Cinematics: CG or in-engine?

Do you think the cinematics of Halo Infinite will be CG or in-engine?

If the engine looks as good as the trailer, we might just get in game cutscene, maybe blur is already working on some cinematics for halo infinite

Judging by all the information we have the only answer is, “I don’t know.” It isn’t possible to have an opinion with any basis in fact yet.

> 2533274880633045;3:
> Judging by all the information we have the only answer is, “I don’t know.” It isn’t possible to have an opinion with any basis in fact yet.

We must go into the future to find this out.

> 2533274840469109;4:
> > 2533274880633045;3:
> > Judging by all the information we have the only answer is, “I don’t know.” It isn’t possible to have an opinion with any basis in fact yet.
>
> We must go into the future to find this out.

Patience is far better than endless speculation, particularly when there is literally no information to speculate about…

In-engine. No point in CGI cutscenes nowadays.

We need them blur cutscenes.

> 2533274861622218;6:
> In-engine. No point in CGI cutscenes nowadays.

Blur would like to disagree with you.

I would prefer blur cutscenes.In game can be good,but blur puts a lot of emphasis into the moment and makes it believable if that makes sense

I expect they’ll do a mix approach, like so far. They’ll have either Blur or Axis do intro and outro, maybe even an important mid-game scene. And maybe they’ll even call on the guys they use for motion comics/terminals for stuff. And then there will be cutscenes that are cut-and-dry in-engine using in-game models, and there will be in-engine scenes where they use higher-detail, face-rigged models for the characters with extra detail in the environment where necessary, for scenes that emphasize dialogue over action.

As for preference? I largely prefer games to not have cutscenes at all, honestly. Or, if they do, as in-body events that you watch from your limited vantage point. Those can be artfully presented so that the player doesn’t easily miss pertinent data. But failing that, I do prefer in-engine. My least favourite is the Halo Wars approach, where every cutscene is gorgeous Blur/Axis animations and has me disappointed to see the gameplay start up again. But 343 Industries has struck a decent balance with the campaigns so far, with the cool cutscenes being in the prologue and epilogue – since those literally aren’t interrupting anything, it’s almost not at all jarring. “Almost” because the Halo 4 intro goes from startlingly lifelike Halsey to the original-Xbox-est looking hunk of space debris you’ll ever see in a 2012 Xbox 360 game.

Honestly, lets keep the traditional in-game cutscenes and have blur do the spin offs and halo 3 anniversary… the one that is absolutely in development…

With an engine that good in game would look beautiful. Got to wait and see