Chief Vs Locke

So, how about that cutscene!

When Chief and Locke go at it. Osiris is standing up top and watching. Why on God’s green Halo did none of them enter the fray to restrain him? Surely 4 S-IV’s could have stopped one S-II.

On a side note, clearly Locke doesn’t trust Osiris with the fancy toys cause they should have all had the armour disruptors so that if need be any one of them could take S-117 out.

Yeah, seemed a little odd. Or is that me just making the cutscene less amazing?

I loved it. And wasn’t the rest of Osiris waiting for a platform or something?

No, Osiris was watching the whole time. You kinda ruined Halo 5 for me, lol.

Truthly i doubt 4 Spartan-IV’s could of took on a Spartan-II. One of the major complaints with that scene is how under powered a Spartan-II was played out compared to how it should of been. The only way i could of seen them taking on Chief is if they kept trying to distract him to allow Locke to use the disruptor on him, but even then it would still be a challange.

i thought the fighting was a bit… sluggish. I mean, i wrote like a 20 page script for this drama thing i was doing the other day, and i had a lot of fighting in that so maybe i was subconsciously comparing the two but i don’t know. i mean chief is such a badass, he could’ve just tapped locke and smashed his visor. instead of vice versa. still annoyed at the lack of blue team gameplay. we should have had 15 missions of them just going ultimate bad -Yoink- on elites and rebel scum.

Definitely one of the cooler scenes in the campaign.

> 2533274808793619;4:
> Truthly i doubt 4 Spartan-IV’s could of took on a Spartan-II. One of the major complaints with that scene is how under powered a Spartan-II was played out compared to how it should of been. The only way i could of seen them taking on Chief is if they kept trying to distract him to allow Locke to use the disruptor on him, but even then it would still be a challange.

What makes you say that? There isn’t any canonical evidence stating that SIIs are gods compared to SIVs. They are augmented to similar levels and have the same armor.

> 2533274912317447;7:
> > 2533274808793619;4:
> > Truthly i doubt 4 Spartan-IV’s could of took on a Spartan-II. One of the major complaints with that scene is how under powered a Spartan-II was played out compared to how it should of been. The only way i could of seen them taking on Chief is if they kept trying to distract him to allow Locke to use the disruptor on him, but even then it would still be a challange.
>
>
> What makes you say that? There isn’t any canonical evidence stating that SIIs are gods compared to SIVs. They are augmented to similar levels and have the same armor.

They’ve never directly said that the S-IIs are better than that S-IVs, IV’s have more modern augmentations, and can survive more harsher conditions (Palmer quips that she can breath methane for an hour if necessary) but the S-II’s have really violent augmentation, it’s more extreme, i.e. the benefits outweighed the risk which is why so many of them died in the process. Not to mention a lifetime of training and discipline is impossible to recreate.

> 2533274927141670;5:
> i thought the fighting was a bit… sluggish. I mean, i wrote like a 20 page script for this drama thing i was doing the other day, and i had a lot of fighting in that so maybe i was subconsciously comparing the two but i don’t know. i mean chief is such a badass, he could’ve just tapped locke and smashed his visor. instead of vice versa. still annoyed at the lack of blue team gameplay. we should have had 15 missions of them just going ultimate bad -Yoink- on elites and rebel scum.

The thing is, is that when you’re a walking tank you’d probably rely more on strength than technique to win a fight. You see that in the first few punches that are thrown, they’re really heavy punches meant to disarm or disorient an opponent. I mean considering they’ve got thrusters, you’d imagine some really bad -Yoink- futuristic fight with the thrusters being used to make their blows faster and harder.

I agree with you completely! I was hoping that we would have seen a massive Blue vs Osiris fight. I was dying to see a Fred vs Buck with knives (both well known for having and using them)

I thought Spartan IVs are now supposed to be on par with Spartan IIs? Spartan IIIs were markedly weaker, but the Spartan IV program was supposed to fix that problem. At least that’s what I got from reading the Halo wiki. How accurate is the wiki?

> 2533274801352409;9:
> I thought Spartan IVs are now supposed to be on par with Spartan IIs? Spartan IIIs were markedly weaker, but the Spartan IV program was supposed to fix that problem. At least that’s what I got from reading the Halo wiki. How accurate is the wiki?

i think that Locke never intended to take chief in, at the beginning Halsey said that one day they will want both of them dead. so i think Lockes real mission was to bring chief to Halsey

> 2533274850424395;1:
> So, how about that cutscene!
>
>
>
> When Chief and Locke go at it. Osiris is standing up top and watching. Why on God’s green Halo did none of them enter the fray to restrain him? Surely 4 S-IV’s could have stopped one S-II.
> On a side note, clearly Locke doesn’t trust Osiris with the fancy toys cause they should have all had the armour disruptors so that if need be any one of them could take S-117 out.
>

>
>
> Yeah, seemed a little odd. Or is that me just making the cutscene less amazing?

If the rest of Locke’s team had gotten involved, so would Chief’s. Team Osiris would have been taken down. They’re good and worthy of being Spartan IV’s but Chief’s team has soooo much more experience then they do that it’s a massive gulf in capability. The biggest threat on Osiris is probably Buck, though not to sell the others short, because he’s been through a hell of a lot more.

SIV’s armor is a bit better but the Spartan II’s augments/etc are better than an SIV’s, the final say in the deal is training and experience where Blue Team trounces Osiris in spades.

Another reason is…Osiris is trying to get Chief and his team back alive, if everyone got in on it there’d be a firefight and killing, and killing anyone on either team is probably not on the top of either side’s list of -Yoink- they want to even get into unless Chief’s team were actually turncoats. Too much respect as well as knowing some or all of your team isn’t going to make it out in that kind of fight when there’s a possibility to either diffuse the situation or solve it without killing each other.

you know, Alpha v Alpha -Yoink- got real and nobody can stop it.

> 2533274863410785;12:
> > 2533274850424395;1:
> > So, how about that cutscene!
> >
> >
> >
> > When Chief and Locke go at it. Osiris is standing up top and watching. Why on God’s green Halo did none of them enter the fray to restrain him? Surely 4 S-IV’s could have stopped one S-II.
> > On a side note, clearly Locke doesn’t trust Osiris with the fancy toys cause they should have all had the armour disruptors so that if need be any one of them could take S-117 out.
> >

> >
> >
> > Yeah, seemed a little odd. Or is that me just making the cutscene less amazing?
>
>
>
>
>
> If the rest of Locke’s team had gotten involved, so would Chief’s. Team Osiris would have been taken down. They’re good and worthy of being Spartan IV’s but Chief’s team has soooo much more experience then they do that it’s a massive gulf in capability. The biggest threat on Osiris is probably Buck, though not to sell the others short, because he’s been through a hell of a lot more.
>
> SIV’s armor is a bit better but the Spartan II’s augments/etc are better than an SIV’s, the final say in the deal is training and experience where Blue Team trounces Osiris in spades.
>
> Another reason is…Osiris is trying to get Chief and his team back alive, if everyone got in on it there’d be a firefight and killing, and killing anyone on either team is probably not on the top of either side’s list of -Yoink- they want to even get into unless Chief’s team were actually turncoats. Too much respect as well as knowing some or all of your team isn’t going to make it out in that kind of fight when there’s a possibility to either diffuse the situation or solve it without killing each other.
>

That actually makes a lot of sense, except that Blue was in the Guardian and it’s never known if they’d be able to get out to help Chief should the fight have escalated.
Oh also, S-II and S-IV are using the same class of armour so that isn’t a factor…

For those arguing the Spartan II vs IV fight.

An UNARMORED II will beat the crap out of 4 UNARMORED IVs.

But the armor levels the playing field quite a bit. As to why the rest of Osiris didnt help… Buck has reservations about even doing this and it was Lockes fight. Had Locke asked for help they would have.

Think of dimishing returns. It doesn’t matter if Chief can kick their -Yoinks!- outside of armor. The armor will make the playing field level.

I was wondering why they didn’t do anything too lol

I enjoyed it i hated locke since the start to the end great that he got beaten by chief hopfully locke dies in halo 6 wouldnt mind all of osiris dying including buck. But hope that arby survives halo 6

> 2533274912317447;7:
> > 2533274808793619;4:
> > Truthly i doubt 4 Spartan-IV’s could of took on a Spartan-II. One of the major complaints with that scene is how under powered a Spartan-II was played out compared to how it should of been. The only way i could of seen them taking on Chief is if they kept trying to distract him to allow Locke to use the disruptor on him, but even then it would still be a challange.
>
>
> What makes you say that? There isn’t any canonical evidence stating that SIIs are gods compared to SIVs. They are augmented to similar levels and have the same armor.

SII’s are light years beyond the fours, the only thing that evens the playing field is the armor. The fours don’t have nearly as many augmentations or training as the II’s because they used consenting adults whose bodies had already formed.

It’s very odd.

I feel the entire fight was unnecessary. I felt as if Chief wouldn’t react in the way he did. He wouldn’t engage with Locke because it’s a waste of his time. There was no build up of tension between the two of them at all really. The fight also seemed weak considering this is 2 Spartans beating the crap out of each other.But that’s just my opinion

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

If you’re a real Halo fan whose read the original books by Bungie, you know that Spartan IV’s would get destroyed by Spartan II’s. Th only argument for anyone loving Spartan IV’s is because they think the armor is pretty and they love anything that 343 feeds them.