Chief boss battle

If you remember the previous threads I have made regarding this topic, I apologize for my extreme and annoying persistence, but I feel I want more people to talk about it since my previous threads received very few replies.

What if you had to fight an extremely hard boss battle as Locke against the Chief where Locke still looses in a cutscene, DMC4 style just to be on the receiving side of the Chief’s legendary prowess?

Would be kinda cool but only if the Chief’s AI was good. Otherwise it would just end up as a disservice to the chief.

> 2533274847074241;2:
> Would be kinda cool but only if the Chief’s AI was good. Otherwise it would just end up as a disservice to the chief.

Basically it will border on “the computer is a cheating -Yoink-” and give Chief a unique move list such as CQC takedowns, firing while combat rolling and tougher shields.

Anyone who knows how hard the Dante boss fight was in DMC4 probably knows what I am aiming for.

I LOVE that idea! An impossible to beat chief after you catch up to him and his team as the final mission!

Blue team vs locke, similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtpn6dCmWKI

Similar to the enevitble death in reach? Yeah why not

> 2535410901623492;6:
> Similar to the enevitble death in reach? Yeah why not

Actually I am thinking of a mid-game boss battle just to put Locke in his place before we take control of Chief again.

Enh, then reaches ending is more resonating. Playing through your final battle waiting for death is a far more harrowing inclusion

> 2535410901623492;8:
> Enh, then reaches ending is more resonating. Playing through your final battle waiting for death is a far more harrowing inclusion

Keep in mind that in gameplay, Chief is still beatable, if still very hard. It is just that he still defeats Locke in a cutscene after the boss battle is beaten.

And I am unsure if I want Chief to kill Locke.

Would be great!! Awesome idea

This is a pretty sweet idea, actually.

If it helps push the story along, I’m all for it.

I guess I wouldn’t mind. It’s been ages since Halo has had anything close to resembling a satisfying boss fight. It’s a little weird to fight a character I’ve played as for more than a decade, but it could be done well if it was made challenging and interesting. I think he should make use of all the Spartan abilities and easily assassinate players if they get too close. Honestly, I think John-117 is stronger and more experience than Locke, so it should be apparent in the gameplay.

Maybe beating or losing to Chief is optional, as both continue the story, albeit with a slightly different resulting cutscene. It’s sort of similar to how collecting the audio logs altered the Rookie’s confrontation of Vergil/Quick to Adjust. I’d also like to see the option to alter the mission so that you play as Chief and fight Locke instead.

that would be kinda cool