CHEATING IN ZOMBIES MATCHMAKING PLAYLIST

Is there anything 343 industries can do to put certain “cheat areas” out of bounds on such maps like asylum in the zombies playlist? There are three areas on the map that, it seems that there is always at least one player who gets into these areas, creating a really unfair advantage. The suggestion i have is to totally put these areas out of bounds. If you cant be on the actual map playing like everyone else, you should not be playing at all.

Oh yeah, i had players doing that, including myself. The best area is Boardwalk. Thats one area i think should be blocked, and on top of the tower in Asylum.

You could always tell them which spots you are referring to so they can get fixed when they start doing Reach updates again.

I don’t mind it too much. Players who do that often get few kills, the worst one I think is reflection. Just standing in that globe with a pistol, its rather frustrating.

> You could always tell them which spots you are referring to so they can get fixed when they start doing Reach updates again.

I’ll probably post it in File Share. its deeply hilarious b/c i always wonder how the hell did they get over there.

its very annoying that they have to cheat to play in the playlist it always annoys me that people cant play the game properly

Its not cheating, its skillful manipulation of the map boundaries LOL.

They could add soft kill boundaries to the worst spots, but that’s only a bandaid fix. I think some maps may actually have too many exploit spots to softkill.

The proper solution would be to drop the playlist to 2 local max, and replace the entire map selection with balanced built-from-scratch community maps. Doubt that’ll ever happen, though, because Reach will die the day Halo 4 launches.

> Its not cheating, its skillful manipulation of the map boundaries LOL.

It’s map abuse and it’s tantamount to griefing. :expressionless:

> They could add soft kill boundaries to the worst spots, but that’s only a bandaid fix. I think some maps may actually have too many exploit spots to softkill.
>
> The proper solution would be to drop the playlist to 2 local max, and replace the entire map selection with balanced built-from-scratch community maps. Doubt that’ll ever happen, though, because Reach will die the day Halo 4 launches.
>
>
>
> > Its not cheating, its skillful manipulation of the map boundaries LOL.
>
> It’s map abuse and it’s tantamount to griefing. :expressionless:

Thing is, those spots are generally isolated, so if they are the last man standing simply let them sit there. After all the games I have played of LD, that has never bothered me at all. In fact after making several attempts to reach those spots I have come to the conclusion that it takes an incredible amount of precision to achieve. So I say if they can get up there, more power to them, but they wont be slaughtering me.

It’s called being good at Halo Parkour, if you’re not good at it, that’s too bad.

> It’s called being good at Halo Parkour, if you’re not good at it, that’s too bad.

you mean going on to a map in a custom game and keep trying until you’ve done it then take that “skill” to MM.

I always see this on boardwalk, like guys crouching outside the barriers near the cafe and guys jumping up above the tower where the shotgun is. Not sure why people waste their lives and get soft-killed trying to get to them, just leave the guy up there and don’t let him get kills from it, ya know?

> You could always tell them which spots you are referring to so they can get fixed when they start doing Reach updates again.

The spots that are being exploited have been exploitable and complained about since Reach’s launch.

If they haven’t been patched by now they won’t be. Not with H4 coming out in less than a month and with Reach’s actual death.

Just don’t those maps .And vote for the updated version, instead of the old one. E.G
Vote deadwalk over boardwalk etc.