Chieftain in Multiplayer?

Listen guys yesterday after playing halo 5 I thought about an idea that could be very VERY cool in Halo infinite, what about if in every team you could vote a chieftain from your teammates that with ping and other stuff like that could coordinate the actions, personally for me it would be a nice mechanic, what do you think?

> 2535440556458584;1:
> Listen guys yesterday after playing halo 5 I thought about an idea that could be very VERY cool in Halo infinite, what about if in every team you could vote a chieftain from your teammates that with ping and other stuff like that could coordinate the actions, personally for me it would be a nice mechanic, what do you think guys?

Potentially some kind of ping may be a good thought for accessibility reasons, but frankly I’d be more concerned about spam of it becoming annoying. I think the existing status quo for coordination is fine: if you don’t want to hear you turn gamechat off, if you want to hear but not speak you have gamechat on but no mic/muted, if you want to call out etc you use your mic.

The one thing I think that needs to be put in for Infinite is the old style matchmaking filters: e.g. you have preferences for teammates who have a mic etc.

I’m not against it as a concept per say, but I struggle to see it having enough impact to be worthwhile - especially without naturally persistent team lobbies.

> 2533274874872263;2:
> > 2535440556458584;1:
> > -snip-
>
> Potentially some kind of ping may be a good thought for accessibility reasons, but frankly I’d be more concerned about spam of it becoming annoying. I think the existing status quo for coordination is fine: if you don’t want to hear you turn gamechat off, if you want to hear but not speak you have gamechat on but no mic/muted, if you want to call out etc you use your mic.
>
> The one thing I think that needs to be put in for Infinite is the old style matchmaking filters: e.g. you have preferences for teammates who have a mic etc.
>
> I’m not against it as a concept per say, but I struggle to see it having enough impact to be worthwhile - especially without naturally persistent team lobbies.

Halo 5 had a pretty decent ping system, you could ping it if you needed help, it wasn’t very intrusive and probably could have drawn more attention because people never knew it was a thing, but its much better than a fully fleshed ping system which doesn’t seem necessary when Halo games go so quickly. I’d honestly prefer game chat, which I realize isn’t an option for everyone, so matchmaking filters are the GOAT

> 2533274923428997;3:
> > 2533274874872263;2:
> > > 2535440556458584;1:
> > > -snip-
> >
> > Potentially some kind of ping may be a good thought for accessibility reasons, but frankly I’d be more concerned about spam of it becoming annoying. I think the existing status quo for coordination is fine: if you don’t want to hear you turn gamechat off, if you want to hear but not speak you have gamechat on but no mic/muted, if you want to call out etc you use your mic.
> >
> > The one thing I think that needs to be put in for Infinite is the old style matchmaking filters: e.g. you have preferences for teammates who have a mic etc.
> >
> > I’m not against it as a concept per say, but I struggle to see it having enough impact to be worthwhile - especially without naturally persistent team lobbies.
>
> Halo 5 had a pretty decent ping system, you could ping it if you needed help, it wasn’t very intrusive and probably could have drawn more attention because people never knew it was a thing, but its much better than a fully fleshed ping system which doesn’t seem necessary when Halo games go so quickly. I’d honestly prefer game chat, which I realize isn’t an option for everyone, so matchmaking filters are the GOAT

I mean… I have hundreds if not thousands of hours in Halo 5 and I’ve literally never been more than dimly aware of it

I want to see a ping system that you can ping every say, 10 seconds and it marks stuff around the map which you aim at
it could be good w random lobbies, but it WILL get spammed

> 2533274874872263;4:
> > 2533274923428997;3:
> > > 2533274874872263;2:
> > > > 2535440556458584;1:
> > > > -snip-
> > >
> > > Potentially some kind of ping may be a good thought for accessibility reasons, but frankly I’d be more concerned about spam of it becoming annoying. I think the existing status quo for coordination is fine: if you don’t want to hear you turn gamechat off, if you want to hear but not speak you have gamechat on but no mic/muted, if you want to call out etc you use your mic.
> > >
> > > The one thing I think that needs to be put in for Infinite is the old style matchmaking filters: e.g. you have preferences for teammates who have a mic etc.
> > >
> > > I’m not against it as a concept per say, but I struggle to see it having enough impact to be worthwhile - especially without naturally persistent team lobbies.
> >
> > Halo 5 had a pretty decent ping system, you could ping it if you needed help, it wasn’t very intrusive and probably could have drawn more attention because people never knew it was a thing, but its much better than a fully fleshed ping system which doesn’t seem necessary when Halo games go so quickly. I’d honestly prefer game chat, which I realize isn’t an option for everyone, so matchmaking filters are the GOAT
>
> I mean… I have hundreds if not thousands of hours in Halo 5 and I’ve literally never been more than dimly aware of it

yeah exactly, it was never pointed out, and it’s so under-the-radar that people don’t even know its there, 5 and a half years after the game came out lol.

I’m cool with a ping that’s similar to the Halo 5 one, but maybe have it be more apparent instead of it blending in with the tag when a teammate is getting shot lol

> 2533274923428997;6:
> > 2533274874872263;4:
> > > 2533274923428997;3:
> > > > 2533274874872263;2:
> > > > > 2535440556458584;1:
> > > > > -snip-
> > > >
> > > > Potentially some kind of ping may be a good thought for accessibility reasons, but frankly I’d be more concerned about spam of it becoming annoying. I think the existing status quo for coordination is fine: if you don’t want to hear you turn gamechat off, if you want to hear but not speak you have gamechat on but no mic/muted, if you want to call out etc you use your mic.
> > > >
> > > > The one thing I think that needs to be put in for Infinite is the old style matchmaking filters: e.g. you have preferences for teammates who have a mic etc.
> > > >
> > > > I’m not against it as a concept per say, but I struggle to see it having enough impact to be worthwhile - especially without naturally persistent team lobbies.
> > >
> > > Halo 5 had a pretty decent ping system, you could ping it if you needed help, it wasn’t very intrusive and probably could have drawn more attention because people never knew it was a thing, but its much better than a fully fleshed ping system which doesn’t seem necessary when Halo games go so quickly. I’d honestly prefer game chat, which I realize isn’t an option for everyone, so matchmaking filters are the GOAT
> >
> > I mean… I have hundreds if not thousands of hours in Halo 5 and I’ve literally never been more than dimly aware of it
>
> yeah exactly, it was never pointed out, and it’s so under-the-radar that people don’t even know its there, 5 and a half years after the game came out lol.
>
> I’m cool with a ping that’s similar to the Halo 5 one, but maybe have it be more apparent instead of it blending in with the tag when a teammate is getting shot lol

Entirely on board with that. It is a very good system and just needs slightly more awareness