Chiefs new floating armor

This may have already been discussed, but I was wondering if anyone had noticed that the shoulder pads on chiefs new look in halo 4 are floating and don’t seem to be attached. And please inform me if it has been fixed or mentioned by 343. If not, that is a stupid graphical oversight that should easily be fixed.

Probaly just an oversight.

Tho the title got me laughing, thanks OP!

Also Welcome to Waypoint!

Your title got me to smile a bit. Like RAAM said, probably some over-sight.

Welcome to Waypoint. Check out the roll call thread while you are here.

Wow, OP. Can’t you just accept that Halo needs to change?

I like his new floating armor. Don’t change it 343 or I won’t buy your game.

I hope it’s not just an oversight. 343 IF YOU READ THE FORMS I HOPE YOU SEE THIS!! PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY HIS ARMOR IS FLOATING!! (spoilers are ok (: )

> Wow, OP. Can’t you just accept that Halo needs to change?
>
> I like his new floating armor. Don’t change it 343 or I won’t buy your game.

CALM YOUR NUTS DUDE… hes just saying that they look detached

And Op they are attached… but its attached at the top with a hinge thing so that the Chief can reach above his head without his armor phasing into him. and it grows on you

Oh ok cool. If you have a pic/video that shows that hinge could you link it?

> > Wow, OP. Can’t you just accept that Halo needs to change?
> >
> > I like his new floating armor. Don’t change it 343 or I won’t buy your game.
>
> CALM YOUR NUTS DUDE… hes just saying that they look detached

I am very much joking. I thought my post sounded so absurd that nobody could take it seriously. It was a play on forum logic.

And, I’m sure they are attached in some manner. It’d be hard to tell, especially since we can’t get a good 360 view of his armor yet.

Cortana upgraded his armour to have floating bits. Halfway through Halo 4 she’ll extend the upgrade so the whole armour floats. By Halo 6 there wont be any walking at all.

> And Op they are attached… but its attached at the top with a hinge thing so that the Chief can reach above his head without his armor phasing into him. and it grows on you

A picture showing that would be very much appreciated. Cause in this picture- http://www.velocitygamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Halo-4-Master-Chief-1.jpg - it clearly looks like the armor is floating

> Cortana upgraded his armour to have floating bits. Halfway through Halo 4 she’ll extend the upgrade so the whole armour floats. By Halo 6 there wont be any walking at all.

NO SPOILERS ON THE FORUMS!!!

/jk

It probably uses the same tech as the Forerunner iron sights.

That’s quite bothersome to me. Probably the product of an early build in the game. No worries, I’m sure.