Chief's Thrusters

This is my refined idea for Chiefs movement capabilities in Halo 4.

Chief has thrusters on his back.
Thrusters have two positions: facing back or facing down.
When thrusters are facing back Chief can sprint and sprint-jump over long horizontal gaps.
When thrusters are facing down Chief can “thrust-jump” over high vertical walls.
Switching between thruster modes would have a dedicated button, much like switching grenade types.

The thrust-jump would not be powerful like a jetpack. On Asylum, it would get you from the ground to Ring 2 but not the ground to Ring 3.

When Chief is in Sprint mode and jumps a gap the thrusters would help push him forward while he is in the air.

The thrusters for for zero-g environment. I don’t think they would be much helpful if he was in gravity. He has over 1000 pounds of weight on him.

Gameplay > Cannon

> Gameplay > Cannon

Wha?

The campaign is what made halo so no.

The thrusters are designed for zero-G environments. Like the first person to comment said, he has around 1,000 pounds, so it wouldn’t do so much in gravity.

> > Gameplay > Cannon
>
> Wha?

I’m saying that even if a Halo book says that Chief’s thrusters only work in zero gravity, if my idea resulted in good game play then it would be worth it to break cannon. 90% of the community doesn’t read those anyway.

> The thrusters are designed for zero-G environments. Like the first person to comment said, he has around 1,000 pounds, so it wouldn’t do so much in gravity.

This! Tho I do hope we get to fight in zero-G enviroments. That would be awesome :3

How about instead of trying to bring the jetpack back, and combine it with sprint, we just leave it to zero-g where it has been explained it works.

> > > Gameplay > Cannon
> >
> > Wha?
>
> I’m saying that even if a Halo book says that Chief’s thrusters only work in zero gravity, if my idea resulted in good game play then it would be worth it to break cannon. 90% of the community doesn’t read those anyway.

Do you wish me to write an epic that goes against what you said?

> > > Gameplay > Cannon
> >
> > Wha?
>
> I’m saying that even if a Halo book says that Chief’s thrusters only work in zero gravity, if my idea resulted in good game play then it would be worth it to break cannon. 90% of the community doesn’t read those anyway.

Actually a good portion of the community read the books, including myself. If you read the books you will have a deeper appreciation for the Halo universe.

> > > Gameplay > Cannon
> >
> > Wha?
>

What are you talking about? Have you seen the complaints about reach breaking the book cannon?

Once again, gameplay trumps cannon. Halo is, first and foremost, a video game. If features are not being included because it going against what some author made up then that is the silliest thing I have ever heard.

> Once again, gameplay trumps cannon. Halo is, first and foremost, a video game. If features are not being included because it going against what some author made up then that is the silliest thing I have ever heard.

NO! never, whats the point of having the story then. I would never buy a good game or book if all that mattered was the action.

> > Once again, gameplay trumps cannon. Halo is, first and foremost, a video game. If features are not being included because it going against what some author made up then that is the silliest thing I have ever heard.
>
> NO! never, whats the point of having the story then. I would never buy a good game or book if all that mattered was the action.

To make more money off of you? They are not making books out of the kindness of their hearts.

> > > Once again, gameplay trumps cannon. Halo is, first and foremost, a video game. If features are not being included because it going against what some author made up then that is the silliest thing I have ever heard.
> >
> > NO! never, whats the point of having the story then. I would never buy a good game or book if all that mattered was the action.
>
> To make more money off of you? They are not making books out of the kindness of their hearts.

Ummmm most do put alot of effort in making them. If they didnt no one would buy them.

> Gameplay > Cannon

Of course gameplay is better than cannon, since almost no people have a cannon but most people have video games. Civilians aren’t allowed to own cannons, and even if we were, we wouldn’t be allowed to fire them. I don’t even know where you would get a cannon since warships stopped using them hundreds of years ago.

> Gameplay > Cannon

Halo Games have always been first canon. It’s a well known fact (:

So i’ll requote what this person said, Game is Canon, Books are Second.

> > Gameplay > Cannon
>
> Of course gameplay is better than cannon, since almost no people have a cannon but most people have video games. Civilians aren’t allowed to own cannons, and even if we were, we wouldn’t be allowed to fire them. I don’t even know where you would get a cannon since warships stopped using them hundreds of years ago.

I almost died laughing when I read this. XD

> > Gameplay > Cannon
>
> Halo Games have always been first canon. It’s a well known fact (:
>
> So i’ll requote what this person said, Game is Canon, Books are Second.

^ This.