Clamber Returning?

Any idea if clamber is making a return to Infinite? I don’t think any news regarding this has surfaced yet. I enjoyed it in Halo 5 but am not sure if this is a feature that would work well with Infinites sandbox.

Unless they plan on removing it, it is seen in the gameplay reveal trailer from last year

> 2533274923428997;2:
> Unless they plan on removing it, it is seen in the gameplay reveal trailer from last year

Where did you see clamber in the gameplay reveal trailer? I just rewatched it and didn’t notice anything
Edit - nevermind, found it at 5:11.

Yes it’s there. Was shown in the gameplay demo.

Yes, they showed clamber in the gameplay reveal, which means it’ll probably be in the game unless they take it out. Who knows what will happen at this point, there’s been no new gameplay shown outside of screenshots.

I’m personally fine with clamber mainly because crouch jumping itself is janky and doesn’t always work when you want/need it to whereas clamber will always work and is fully reliable.

I wish it wouldn’t return, but alas it was spotted in the gameplay reveal, so it’s more than likely going to stay in Infinite.

> 2535442879769873;6:
> I’m personally fine with clamber mainly because crouch jumping itself is janky and doesn’t always work when you want/need it to whereas clamber will always work and is fully reliable.

> 2533274947044147;7:
> I wish it wouldn’t return, but alas it was spotted in the gameplay reveal, so it’s more than likely going to stay in Infinite.

Im not sure how I feel about it returning. I did enjoy it with Halo 5’s movement but Infinite looks like it will be playing dramatically different to Halo 5. My only fear about clamber returning is how it will affect Map design like how sprint affects map design. In theory, i like clamber, but im still on the fence about it functionality wise in Infinite. Time will tell.

I hope they scrap a lot of the movement mechanics. It’s all just way too much. Make meaningful vehicle combat

> 2533274793365995;9:
> I hope they scrap a lot of the movement mechanics. It’s all just way too much. Make meaningful vehicle combat

Now that vehicles have different destruction physics, I’m curious if that will add to vehicle combat. It was confirmed that when chief drove over a suicide grunt in the reveal trailer that his front wheel was damaged. Hopefully this adds an element to vehicles rather than make them weaker.

If I recall correctly, it was shown in the gameplay trailer.

Was shown in the gameplay trailer. Sprint, clamber and slide are all returning.

I hope clamber returns, not because of Halo 5 or anything, but because it really sucks dying on Lockout because the internet hiccupped in that moment you crouch jumped and your ankle didn’t make it over the ledge.

> 2535471015334583;12:
> Was shown in the gameplay trailer. Sprint, clamber and slide are all returning.

Sprint and Clamber i saw in the trailer, where was there a slide?

No reason why Clamber shouldn’t return. its a pretty satisfying movement mechanic

> 2533274805797484;14:
> > 2535471015334583;12:
> > Was shown in the gameplay trailer. Sprint, clamber and slide are all returning.
>
> Sprint and Clamber i saw in the trailer, where was there a slide?

At 4:15 in the gameplay trailer. Right after he walks out of the deployable wall.

> 2535471015334583;12:
> Was shown in the gameplay trailer. Sprint, clamber and slide are all returning.

The only thing i didnt like about sprint was the spartan charge, and in the gameplay trailer, there was no spartan charge thingy.

> 2535471015334583;16:
> > 2533274805797484;14:
> > > 2535471015334583;12:
> > > Was shown in the gameplay trailer. Sprint, clamber and slide are all returning.
> >
> > Sprint and Clamber i saw in the trailer, where was there a slide?
>
> At 4:15 in the gameplay trailer. Right after he walks out of the deployable wall.

There were actually three to four different slides, once after the drop wall, once on top of the elevator shortly after Chief uses clamber and once against the grunts after using the grappling hook to get up the ledge. There might have been another one when he’s using the shotgun against a brute below the grav lift, but I’m not entirely sure about that one.
Interestingly, all slides were to the right…

Honestly I think the Halo 5 clamber was one of the best things introduced into Halo. It made gameplay so much more fluid.

But as others have stated it was shown in the reveal trailer.

Was in gameplay trailer, and highly doubt they remove it. Delay was mainly to polish bugs and visuals