Chief in Fortnite: Opinion

Here me out!!!

Look, you all know as much as I do Fortnite is not anywhere Halo should approach. I get it. But listen carefully.

Opinion: Halo in a Battle Royale is BETTER than a Battle Royale in Halo.

If, for some reason, Master Chief manages to get in Fortnite, it is far better than if 343 were to make a Battle Royale and I see this as a FANTASTIC compromise. If 343 would like to see Master Chief in Fortnite, I absolutely will be 100% behind this IF they DON’T make a Battle Royale for Halo.

I always say it on this forum, 343 Industries should NOT make a Battle Royale and focus their attention on the game’s campaign and standard multiplayer. But make it easy and possible for players to make a Battle Royale in Forge. This will satisfy ALL parties. This allows MANY Battle Royale maps the community itself made and let’s 343 handle the more important game modes like CTF; Slayer; and a bigger, better Warzone.

I won’t mind if 343 waits maybe about a year after launch and picks the community’s top 3 maps under a Battle Royale tag and uses those maps to make an “official” Battle Royale Mode. This way, 343 only has to focus on the rules. Not designing a map for a mode a majority of us don’t want.

I can guarantee if Halo or Xbox uploads a video to YouTube about Halo getting a Battle Royale, it WILL be ratioed AT LEAST 2:1. Maybe 3:1.

If 343 wants Master Chief in Fortnite, I say go for it. I love the idea! I encourage it! I want him in Fortnite so bad it’s not even funny. As long as Halo doesn’t have a Battle Royale (At least not a 343 made Battle Royale) I think I will be able to forgive the other mistakes like the loss of colors.

Side Note: Pretty sure this is technically my first “rant” on the forums. I am sorry. But felt my opinion is shared by more people than 343 realizes.

> 2535432806702036;1:
> Here me out!!!
>
> Look, you all know as much as I do Fortnite is not anywhere Halo should approach. I get it. But listen carefully.
>
> Opinion: Halo in a Battle Royale is BETTER than a Battle Royale in Halo.
>
> If, for some reason, Master Chief manages to get in Fortnite, it is far better than if 343 were to make a Battle Royale and I see this as a FANTASTIC compromise. If 343 would like to see Master Chief in Fortnite, I absolutely will be 100% behind this IF they DON’T make a Battle Royale for Halo.
>
> I always say it on this forum, 343 Industries should NOT make a Battle Royale and focus their attention on the game’s campaign and standard multiplayer. But make it easy and possible for players to make a Battle Royale in Forge. This will satisfy ALL parties. This allows MANY Battle Royale maps the community itself made and let’s 343 handle the more important game modes like CTF; Slayer; and a bigger, better Warzone.
>
> I won’t mind if 343 waits maybe about a year after launch and picks the community’s top 3 maps under a Battle Royale tag and uses those maps to make an “official” Battle Royale Mode. This way, 343 only has to focus on the rules. Not designing a map for a mode a majority of us don’t want.
>
> I can guarantee if Halo or Xbox uploads a video to YouTube about Halo getting a Battle Royale, it WILL be ratioed AT LEAST 2:1. Maybe 3:1.
>
> If 343 wants Master Chief in Fortnite, I say go for it. I love the idea! I encourage it! I want him in Fortnite so bad it’s not even funny. As long as Halo doesn’t have a Battle Royale (At least not a 343 made Battle Royale) I think I will be able to forgive the other mistakes like the loss of colors.
>
> Side Note: Pretty sure this is technically my first “rant” on the forums. I am sorry. But felt my opinion is shared by more people than 343 realizes.

I just took the chief skin as a skin and that alone. I don’t think there’s any signalling that it means there will be a Battle Royale in Infinite - those rumours have been shot down multiple times, even just last week Sketch shut more of those rumours down.

I think Chief in Fortnite is a way of getting promo out there for Halo. I see it as a marketing approach, nothing more.

I’m sure 343 is going to add a battle royale at some point in the game’s lifespan, but I feel like it’s a good thing that they’re (probably) not going to have one at launch. I’d hate for a BR to lure part of the game’s population away from the Halo multiplayer everyone knows and loves right off the bat.

I don’t think Halo should have a Battle Royal mode either, it would be a bit too untraditional for my liking. And while I’m not a fan of Fortnite, I think John being added to the game is actually a good thing, both marketing wise and as a compromise for fans who want a Spartan Super Soldier in a battle royal. Since Fortnite has a massive fanbase, it could potentially help Halo regain some of the spotlight it once had. Halo use to be so massively acclaimed that it was synonymously associated with the Xbox console, nowadays I’ve met Xbox players who don’t even know what Halo is (believe me, they’re out there).

I agree Chief in Fortnite is good. I don’t play the game but think it’s genius marketing and honestly it’s just a fun idea. I love cameos like that depending on the game and Fortnite is the perfect BR to put a Chief skin in out of all of the them.

Having no Halo BR I disagree with but I won’t go in to why because this thread is about the Fortnite skin.

I’m mixed but I think it’s cool to help promote Halo and give the fans of both Fortnite and Fortnite the best of both worlds.

> 2535415958311278;6:
> I’m mixed but I think it’s cool to help promote Halo and give the fans of both Fortnite and Fortnite the best of both worlds.

And it may bring enthusiastic Fortnite fans to Halo…

I think the skin looks great, and is great promotional content. I think we should expect a BR in Halo Infinite and be relieved/disappointed if it’s not added (you choose to be relieved or disappointed). If you don’t like battle royale for Halo, then don’t play that mode. If they don’t include a BR mode, is Halo Infinite really for everyone like they say it should be?

This isn’t the first Halo thing to appear in other games, and undoubtedly it will be the last. People are only up in arms about it because it is Fortnite. While more exposure is great for the franchise, if anyone refers to the Chief as “that green guy from Fortnite”, they have just volunteered themselves for a 3 hour lecture on Halo’s history.

> 2533274809226598;9:
> This isn’t the first Halo thing to appear in other games, and undoubtedly it will be the last. People are only up in arms about it because it is Fortnite. While more exposure is great for the franchise, if anyone refers to the Chief as “that green guy from Fortnite”, they have just volunteered themselves for a 3 hour lecture on Halo’s history.

HA! True that.

By the way…
and undoubtedly it will not* be the last.

Nothing like some shameless cross promotion! I have no problem with it. In fact, I think it’s a great idea. It will get a new generation of games interested in halo especially it being free to play.

This is an incredibly horrible move as Fortnite is already such a horrid and boring game, and it’s only going to ruin both series even further.

I absolutely hate Fortnite but I do not mind Master Chief being a skin in that game. It is a great way to promote Halo. I’m still not playing Fortnite unless they add the breaking shield effect from Halo to the Master Chief skin.

> 2535412187252726;12:
> This is an incredibly horrible move as Fortnite is already such a horrid and boring game, and it’s only going to ruin both series even further.

Like I said, Halo in a Battle Royale is better than a Battle Royale in Halo.

> 2535412187252726;12:
> This is an incredibly horrible move as Fortnite is already such a horrid and boring game, and it’s only going to ruin both series even further.

But… I mean. It isn’t horrible for 70 mil people who play it daily. You don’t have to like it, but I’d say if there is a Collab moment for 343 to reach a fan base of 70 mil through a skin. I’d say go for it. Plus, just imagine. You can use your rage on Fortnite to eliminate all the fortnite squeekers that switch to Halo. :smiley:

This is only a win for Halo and is basic marketing. I’m all for it.

I personally very much dislike Fortnite, but tbh I don’t really care too much that they’ve added Chief as a skin, as long as no Fortnite or BR stuff in general comes anywhere near Halo at all, other then that Chief skin.

> 2535412187252726;12:
> This is an incredibly horrible move as Fortnite is already such a horrid and boring game, and it’s only going to ruin both series even further.

Millions of people enjoy it just fine. Kinda sounds like a lot of people hate it because it’s trendy.

Alot of Halo players say that they first played CE or 3 when they were kids but don’t want the kids who play Fortnite to play Halo and appreciate it and fall in love with it like literally all of us did whenever we played Halo. Let’s give them a chance to find out about the beautiful universe of Halo and the story. This is why Chief being in Fortnite is okay to me since if it helps those kids to come play Halo and fall in love with it like I did. Then I am completely fine and welcome themAlso I need someone to -Yoink!- since everyone is better than me.

Think about it… putting a Chief skin in Fortnite would draw more fans to the series. If Infinite has BR, these fans may well move from Fortnite to Infinite. Then, Fortnite would lose a big chunk of its player base and lose its popularity. It’s a master plan, really… evil laugh

> 2533274812652989;17:
> > 2535412187252726;12:
> > This is an incredibly horrible move as Fortnite is already such a horrid and boring game, and it’s only going to ruin both series even further.
>
> Millions of people enjoy it just fine. Kinda sounds like a lot of people hate it because it’s trendy.

Indirectly true. Because it’s trendy, you hear about nothing else for a couple of years. Then, it dies down a bit, losing regular fans and retaining the toxic sweats and tryhards. It then gains more popularity and becomes a game mostly full of other toxic sweats and tryhards. That is why I hate Fortnite.