Checkpoint reset by patch

I’ve been playing the Halo: CE campaign on Legendary with no problems until this patch today. After downloading the patch I tried to play some multiplayer and ran into the same issues everyone is talking about. I got stuck on the carnage report after a match and was forced to quit the game and restart. I was then unable to play another match because of the endless “downloading latest matchmaking data” screen so I decided to continue my CE campaign. But to my dismay it started me at the beginning of the level I was on instead of the checkpoint I saved at close to the end of the level. My checkpoints have been saving just fine until today, after the patch. As upset as I am that I have to redo the entire level (and die another 50+ times in the process), I’m more afraid that it won’t save my progress again. I don’t even want to play this game anymore. What a mess of a launch.

I think it just starts you at the beginning of the level the first time, did that to me.

The patch reset my checkpoint to :frowning:

Patch reset my level progress too on Halo:CE. REALLY annoyed by this, as I’m soloing on legendary and it took me two hours to get to where I was. I literally loaded up, saw my checkpoint was reset, and turned the game off again. I just tried multiplayer and still cant join a game.

What the hell has happened to this game???

I spent about 8hrs on The Truth and Reconciliation level, on legendary, died 200+ time, just broke the captain out of his holding cell… and now i have to start the level all over again.

I will be taking a break from this for a while.

Dear Bungie,

We Miss You!

> 2533274845503195;5:
> I spent about 8hrs on The Truth and Reconciliation level, on legendary, died 200+ time, just broke the captain out of his holding cell… and now i have to start the level all over again.
>
> I will be taking a break from this for a while.
>
> Dear Bungie,
>
> We Miss You!

That’s EXACTLY where I was, with similar death results… ugh…

Save/Quit being broken (never saving checkpoints) is commonly warding me away from playing this game…needs to be fixed ASAP

You have to press the View button (graphics engine toggle) every time you load from quit and save in Halo 2 and Halo CE to get rid of the black screen.

yeah, i have been frustrated with that as well so i just started making sure i complete an entire level before i quit. If you want to get all the achievements you will need to play through the campaigns multiple times anyway, so maybe bump the difficulty down to Normal to play through and get the story (again) and find the terminals etc. Then when they get this fixed, go back and grind it out on legendary.

Checkpoints aren’t working for me either.

Cool! The Master Chief meets Dark Souls!

Jokes apart I’m very pissed with this too. It ruins the experience in Legendary.
I only played Halo 3 (and Reach) before. So I’m playing the whole campaign in Normal to watch the story.
But in normal this is not an issue unless you suck too much :slight_smile:

So after this latest patch went through, my campaign checkpoint got reset AGAIN. This is absolutely ridiculous. Playing this campaign on legendary solo is no easy task and I don’t have all the time in the world to keep playing until I beat an entire level. As long as patches continue to be released, my campaign progress will continue to be reset? This game is BROKEN and I for one want my money back.