Choosing cross play?

Will you be able to disable cross play when playing multiplayer?

this would be a great feature! especially for playing competitive ranked game modes!

I’d imagine so. Though I don’t see why you would want to.

> 2533274800521306;3:
> I’d imagine so. Though I don’t see why you would want to.

Mouse and keyboard will always win over a controller plus PC players can easily find ways to cheat.

> 2533274862549291;2:
> this would be a great feature! especially for playing competitive ranked game modes!

Ranked modes are actually input based by default - this was outlined in the PC Inside Infinite Blog
Controller players vs Controller players.
MKB vs MKB.

> 2533274991540659;4:
> > 2533274800521306;3:
> > I’d imagine so. Though I don’t see why you would want to.
>
> Mouse and keyboard will always win over a controller plus PC players can easily find ways to cheat.

If pc devs actually put work into anti-cheat it’s not that bad, I don’t tend to run into a lot of pc cheaters on the games I play on. Plus I believe people exaggerate on the rampant cheating as is to begin with.

the M+KB I can understand cause yea, they’ll have that advantage over controllers. It’ll be smart to have that toggle option for players

> 2533274991540659;4:
> > 2533274800521306;3:
>
> Mouse and keyboard will always win over a controller plus PC players can easily find ways to cheat.

Not necessarily. Yes, you are more pin point accurate (especially with a sniper) with m&kb but really controller players completely dominate the game especially for a game like Halo. I’ve had controller users completely destroy me in MCC before. Mostly because it has to do with having aim assist and bullet magnetism that puts them at a very high advantage. That’s why you don’t really see a lot of m&kb players in MCC.

We’ll see how they implement aiming mechanics and bullet behavior for m&kb when it ships but for now I’m expecting it to be much like how it is in MCC.

Yeah, most likely just like MCC.

> 2533274991540659;4:
> > 2533274800521306;3:
>

People can use M&K on Xbox, and Controller on PC, so I think the better solution would be to toggle input instead of platform.

> 2533274991540659;4:
> > 2533274800521306;3:
>

Well Halo has an anit-cheat and crossplay has an option for input devise. So you can chose to play only with other people using controller even on PC. Like me.

> 2533274800521306;10:
> > 2533274991540659;4:
> > > 2533274800521306;3:
> > > I’d imagine so. Though I don’t see why you would want to.
> >
> > Mouse and keyboard will always win over a controller plus PC players can easily find ways to cheat.
>
> Well Halo has an anit-cheat and crossplay has an option for input devise. So you can chose to play only with other people using controller even on PC. Like me.

Actually there is no active anti-cheat software for this game. Input based matchmaking for ranked is to be expected but won’t solve the cheating issue. All they have to do is plug a controller into their PC. To me it sounds like they’re going to do forced crossplay like Warzone to keep the streamers on PC able to find games quickly on a console heavy title. 343 stated that they will ban accounts for cheating. That won’t do anything in a free game, you can just create another account for free on a burner email. If cross play is not able to be turned off, the loyal console players of 20 years will suffer for it. I really hope 343 knows what they’re doing.

> 2567453894718507;11:
> > 2533274800521306;10:
> > > 2533274991540659;4:
> > > > 2533274800521306;3:
> > > > I’d imagine so. Though I don’t see why you would want to.
> > >
> > > Mouse and keyboard will always win over a controller plus PC players can easily find ways to cheat.
> >
> > Well Halo has an anit-cheat and crossplay has an option for input devise. So you can chose to play only with other people using controller even on PC. Like me.
>
> Actually there is no active anti-cheat software for this game. Input based matchmaking for ranked is to be expected but won’t solve the cheating issue. All they have to do is plug a controller into their PC. To me it sounds like they’re going to do forced crossplay like Warzone to keep the streamers on PC able to find games quickly on a console heavy title. 343 stated that they will ban accounts for cheating. That won’t do anything in a free game, you can just create another account for free on a burner email. If cross play is not able to be turned off, the loyal console players of 20 years will suffer for it. I really hope 343 knows what they’re doing.

Well MCC has an anti-cheat so I’d imagine it’ll also be on Infinite as well. Input is a great way to counter cheating. As controller cheating is much more difficult. Since the vast majority of PC players play at 144hz max they wont have much of an advantage over the 120hz on Series X/S.

I hope you can disable it fully but I have a feeling that you will only be able to disable the input. As in if you’re playing on controller you will play against people who only have controllers if you want. Likewise if you’re using M&KB.

All I know is that if I’m using controller I don’t want anything to do with playing against somebody that’s using M&KB. I also don’t really want to play competitive games against someone on PC regardless what they’re using if I’m on console but I know it won’t be that way most likely.

We’ll just have to wait and see what they do in the end but who knows maybe they change this option later as well.

> 2533274800521306;12:
> > 2567453894718507;11:
> > > 2533274800521306;10:
> > > > 2533274991540659;4:
> > > > > 2533274800521306;3:
> > > > > I’d imagine so. Though I don’t see why you would want to.
> > > >
> > > > Mouse and keyboard will always win over a controller plus PC players can easily find ways to cheat.
> > >
> > > Well Halo has an anit-cheat and crossplay has an option for input devise. So you can chose to play only with other people using controller even on PC. Like me.
> >
> > Actually there is no active anti-cheat software for this game. Input based matchmaking for ranked is to be expected but won’t solve the cheating issue. All they have to do is plug a controller into their PC. To me it sounds like they’re going to do forced crossplay like Warzone to keep the streamers on PC able to find games quickly on a console heavy title. 343 stated that they will ban accounts for cheating. That won’t do anything in a free game, you can just create another account for free on a burner email. If cross play is not able to be turned off, the loyal console players of 20 years will suffer for it. I really hope 343 knows what they’re doing.
>
> Well MCC has an anti-cheat so I’d imagine it’ll also be on Infinite as well. Input is a great way to counter cheating. As controller cheating is much more difficult. Since the vast majority of PC players play at 144hz max they wont have much of an advantage over the 120hz on Series X/S.

343 already said there won’t be anti-cheat software for infinite. They believe the slipspace engine will be unique enough to cause trouble for hacks/programs. Input won’t counter cheating. You can use super speed, wall hacks, or aimbot on PC with a controller plugged in and ruin all of us console players days.