Checkpoints not saving in Campaign?

I have noticed twice now on different Chapters of Halo 2 I stop and save my game when I load back up Im at the beginning of the map. I know that I have hit 3 or more checkpoints before stopping and saving. This is annoying when playing on Legendary. Anybody had this problem?

Same. Several checkpoints in on the third chapter in halo 2. Come back later and it starts at the beginning. Very frustrating. 343 is just pathetic.

A ‘Game Save’ problem discussion was started earlier in this thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/campaign-doesn-t-save/8c2080f4-7427-4344-bc29-098b7c5d41b4/posts

I have been playing Halo CEA and have not encountered a game save problem yet, so perhaps this is isolated to Halo 2.

> 2797325125701914;3:
> A ‘Game Save’ problem discussion was started earlier in this thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/campaign-doesn-t-save/8c2080f4-7427-4344-bc29-098b7c5d41b4/posts
>
> I have been playing Halo CEA and have not encountered a game save problem yet, so perhaps this is isolated to Halo 2.

Ok thank you Middy for letting me know

Yeah I ran into this problem numerous times. I was on the “Gravemind” mission in Halo 2, had to start all over again.

I have the same problem. I had no issue with the Halo campaign, but I just started running into it on the Halo 2 campaign.

Same. Except when I save and quit and then return I am at the beginning of the level again.

Playing Halo2 third mission on legendary after about 2 hours get to the ponit you have to race through the tunnel to get to the bridge and decide to call it a night and save my progress. Wake up today and go to resume play, start at very beginning. This is a major flaw and huge pain in the -Yoink-, -Yoink- whoever did this.

Has 343 mentioned a patch release date for this issue yet? I’m hesitant to continue playing the Halo 2 campaign until it’s fixed.

> 2533274799527660;1:
> I have noticed twice now on different Chapters of Halo 2 I stop and save my game when I load back up Im at the beginning of the map. I know that I have hit 3 or more checkpoints before stopping and saving. This is annoying when playing on Legendary. Anybody had this problem?

This is exactly what’s happening to me. Couple this with game lockups and it is making finishing H2:Anniversary a real chore. I’m getting real tired of paying $60 for games that are just not ready to launch. This seems like the type of bug that should have been caught early on.

> 2533274799527660;1:
> I have noticed twice now on different Chapters of Halo 2 I stop and save my game when I load back up Im at the beginning of the map. I know that I have hit 3 or more checkpoints before stopping and saving. This is annoying when playing on Legendary. Anybody had this problem?

Yes. It is just a glitch that needs to be fixed, or you’re going to have to complete the mission in one go.

Glad to see I’m not the only one running into this issue. I haven’t seen 343i address this specific issue in their updates, but hopefully it will be one of the items fixed in Wednesday’s patch.

Seems isolated to halo 2…halo 3 worked fine for me ( tho I did finish it in one session)

I’ve been having the same issue, but then yesterday I had a similar but different experience. Two days ago, I began the Arbiter level “Uprising” on Legendary difficulty and I decided to Save and Quit at that part with the waterfall, two Wraiths, and numerous Brutes. Yesterday, my game loaded up surprisingly well. It was at the correct checkpoint and I had retained my weapons from my previous session. Excellent! So I finished up the level, watched the cutscene, went on and finished the next level, “High Charity”, and then finished off the entire Campaign. A single sitting, beginning with my checkpoint in “Uprising”. Funny enough, when I finished the Campaign, no Achievement popped for me finishing off the Halo 2 Campaign. No completion, much less Legendary completion. So I ran through all my statistics in-game and found that the I had gotten no Achievement for finishing “Uprising”. Then I looked at my stats here on Waypoint and, sure enough, I supposedly did not finish “Uprising”. So I went back to Halo 2 Level Select in the Main Menu and, curiously enough, I found that the game did indeed track my Legendary completion of this level.

The only place the game seems to be aware of my completion is in the Level Select menu, though. I’ve got no Achievements, Avatars, or Nameplates for finishing the Halo 2 Campaign or “Uprising” itself. I’m likely going to have to replay the level on Legendary. Does anybody have a good suggestion for working around this problem? Should I try running the level on Easy first to see if it actually registers my Legendary completion this time?

I am all so experienceing the same problem with my saves. Play a level beat it come back to see nothing save but achievments have been awarded , all so when I load a termanil it will boot me from the level and will not resume.

No problems with the terminals but am having issues with Halo 2 saves. Halo 1 seems to work fine so far.

Old issue but can confirm that Halo Reach does it in 2020