another clan. That sounds pretty pathetic to me. In Halo 2, there was a small clan vs. clan matchmaking playlist which I thought was pretty cool.

I like the idea. Let clans fight it out. Give them something to brag about and engage in.

> > Clans died because they simply had nothing to do, but this will. and btw clans were supported by bungie it is the reason they made emblems in halo 2 and stuck with it, so im sure 343 can do the same, clans were actually very alive in halo and popular.
>
> uhh just no. and they removed the clan roster simply because clans died and people used it as a second friends list me included.

Keep in mind Halo 2 was the first Halo with online multiplayer over Xbox Live. If you browse the Halo Reach forum on Bungie.net for a little while, you’ll eventually come across conversations about clan battles between teams that are actually well known within that community. They seem to use this site as an environment for setting up clan battles: http://www.bigteambattle.net/. Not advertising, just using it as an example. Anyways, they actually get pretty engaged in it; they talk about what clans have faced which, who won, and then clan members come on to brag about how good their team is, blah blah blah. My point is: if this small underground community can get so engaged and have so much fun competing against each-other in personally set-up clan battles, imagine how it could work with an entire game that’s actually set up for competitive clan battles.

yesh

> Clans sorta died, they are not supported simply because they are really pathetic for the most part, I believe the stereotype is currently:
>
>
>
> > “A collection of squeaky under fourteen year old’s who run around pretending to be god like and actually cannot play Halo to save their life”
>
> My advice:
>
> GO PRO / PLAY MLG TODAY.

MLG is boring…
I did it for awhile…
Too many rules…

somewhat agree

I like this idea. However, it would obviously take the community a while to get used to something changing.

> yesh

Wow, bumping a thread that has been dead for 18 days.

This sounds cool. Except maybe a number should be assigned to the clans on a leaderboard.

Edit: Wow, why would someone bump thread this old?

I’ve seen older threads bumped. Besides it is a valid and interesting topic.

> I’ve seen older threads bumped. Besides it is a valid and interesting topic.

True, it’s just a bit random if you have nothing to add but “yesh” though…