Christmas, Halo 5! Let's play multiplayer son!!!

…and we are sitting here dumbfounded as to why we cannot enjoy playing multiplayer together anymore. Man, we have been waiting for so long for this game. My 9 year old just looked at me, turned it off, and asked if we could take it back and get COD BO3. Absolutely son. Oh, the disappointment. WTF. I would love a sincere apology from 343, or at least an acknowledgement of this issue. I am fuming. I have talked this game up for so long. I will never support Halo again, the resentment and butthurt runs too deep. I’m out…

You probably should have done your research and learned that there is no split-screen before buying it. Considering this is your first post, (Congrats, btw!) you probably don’t know that there is an official split-screen thread created simply due to the sheer amount of threads that were spammed every day. So your thread might get locked for not posting your complaints in there.

EDIT: I found it.

Have fun with BO3.

Troll thread, or a very scary thought that this guy has a 9 year old son.

I just had the same conversation with my 9 year old daughter. I can’t begin to describe how disappointed she is. We sat down, her with her master chief edition controller she picked out so she could join me in something that has become a ritual for us and now what. This is bs. Frame rates? Really? Anyone that has made the hop to say they’re ok with smaller images and smaller viewing area probably isn’t going to get bent over frame rates. This is ridiculous. I could go on but what’s the point. I hope to heck this will get turned on with an update that 343 is using as their strategy for fixing /finishing what they’ve put out.

Thanks bud. I know. Do your research, etc. You are correct. No more playing Halo with my son though. Lock my thread, delete my account, doesn’t even matter. I’m already returning the game. On the bright side, I got to teach him more about how life isn’t fair, everything doesn’t always turn out how you wanted it too, there are more productive things we can do with our time anyways, and other father-son type lessons. Good stuff, wouldn’t change it for the world.

What’s scary McGrunty? Just curious

We’ve known about this since like … June. At least. It even says on the box.

I mean, it sucks, and I feel for you. And it’s Halo, so that’s probably why it didn’t cross your mind to even look into it. And … well, never mind, that actually is a pretty good excuse for not knowing. But that’s the price of rock solid 60 frame per second, I guess.

Also, if you guys haven’t tried Bungie’s new game yet, don’t. They too dropped splitscreen. And I’m not even sure why they did, that game runs at 30fps.

Exactly MrMartini85. It’s Halo. I kept up with Halo 5 press for so long waiting for E3, the release date, new trailers, etc. But I made the decision to buy this for my son for Christmas about a year ago. So, I haven’t even bothered looking for any new info about the game since. It was already decided. And it’s Halo, it never even crossed my mind that multiplayer on the couch with my son would not be an option.

I never thought this thread would last this long. To all the dads with the same dissappointed kids, I feel your pain. And thanks everyone for not calling me a noob or any of the other nasty things that I got called when I tried using a headset on Halo 4 multiplayer. Those kind of words hurt a man’s feelings. On to BO3

> 2533274960715815;9:
> And thanks everyone for not calling me a noob or any of the other nasty things that I got called when I tried using a headset on Halo 4 multiplayer. Those kind of words hurt a man’s feelings. On to BO3

You won’t have much better luck in BO3.

Seriously, if BO3 is the same way than I am gonna lose my mind. I’m not even gonna look into that tonight. I just need to go find my happy place and cry this out for a little while

> 2533274960715815;8:
> Exactly MrMartini85. It’s Halo. I kept up with Halo 5 press for so long waiting for E3, the release date, new trailers, etc. But I made the decision to buy this for my son for Christmas about a year ago. So, I haven’t even bothered looking for any new info about the game since. It was already decided. And it’s Halo, it never even crossed my mind that multiplayer on the couch with my son would not be an option.

Yeah, it’s a shame. I’ve played through all the Halo campaigns with my wife, so she was sad about Halo 5.

The thing is, there are people who refuse to play anything less than 60fps. They boycott games on Steam that are 30. They don’t consider them to be “current gen”. And for a competitive shooter right now, it’s a must. So I think it was decided that playing locally with analog friends was too dated and going to hold them back in both sales and terms of e-sports … I mean, what do you really think would cost them more sales: losing splitscreen or running at 30fps? I really don’t know because I keep reminding myself that Destiny doesn’t have splitscreen and runs at 30fps and is just stomping Halo in terms of popularity right now (just on Xbox alone).

They needed Halo to be Microsoft’s flagship 1080p 60fps E-Sport Shooter to compete with others. And in order to do that, splitscreen had to go. Why? Because the Xbox One released as a dated console. It can’t handle it. So I think with them looking at the demand for 60fps, the dwindling number of people who still play splitscreen (and yes, there are fewer of us), and Microsoft saying “we need the big 1080p 60fps shooter on our crappy console with sub par hardware. Whatever the cost, make it happen”, that removing splitscreen was the only way to get it done. Ultimately, I blame it on whomever designed the Xbox One. It wouldn’t take that much more to handle it, but they were cheap about it.

But anyway, this will certainly be locked soon because it’s not the splitscreen thread.

'Tis the price to pay for 60fps mediocrity.

This was widely publicized. Not new. I feel for you, clearly this is not the game for you.

Right on matador. Thanks guys. Let’s go mods, I’m done complaining. Let my Halo years end honorably, and kill this thread

You know, it might help to READ up on what you’re buying next time. It says on the back of the box, and on every single review I’ve seen.

Find out what you’re buying next time.

Either way, I’m sorry that this happened.

Thanks Peanut. Great advice. And I appreciate your sympathy. You are wise beyond your years sir