Child gameshare account didn’t get voices of war

I own the voices of war pack so I can use the 3 other voices in my games. My child’s account (different Xbox, but my Xbox home) was able to download the voices of war to her Xbox, and it shows it downloaded in the manage game and add on menu on her Xbox, but when she loads up halo 5 the voices aren’t unlocked and it says she only had 25% of announcers unlocked (ie just the default).

It could be because your child’s account doesn’t have the license for the pack, even though the data has been downloaded on the Xbox. I’m pretty sure the Voices of War pack isn’t shareable.

Voices of War functions like an in-app purchase. Just like if you bought a Gold pack on your account, it wouldn’t appear on your child’s account through gameshare.

But it’s dlc :confused: that’s shareable

> 2535422156285851;3:
> But it’s dlc :confused: that’s shareable

Like I said, it’s also a REQ pack, and REQ packs aren’t shareable.

Another person had your issue in the past. It seems to be intentional. The license to use the content is only obtained when the account actually purchases the content. Just having the content files downloaded doesn’t mean you have permission to use them. Gameshare wasn’t intended to be used as a loophole to avoid purchasing content, even if that’s how some people try to use it. It was intended to be a convenient feature for families that lets any account play digital games on the home console without having the purchasing account be signed in all the time. Xbox may not crack down on those who try to use gamesharing as a way to circumvent two people buying two copies of a game or piece of content, but at the same time they aren’t going to help you exploit that loophole if it doesn’t work for a particular piece of content.

Wow. Nice job leacturing me on the morality of gamesharing, when in the title I state it’s my child’s account! Im not trying to scam the system and exploit a loophole. As you said:

> It was intended to be a convenient feature for families

> 2535422156285851;5:
> Wow. Nice job leacturing me on the morality of gamesharing, when in the title I state it’s my child’s account! Im not trying to scam the system and exploit a loophole. As you said:
>
>
> > It was intended to be a convenient feature for families

The feature is to allow families to play digitally purchased games without having to purchase the entire game for each account on the console, as well as to share the benefits of Xbox Live for all accounts on the console. That isn’t the issue you’re having, though. Your child can play Halo 5 just fine. What you want is for them to be able to use a piece of premium content that doesn’t change the gameplay experience. A piece of content that was designed to only work for the purchasing account. You aren’t suffering from a technical issue in this case; everything is working as intended. That intention was that an account would have to purchase the content to use it. Your child’s account isn’t supposed to have access to the content because they didn’t purchase it.

Yes I understand. You still didn’t need to be VERY acusatory towards me about game sharing and “exploiting a loophole”. You very heavily implied that’s what I was doing and it’s really rude.

> 2533274817408735;4:
> > 2535422156285851;3:
> > But it’s dlc :confused: that’s shareable
>
> Like I said, it’s also a REQ pack, and REQ packs aren’t shareable.
>
> […]

I sent a private message to the op specifically to tell him this. The voices of war package is present in the req package store, it is clear that it is a req package and therefore has the same characteristics. :confused: