Cheating in halo Reach

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

For all you ppl out there that are in denial about cheating on Reach please watch this youtube video. Take a close look he is using a DMR has rapid fire and its giving him sniper kills.
Linking to video footage of game mods is a bad idea.

Now do you believe Aimbot exists

No one claims that aimbots don’t exist.

It doesn’t change the fact that they are extremely rare. Like 1 in a million games rare.

Stop claiming it’s a massive problem because it simply isn’t true.

Lol this is the 3rd hacker i have seen in halo.

> Lol this is the 3rd hacker i have seen in halo.

Well thats 3 times too many.

I’ve seen more threads of you complaining of hackers than actual hackers.

And this is why I don’t play MLG too many Competitive people that worry about K/D ratios and don’t play reach for the fun that can be had in it

> And this is why I don’t play MLG too many Competitive people that worry about K/D ratios and don’t play reach for the fun that can be had in it

wut

so because players enjoy the MLG playlist they are not having fun? what kind of concept is this? I’m pretty sure they are having fun playing in a hyper competitive playlist if that is their thing.

To say your definition of fun in halo is what everyone else should have is just silly. Some of us only have fun when put to the test. I’m not talking about stat padders and cheating losers but those that just love raw competition.

> > And this is why I don’t play MLG too many Competitive people that worry about K/D ratios and don’t play reach for the fun that can be had in it
>
> wut
>
> so because players enjoy the MLG playlist they are not having fun? what kind of concept is this? I’m pretty sure they are having fun playing in a hyper competitive playlist if that is their thing.
>
> To say your definition of fun in halo is what everyone else should have is just silly. Some of us only have fun when put to the test. I’m not talking about stat padders and cheating losers but those that just low raw competition.

ive played MLG and to me its just a restricted way of playing Halo 3. theres no bloom, no armor abilities, and the melee is weird sometimes. all anyone has to do in that playlist is have a decent aim and spam the trigger for the DMR and hog all the power weapons. its -Yoinking!- boring.

To back up the OP’s point, here are another video of a BUNGIE employee cheating:

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach/Reaper 77770/fileshare#!/?section=Film&MapId=&GameMode=0&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&tags=&start

The link messed up, but you can type the address in. I’ll put some cheating videos on my fileshare as well, so you can check out my fileshare too.

> theres no bloom, no armor abilities, and the melee is weird sometimes. all anyone has to do in that playlist is have a decent aim and spam the trigger for the DMR and hog all the power weapons. its -Yoinking!- boring.

I imagine you’d hate highly competitively Halo CE, 2 and 3 because you’d be constantly losing because you don’t play the game optimally.

Any decent player can fare equally well against equal competition in the MLG playlist as the regular playlists, the big problem is the lack of skill and team matching which means you could match 7 randoms one game then a team of four pros the next game.

Reach’s uncompetitive mechanics combined with the lack of skill and team filtering destroyed the MLG Halo Reach playlist.

> To back up the OP’s point, here are another video of a BUNGIE employee cheating:
>
> http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach/Reaper 77770/fileshare#!/?section=Film&MapId=&GameMode=0&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&tags=&start

How do you know they’re a Bungie employee? The Bungie Nameplate and Eternal Armor Effect (blue flames) were made available to everyone shortly before Bungie gave up control of the game and franchise.

> ive played MLG and to me its just a restricted way of playing Halo 3. theres no bloom, no armor abilities, and the melee is weird sometimes. all anyone has to do in that playlist is have a decent aim and spam the trigger for the DMR and hog all the power weapons. its -Yoinking!- boring.

so your definition of boring is = “I get beat because I don’t understand it so I don’t like it”.

mkay.

> How do you know they’re a Bungie employee?

The video was made on 3/27/11, long before Bungie gave out the blue flames and nameplate. Also, he had the haunted helmet when at the time of the video, he was a legend. It is a possibility that he hacked to get the helmet, nameplate, and armor effect. I have the video on my fileshare now. It’s called “watch this!!!”

Here’s a link to the video an my file share. Hopefully it works this time.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach/AJ%20133/fileshare#!/?section=Film&MapId=&GameMode=0&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&tags=&startIndex=0&details=26996218

> > How do you know they’re a Bungie employee?
>
> The video was made on 3/27/11, long before Bungie gave out the blue flames and nameplate. Also, he had the haunted helmet when at the time of the video, he was a legend. <mark>It is a possibility that he hacked to get the helmet, nameplate, and armor effect.</mark> I have the video on my fileshare now. It’s called “watch this!!!”

Bungie employees don’t mod in their own game. I’m not aware of anything that would cause the Bungie unlocks to be saved differently than the normal unlocks, so that easily could’ve been a modder.

BTW the links break because the “auto-link” feature on the boards chokes on the “!” in the URL. Just do something like foo.

In any case, that should answer your concerns, the OP’s comments were against the rules, and the remaining discussion is off-topic, so I think this thread merits a lock. :\