Civil War

So I am utterly shocked at how pathetically torn this community is. Anyone who defends a game developer is automatically “fanboy’d” and anyone who considers the game broken unleashes unrelenting complaint sessions. This community has come to a civil war. The game functions, with many bugs, but functions. It will be fixed, but what games do not have bugs at launch. I think the about ninety percent of “Halo fans” are really Bungie fans and those are all the people complaining. I think both developers are great developers. However, Bungie devs that left the Halo project when sold to 343 stated that they were relieved to have the Halo burden lifted from their shoulders. I see why that dev said that now, because this community is fragile, one wrong move and people start over-exaggerating and returning games. I’ve been all over these forums lately trying to defend 343 and Halo as much as possible because you people do not have the slightest clue of how much work goes into a game, let alone four games remastered into one. It’s really sad that some people give up so easily and instead are going to Call of Duty, GTA V, and Farcry 4. Call of Duty which has milked it’s customers yearly for a decade with nothing new but a few weapons and killstreaks. GTA V that released incomplete at launch without multiplayer and with a repetitive story. Farcry 4 whose predecessor had a terrible co-op system and multiplayer that function at subpar at best. I’m sure I’ll get a ton of -Yoink- for posting this and be called a fanboy for another 100 times. Basically to put it both simply and nicely, if you do not stick with something through the hard times, you will not reap the rewards when things prosper. I’m tired of the undrivable car analogy, fanboying, “changing the gaming industry.” You returning the game or cancelling a pre-order doesn’t have any affect on anybody. If anything, you leaving will be one less person to be on the server so it can speed up by dropping one port connection. Everyone is entitled to an opinion of their own but some of you just like big explosions that spell “out of proportion” in the sky. So there it is, I’m going back to my forums, I’ve done what I could hear but some people are hopeless.

Note: If you look at my profile like Sasuke did and call me a liar for not being a “true fan.” I played all the Halo’s under a different account that I closed down on Microsoft. Some of you will call -Yoink-, but I’m not going to try to prove it to you because the stats literally don’t exist anymore.

Why be shocked? Happens every Halo game when it comes out, pretty normal to me.

100% agree with OP.

Absolutely nailed it, OP.

Obviously everyone’s disappointed at the matchmaking issues, but as a fanbase, we should actually try and help with the problems we find by coming on here and talking about them, letting 343i see what’s going on and giving them a better idea of what they need to do. No matter how annoyed you are with the problems, telling 343i how much you think they suck and that they’re finished a few dozen times won’t help this get fixed any sooner. If you’re going to criticise, do it constructively so that criticism can be improved on, and we can all get to enjoying the game we want to play. I know people don’t like paying to be a beta tester and I kinda agree, but at the same time it’s the only way to get it sorted as quickly as we can.

Games shouldn’t be released like this ever, no matter what franchise. that is why i’m upset.

Doesn’t matter if it’s supposed to be “expected” now these days, that is no excuse in my opinion.

I am still gonna wait for the game to be patched and not return it, but i will tell you that I am not buying Halo 5 on release day because of this whole situation.

> 2797325125704857;5:
> Games shouldn’t be released like this ever, no matter what franchise. that is why i’m upset.
>
> Doesn’t matter if it’s supposed to be “expected” know these days, that is no excuse in my opinion.
>
> But, i am still gonna wait for the game to be patched and not return it, but i will tell you that I am not buying Halo 5 on release day because of this whole situation.

See? this guy ^ shortly and accurately told 343 they owe him big time. Yet the OP would call him derogatory names. War consumes everyone.

> 2533274808122910;2:
> Why be shocked? Happens every Halo game when it comes out, pretty normal to me.

This is the first time in the history of gaming that a title is this broken it’s not even a complete game it’s just broken and there fixing stuff now that had to be fixed months before release.

Can 343 add muskets in anniversary?

> 2535437058924544;8:
> Can 343 add muskets in anniversary?

lol

Too bad we didn’t get a beta for the game, would have been cool. I know Destiny had a large scale alpha and beta, and still had issues on launch. Maybe it doesn’t make as much difference any more.

The thing I don’t understand is why everyone believes that the bugs can be fixed with a flip of a switch. Yes they released MCC with major bugs, but the thing most people don’t get is they had to release the game on a deadline. Once that time hit, they had to send out the game no matter what state it is in. Luckily it isn’t 10+ years ago when you would release a game with bugs and they could never be fixed due to not being able to distribute the patch. Yes the multiplayer is buggy to the point where you can barely play it. That being said multiplayer isn’t the only aspect of MCC. There is a gargantuan campaign to play while you wait for the fixes. You could spend the next couple weeks going for the achievements/in-game rewards for campaign. It takes time to fix a game that is as massive as what MCC is. It’s 4 games on 1 disc AND they revamped the textures along with it. Honestly everyone should’ve expected bugs to come out with this game. It had to be released on the same day as Halo 2, 10 years ago. 343 has stated “We continue to have various teams working 24/7 to isolate and resolve the issues to provide the best experience as soon as possible.” They aren’t just sitting there laughing at all of us. Fixing something this massive is going to take a couple weeks.
Now don’t get me wrong I am frustrated as well. Friends and I dedicated the whole week just to play the multiplayer. When that didn’t happen we simply either played the campaign or tried our hardest to get into a game. Once you get into a game I believe we can all agree that it is FANTASTIC! No matter which game you play they all look and feel amazing. Going back and playing CTF on Burial Mounds was a pure joy. Even the new generation to join Halo multiplayer, H2A, is phenomenal.
If you really need to get your fix of multiplayer, look at what some of the community members are doing. They are setting up forums for you to post your gamertag and get an invite to play mutiplayer. Sure it takes a bit more time than a normal matchmaking system would, but atleast you’d be playing the game with other people.
Call me a fanboy or whatever, the game will be fixed in the next couple weeks. It’s time to stop hating on 343 so much and let them focus on fixing the game. Instead of creating malicious forum posts, why not make an awesome forge map. Or simply play another game until this one can be fixed.

You shouldn’t be surprised. It’s just an initial wave of haters and people who think they can just sign on and everyone has to listen to them. I remember when Halo 4 released and I along with many others were calling for weapon balancing with the DMR many players just said we couldn’t adapt and that we were butthurt over losing to new players. Funny enough, they leave the forums and the game and are never seen again. It’s just one of those cases.

It will all settle down eventually. There are still going to be trolls who occasionally try to start things, but I doubt this will last past Wednesday’s patch assuming everything goes smoothly.
t t

> 2533274799155638;7:
> > 2533274808122910;2:
> > Why be shocked? Happens every Halo game when it comes out, pretty normal to me.
>
>
> This is the first time in the history of gaming that a title is this broken it’s not even a complete game it’s just broken and there fixing stuff now that had to be fixed months before release.

oh no it isn’t stop being so dramatic. Ever hear of the big rigs game where you fall through bridges and can drive basically anywhere you want and cannot lose because the AI will always stop right before the finish? Ride to hell retribution. For similar examples allow me to direct you to BF4 which suffered many of the same issues or driveclub.

this launch is silky smooth compared to those games because at least certain parts of this game work.

I think every man and woman complaining on here should go out and try to make a multi million dollar company with a broken game, and see how they take it