Chief's New AI

I like this AI I’ve seen. Assumingly she will be with Chief throughout the campaign or at least part of it, even if only the first mission. I’m excited!

Agreed it’ll add an interesting story element to Chief. Especially with Cortana still central to the story.

Seems ok but it just seems weird that they keep putting clothes on AI but not as bad Rolans orange design. Also I’m a bit confused as to why the Cortana seems to have anxiety too. Anyway I think there getting better at the character animation’s for AI but just seems weird to not have her classic look back but found Halo 4’s design to look bad compared to classic Cortana.

> 2533274829873463;3:
> Seems ok but it just seems weird that they keep putting clothes on AI but not as bad Rolans orange design. Also I’m a bit confused as to why the Cortana seems to have anxiety too. Anyway I think there getting better at the character animation’s for AI but just seems weird to not have her classic look back but found Halo 4’s design to look bad compared to classic Cortana.

There always been clothes on AI in Halo. Serina, Roland, Isabel. Cortana did not at first but they put it on her eventually.

> 2535419166122192;4:
> > 2533274829873463;3:
> > Seems ok but it just seems weird that they keep putting clothes on AI but not as bad Rolans orange design. Also I’m a bit confused as to why the Cortana seems to have anxiety too. Anyway I think there getting better at the character animation’s for AI but just seems weird to not have her classic look back but found Halo 4’s design to look bad compared to classic Cortana.
>
> There always been clothes on AI in Halo. Serina, Roland, Isabel. Cortana did not at first but they put it on her eventually.

Like I said it just seems weird. Characters like Roland were just an example of a character that just looked weird wearing them and it just looked weird when it was forced in Halo 5 with Cortana.

> 2533274829873463;5:
> > 2535419166122192;4:
> > > 2533274829873463;3:
> > > Seems ok but it just seems weird that they keep putting clothes on AI but not as bad Rolans orange design. Also I’m a bit confused as to why the Cortana seems to have anxiety too. Anyway I think there getting better at the character animation’s for AI but just seems weird to not have her classic look back but found Halo 4’s design to look bad compared to classic Cortana.
> >
> > There always been clothes on AI in Halo. Serina, Roland, Isabel. Cortana did not at first but they put it on her eventually.
>
> Like I said it just seems weird. Characters like Roland were just an example of a character that just looked weird wearing them and it just looked weird when it was forced in Halo 5 with Cortana.

How did you prefer them to look like? Because besides that, they are naked…

Campaign seems promising. Seems there’s a ton of information to discover. I’m hoping this means we have a huge campaign.

> 2533274800521306;2:
> Agreed it’ll add an interesting story element to Chief. Especially with Cortana still central to the story.

I concur. I’d like to see how having a different voice will change the feel and tone to the game. I bet we’re all used to having Cortana all these years so this will be something fresh. Whether this new AI (whatever her name is) will stick around for more than one mission or the whole game is something to be seen I suppose.

> 2535419166122192;6:
> > 2533274829873463;5:
> > > 2535419166122192;4:
> > > > 2533274829873463;3:
> > > > Seems ok but it just seems weird that they keep putting clothes on AI but not as bad Rolans orange design. Also I’m a bit confused as to why the Cortana seems to have anxiety too. Anyway I think there getting better at the character animation’s for AI but just seems weird to not have her classic look back but found Halo 4’s design to look bad compared to classic Cortana.
> > >
> > > There always been clothes on AI in Halo. Serina, Roland, Isabel. Cortana did not at first but they put it on her eventually.
> >
> > Like I said it just seems weird. Characters like Roland were just an example of a character that just looked weird wearing them and it just looked weird when it was forced in Halo 5 with Cortana.
>
> How did you prefer them to look like? Because besides that, they are naked…

To look similar to Cortana in Halo 1-3. I kind of thought that was obvious. I miss seeing the data flow through the character models since it made them look like they were calculating millions of different things at the same time.

> 2533274829873463;9:
> > 2535419166122192;6:
> > > 2533274829873463;5:
> > > > 2535419166122192;4:
> > > > > 2533274829873463;3:
> > > > > Seems ok but it just seems weird that they keep putting clothes on AI but not as bad Rolans orange design. Also I’m a bit confused as to why the Cortana seems to have anxiety too. Anyway I think there getting better at the character animation’s for AI but just seems weird to not have her classic look back but found Halo 4’s design to look bad compared to classic Cortana.
> > > >
> > > > There always been clothes on AI in Halo. Serina, Roland, Isabel. Cortana did not at first but they put it on her eventually.
> > >
> > > Like I said it just seems weird. Characters like Roland were just an example of a character that just looked weird wearing them and it just looked weird when it was forced in Halo 5 with Cortana.
> >
> > How did you prefer them to look like? Because besides that, they are naked…
>
> To look similar to Cortana in Halo 1-3. I kind of thought that was obvious. I miss seeing the data flow through the character models since it made them look like they were calculating millions of different things at the same time.

They could have clothes while keeping the data flow.

But yeah, nude was a Cortana thing.

Halo 5 her made sense she was space -Yoink!- and not your snarky companion.

> 2533274829873463;9:
> > 2535419166122192;6:
> > > 2533274829873463;5:
> > > > 2535419166122192;4:
> > > > > 2533274829873463;3:
> > > > > Seems ok but it just seems weird that they keep putting clothes on AI but not as bad Rolans orange design. Also I’m a bit confused as to why the Cortana seems to have anxiety too. Anyway I think there getting better at the character animation’s for AI but just seems weird to not have her classic look back but found Halo 4’s design to look bad compared to classic Cortana.
> > > >
> > > > There always been clothes on AI in Halo. Serina, Roland, Isabel. Cortana did not at first but they put it on her eventually.
> > >
> > > Like I said it just seems weird. Characters like Roland were just an example of a character that just looked weird wearing them and it just looked weird when it was forced in Halo 5 with Cortana.
> >
> > How did you prefer them to look like? Because besides that, they are naked…
>
> To look similar to Cortana in Halo 1-3. I kind of thought that was obvious. I miss seeing the data flow through the character models since it made them look like they were calculating millions of different things at the same time.

You realize that Cortana was the only nude AI. Would you prefer Roland naked too?

I would assume the anxious stems from being an inexperienced, newly made AI, seemingly made for a singular purpose. Only speculation, but works enough for me

pues desde mi punto de vista fue una buena forma de resolver la compañía que tendrá el jefe maestro durante la campaña después de la rebelión de la Cortana original

> 2533274828524404;8:
> > 2533274800521306;2:
> > Agreed it’ll add an interesting story element to Chief. Especially with Cortana still central to the story.
>
> I concur. I’d like to see how having a different voice will change the feel and tone to the game. I bet we’re all used to having Cortana all these years so this will be something fresh. Whether this new AI (whatever her name is) will stick around for more than one mission or the whole game is something to be seen I suppose.

According to the Waypoint post, her name is “The Weapon”. Kinda lame I think. She deserves a name.

> 2533274856059836;14:
> > 2533274828524404;8:
> > > 2533274800521306;2:
> > > Agreed it’ll add an interesting story element to Chief. Especially with Cortana still central to the story.
> >
> > I concur. I’d like to see how having a different voice will change the feel and tone to the game. I bet we’re all used to having Cortana all these years so this will be something fresh. Whether this new AI (whatever her name is) will stick around for more than one mission or the whole game is something to be seen I suppose.
>
> According to the Waypoint post, her name is “The Weapon”. Kinda lame I think. She deserves a name.

I think I’ll stick with Neo Cortana since she has way too much personality to be just called a weapon.

> 2533274829873463;15:
> > 2533274856059836;14:
> > > 2533274828524404;8:
> > > > 2533274800521306;2:
> > > > Agreed it’ll add an interesting story element to Chief. Especially with Cortana still central to the story.
> > >
> > > I concur. I’d like to see how having a different voice will change the feel and tone to the game. I bet we’re all used to having Cortana all these years so this will be something fresh. Whether this new AI (whatever her name is) will stick around for more than one mission or the whole game is something to be seen I suppose.
> >
> > According to the Waypoint post, her name is “The Weapon”. Kinda lame I think. She deserves a name.
>
> I think I’ll stick with Neo Cortana since she has way too much personality to be just called a weapon.

I think she was given that designation because she was clearly intended to be used for one purpose: trapping and deleting the original Cortana and essentially decapitate the Created. They never thought she’d survive past that, and as she said… she couldn’t delete herself when she tried.

That being said… she has a similar appearance and use of mannerisms akin to Miranda Keyes. Pretty sure that’s not a coincidence.

> 2535419166122192;11:
> > 2533274829873463;9:
> > > 2535419166122192;6:
> > > > 2533274829873463;5:
> > > > > 2535419166122192;4:
> > > > > > 2533274829873463;3:
> > > > > > Seems ok but it just seems weird that they keep putting clothes on AI but not as bad Rolans orange design. Also I’m a bit confused as to why the Cortana seems to have anxiety too. Anyway I think there getting better at the character animation’s for AI but just seems weird to not have her classic look back but found Halo 4’s design to look bad compared to classic Cortana.
> > > > >
> > > > > There always been clothes on AI in Halo. Serina, Roland, Isabel. Cortana did not at first but they put it on her eventually.
> > > >
> > > > Like I said it just seems weird. Characters like Roland were just an example of a character that just looked weird wearing them and it just looked weird when it was forced in Halo 5 with Cortana.
> > >
> > > How did you prefer them to look like? Because besides that, they are naked…
> >
> > To look similar to Cortana in Halo 1-3. I kind of thought that was obvious. I miss seeing the data flow through the character models since it made them look like they were calculating millions of different things at the same time.
>
> You realize that Cortana was the only nude AI. Would you prefer Roland naked too?

You don’t have to give him a slong

I think you could easily spin Cortana putting on clothes in later games as her maturing with age. She stays the game kinda “young and innocent” and eventually dawns a sort of field officer look in H5.

I line the new AI having formal military garb. The whole vibe of her being programmed with simple parameters and having to adjust to the “changed mission” is intriguing. I think it’s going to give chief a sort of father figure arc for her in this game, rather than the partnership we started at and Cortana grew in and out of .

She got that Kalmiya vibe.

> 2535419166122192;11:
> > 2533274829873463;9:
> > > 2535419166122192;6:
> > > > 2533274829873463;5:
> > > > > 2535419166122192;4:
> > > > > > 2533274829873463;3:
> > > > > > Seems ok but it just seems weird that they keep putting clothes on AI but not as bad Rolans orange design. Also I’m a bit confused as to why the Cortana seems to have anxiety too. Anyway I think there getting better at the character animation’s for AI but just seems weird to not have her classic look back but found Halo 4’s design to look bad compared to classic Cortana.
> > > > >
> > > > > There always been clothes on AI in Halo. Serina, Roland, Isabel. Cortana did not at first but they put it on her eventually.
> > > >
> > > > Like I said it just seems weird. Characters like Roland were just an example of a character that just looked weird wearing them and it just looked weird when it was forced in Halo 5 with Cortana.
> > >
> > > How did you prefer them to look like? Because besides that, they are naked…
> >
> > To look similar to Cortana in Halo 1-3. I kind of thought that was obvious. I miss seeing the data flow through the character models since it made them look like they were calculating millions of different things at the same time.
>
> You realize that Cortana was the only nude AI. Would you prefer Roland naked too?

Halo Reach Spoiler Alert: (Not that any of you guys haven’t played this game a million times, but my spoiler button isn’t working…)

Maybe in halo reach when Halsey was preparing Cortana she skipped the cosmetics and gave Noble Six a naked Cortana because reach was about to get glassed. Lore confirmed. Infinite tie-in Confirmed.