CHEATERS, when will something significant be done

my personal gripe is cheaters. The game is riddled with them. I’ve had a few occasions where even during game, I could see people standing and staring at wall’s (Wall cheats). Some people seem to know exactly where you are when they are not in range of radar and even in modes with no radar. They run into the room like they have a GPS to your -Yoink!- cheeks. You can tell when they peak or do what I said above like they already knew exactly where you are. I go into theatre and turn on outlines through wall’s and go to their perspective and they are cheating. Also the report method is like a mini assignment. Edit: I have also had moments where I wasn’t even peaking but every time I go to the edge of one side of the door way, someone fires shots in. I did not peak. there was no sensor dart and I wasn’t marked.

We need an in game report system that also links to the players recent theatre games for example

1 Like

It would be nice and convenient for those who run into them. The one cheater I’m aware I’ve played, I ended up recording a video of them botting and uploaded it to youtube, then I sent them a support ticket with that video’s address linked. That’s the best I could do unfortunately.

I’m not sure if there’s a better way to report though in game and provide actually evidence of their wrong doing though, which will obvious have better chances of something actually being done about it. Unless they’re being obvious, companies can’t just ban people on speculation. Evidence is a much better way to go about things to ensure they’re getting rid of the actual problem and not just people who might be cheating, or might just be good players.

1 Like

I just go into theatre and put outlines through walls on and clip them looking at people through walls. For example I was up a level and on the other side of the building. This guy was in the very bottom indoor area on the Live Fire map. He stopped and looked directly at me and followed me with his reticule until I jumped down to the grassy area. It was blatant

Not to detracted at the possibilities. But if you’re close enough to appear on the motion tracker and know the map design well, I can track people through walls as well. To an extent, with good surround sound I can track people through walls relatively reliably as well. I do that often in game modes were motion track is disabled.

Now, if they can track people well past the motions trackers range, then it’s definitely more note worthy and possible that they’re cheating.

1 Like

I wasn’t. I was up a level and on the other side of the centre of the map on Live Fire. When I say directly, he looked directly and followed me with the reticule until I jumped down to the grassy area. You can turn on a setting in theatre to see players through walls. It’s probably very easy to make this cheat as all you have to do is enable this feature by default in live games

Also as I said above. I experienced this recently. There was no sensor dart, I wasn’t marked as nobody else had seen me. I didn’t peak. I was just walking forward and back behind the left wall near the door inside (On the Live fire map again). I wasn’t peaking. Every time I got close to the door, shots would come in

The best is when they try to shoot you through the wall as they’re following you. I’ve seen that a few times.

2 Likes

The fact that it is so easy to find others that have had blatant experience of cheaters is sad. It’s that easy to get cheats for this game and also get away with it

It’s irritating to be cheated out of the W. Going into games knowing that there may be people on the other team that have a big advantage . With wall cheats, not only can you plan how you are going to tackle an encounter and get the jump on people, you can actively avoid a player with a power weapon for example. It’s disgusting

1 Like

For me, I know for sure it’s a cheater when I stick a plasma grenade on them, and it goes off to no effect, plus I’m shooting them, and they still run up to me and kill me and I think Bugger, another match with cheaters. There needs to be a method to quit the match because of cheaters. It doesn’t happen a lot, but it does happen enough to make playing a bad experience.

1 Like

That might just be the desync

1 Like

whats the ban length? 24hr first off, 48hr 2nd, 5days third one? Chances of getting caught low i assume. I remember this happening quite a bit in halo 2 back in the day. 16yrs later absolute zero improvement.

Implement tools to detect mods, perm ban their account after first offense. Need to increase punishment greatly.

1 Like

While I’m not a big fan of bans for people who quit matches, I think that people who actually cheat in the game should be permanently banned across all accounts.

2 Likes

Hardware ban.

I want hardware bans.

3 Likes

I have not experienced any cheating. Tho I’ve also never gone into theater mode to investigate odd happenings. I’ll probably continue to not do that.

Anyway, submit tickets and probably, idk blast em publicly on social media. That’s what the kids do these days, isn’t it?

2 Likes

From what I’ve read about them, they’re quite effective in their intended purpose (punishment, not deterrent). I’m not sure why they’re not issued more often.

I’ve got a few theories, but nothing more than speculation.

3 Likes

I’ve seen a few instances where people are using that “Cronus Zen” thingy. I’m not sure what all it entails but I know that no one can shoot that fast and aim properly. Maybe on an elite controller?.. but still I doubt it. PC though has so many aimbots and everything else it’s rediculous. Hence why I want the option of no cross play. All the high onyx players nowadays can see through walls.

1 Like

It took 343i 6 months to plan that something needs to be done.
Then they decided to make their own anti cheat.
If there prior products are anything to go by, their own anti cheat will likely be just as faulty.

1 Like

That’s probably what is known as Dsync as the person below you stated. I’ve had direct hit rockets not register as kills before.

I’ve never heard of cheats that can negate damage that I’m aware of as well. Unless it’s an exploitable glitch in the game causing the problem.

1 Like

Maybe they have a cheat that makes the game think that they have an overshield all the time