Chief will never die

I swear 343 if you kill off master chief, you’re gonna lose a lot of fans. I’m not saying this for myself, I’m saying this as a halo commuter. I know halo and it’s population. Unlike you guys who think halo 4 was AMAZING… lets be honest, the story was the only good thing of halo 4. Anyways the main point is that the community revolves around John, not some random new guy who has the body of a girl but the voice of a god. John is the real hero, not ONI. Stop trying to kill chief and give the people a good ending.

Kill the Chief, it’s about time his luck ran out.

It’s already been confirmed that he won’t die in Halo 5 and will be around for a while longer. Chief is a big part of Halo, but he’s not the only part of Halo and certainly can’t live forever. There’s a lot more to the Halo universe than just one Spartan

He will live in our hearts forever. Seriously I hope they succeed in creating good main charachter after he’s gone.

I doubt the voice actor will continue for ever. He’ll want to move onto different things.

Then 343 will either have to decide to end master chief’s story or get a new voice actor. Either way they’re going to get so much flak for it. Personally I’d be happy for chief to die/retire at the end of Halo 6 or 7. I love the character but there is so much more to explore in the Halo universe.

Why do you people insist he will die? His story will end, that doesn’t mean he dies.

He will hop on his horse and ride towards the sunset with his poncho.

So… Never die? You mean Halo’s not allowed to have more than one main character who can be heroic and feature in the games? What happens when tense fights come up? We’ll neve rhave to worry about Chief dying because he’s immortal, but every other character in Halo’s canon is at risk because they don’t have the same shielding?

Come on, he’s human. Mortal. He’ll die eventually one way or another, and Halo’s rich with heroic characters that can pick up the cause where he left off. Besides, he’s not at risk yet so no worries there.

If there is one scary thing that all men and women will have to accept and face is the fact that we will all die one day, and time is a -Yoink-. You can’t fight time and you can’t escape death. Chief will die some day, that’s just the truth

Yeah Don’t think Microsoft will take to kindly to 343 killing off there Mario.

> 2533274945204461;9:
> Yeah Don’t think Microsoft will take to kindly to 343 killing off there Mario.

I don’t think they will care much to be honest as 343 is pretty much Microsoft anyway. Besides just like Star Wars Halo is full of interesting characters and could follow any one of a number of people. There is far more to Halo than just the Master Chief.

> 2535416383459646;10:
> > 2533274945204461;9:
> > Yeah Don’t think Microsoft will take to kindly to 343 killing off there Mario.
>
>
> I don’t think they will care much to be honest as 343 is pretty much Microsoft anyway. Besides just like Star Wars Halo is full of interesting characters and could follow any one of a number of people. There is far more to Halo than just the Master Chief.

Halo has a good EU that is vary much true.but you can’t kill off MC Its not right.

Microsoft wouldn’t care at all because unlike you guys they understand that halo doesn’t revolve around just the master chief its way bigger than the chief. You people are taking that trailer way too seriously. Like it or not cheifs story is ending we just don’t know how it will end whether It would be cause of death or some other means.

Spartans don’t die, they just wonder off to do a little light gardening…

Seriously though, Chief’s story/journey will end, 343i has as good as said as much. And that is a good thing, both from the perspective of the Games themselves and the EU.

If 343i will “replace” Chief with another, solo, central character or an ensamble cast is up to them and where they see the franchise going.

But I seriously doubt it would happen before Halo 7…

> 2533274886341460;13:
> If 343i will “replace” Chief with another, solo, central character or an ensamble cast is up to them and where they see the franchise going.
> But I seriously doubt it would happen before Halo 7…

Or a multitude of characters. Why center everything on one person when you can have a cast of characters be the main focus? Like right now, H5 isn’t completely revolving around John, but highlights Blue Team as a whole as well as Osiris. Halo 2 showed us that things like this can work - that other characters can star in a Halo game and it’d still flow fine.

As for these Mario comparisons, I don’t see it that way at all. Yoshi, Luigi, even Bowser and others have gotten their own games - and these guys don’t seem to age at all despite the decades going by. Halo and its characters don’t have that luxury. If the ferocity of combat doesn’t kill them, old age will. I’d rather them not start messing with Time Travel and other hoohah to keep a character alive, since things like that can introduce so many other complications.

Chief is an aging SPARTAN, but as a SPARTAN, we don’t know the life expectancy of post-augmented bodies. He’ll be around a while, they won’t kill him off until we get close to the end of the genre or around #10.

Halo should die with the master chief.

> 2533274866682248;16:
> Halo should die with the master chief.

K. Thanks for your ignorant opinion.

If Chief’s death will get rid of the people who don’t appreciate Halo outside of idolization of Chief, good riddance I say.

> 2533274812652989;18:
> If Chief’s death will get rid of the people who don’t appreciate Halo outside of idolization of Chief, good riddance I say.

The EU alone has so much to draw upon for the future of Halo, I agree with you 100%, but the way Chief does indeed die needs to have some significance. Dying in rubble like that is kinda lame, and I am fairly certain that is just an ONI lie anyways.

If chief had to die, I’d rather it be in say Halo 8 or 9. I want him around for a long time, not killed off in 6 or 7. And if he had to die, it would have to be like a Fal Chavamee death, where he takes on an entire armada of covenant (if they even still exist then) or forerunner enemies and wins, but dies in the end somehow. Then I will not cry as hard if it happens.