Chief and his new armor

I’ve seen Master Chief’s new armor, and I love it. I’m just confused as to how he got it. He wakes up from cryo-sleep with it on. Plus, the close up I’ve seen still has the armor scar on the chest plate from halo three. Hopefully 343 gives us some kind of cool reason as to why it changed. What do you think?

Sorry I couldn’t provide the picture. I have no idea how to do keyboard shortcuts.

That was just a trailer to get people hyped for the game and to show some things that will be in it. The game will not begin that way and there will be an explanation as to how he gets it.

I hope they give us an explanation as to why he didn’t get a codpiece.

that’s good:)

I hate it…well I hate the image that xbox.com is using. Hopefully it doesn’t actually look like that

> I hate it…

Yay! I’m finally not alone. xP

I don’t think his armor is different (well it might I don’t pay attention to that stuff)

I’m more used to his Halo 3 look, maybe a few upgrades but I don’t want him to look too different than he did before.

> I hope they give us an explanation as to why he didn’t get a codpiece.

At the Halo Universe Panel at Comic Con, Frankie stated that he did in fact have a cod piece but it was black, but much more advanced and comfortable I guess. I’m just taking his word for it.

Did anyone notice the HUD change from Halo 2 to Halo 3? that was never explained…so if there is a slight difference from 3 to 4…we might just have to accept it…but only if its a very minor change!!!

on xbox.com he kinda looks like the chief from halo legends

To be honest it doesnt even look like new armor…besides the jetpack…it just looks like they made it look slightly different because of the new graphics engine…

> To be honest it doesnt even look like new armor…besides the jetpack…it just looks like they made it look slightly different because of the new graphics engine…

It’s a thruster.

halo 4 gives me the feeling of a new halo 2 and i know every bit of it will be EPIC!!! and 343 make sure to make theater mode more then 1 player unlike reach! i have faith!

I heard that Cortana was fixing it while he was in cryo sleep, not sure though.

I don’t really care - you don’t see your armor during gameplay, so what does it matter really? I know… continuity and all that jazz… but really… what does it matter?

Frankie said that the supposed jetpacks, were in fact not jetpacks. It was apparently a jump jet system, long before built into his armor.

wish he was able to use it before :stuck_out_tongue:

Quite honestly, I think the Chief looks awesome in his new armor (minus the cod piece mystery). I liked his look in Halo Legends and am extremely happy to see him in a similar appearance.

Frankie confirmed the game doesn’t start like that, just like with Halo 2, 3, ODST, and Reach’s first trailers. He also confirmed that his new armor will be explained in the story. My guess? Something forerunner, like Sentinels, made some upgrades after he landed on/in the “planet”