Chief might die but John might not

I think to many people are looking at the new trailer the wrong way. The whole point of the reclaimer saga is to show the Hero’s journey of the Chief finding his humanity, I believe that as long as he still is the Master chief he will never find his humanity, eventually he needs to let go of his military life and just become John, and for this to happen the Master chief side of him needs to die.

They could even replace him with someone else because people only regognize his armor.

That’s…actually quite interesting. People know the Master Chief as the soldier in the green armor, as THE Spartan, but not as John or his personality. If you were to simply give the armor to someone else and call them the Master Chief, people would believe you.

Great, now we’re giving ONI ideas.

What if, to preserve John, to keep the man behind the actions alive and in the fight…Locke takes his armor on a suicide mission?

So locke realizes John is truly a savior, so to buy him some time/immunity, he takes on the role of “chief” and dies in this last big mission?

Weird out there idea, I know…but whatever.

Interesting idea.

Interesting reply’s. Everyone who believes in the chief sees him as a symbol of hope, so anyone who wore the armour would also become the same symbol of hope.

> 2533274904245048;6:
> Interesting reply’s. Everyone who believes in the chief sees him as a symbol of hope, so anyone who wore the armour would also become the same symbol of hope.

Just like the Batman.

> 2533274791984947;4:
> What if, to preserve John, to keep the man behind the actions alive and in the fight…Locke takes his armor on a suicide mission?
>
> So locke realizes John is truly a savior, so to buy him some time/immunity, he takes on the role of “chief” and dies in this last big mission?
>
> Weird out there idea, I know…but whatever.

like that one Spartan did for Lock in night fall

> 2533274791984947;4:
> What if, to preserve John, to keep the man behind the actions alive and in the fight…Locke takes his armor on a suicide mission?
>
> So locke realizes John is truly a savior, so to buy him some time/immunity, he takes on the role of “chief” and dies in this last big mission?
>
> Weird out there idea, I know…but whatever.

It’s not that weird, honestly. I’ve thought for a while that there was a possibility Locke would sacrifice himself to help Blue Team in the endgame as well. We’ll have to wait until October to find out for sure!!