Cheater?

So i think i might have a recording of someone cheating in my Theater mode. It was after a warzone game i noticed one guy on my team had 51 kills. I was like ok cool. I’m going to go in theater mode and see if i can learn a thing or two from this guy. What i found was him obviously shooting completely over and around people yet the game was killing them like he was pulling off perfect head shots. Is this cheating? Is this just a lag in theater mode?(which ive never heard of but have seen how bad the Halo 4 kill cams lagged) I really feel like this guy was up to something because ive neer seen theater mode lag and make it seem like someone was completely missing when they are pulling off head shots and i’ve never seen anyone get more that around 40 kills. This was on battle of noctus and it was a very short game. The guys i saw get 40 kills did so in VERY long warzone matches. What do you guys think?

That’s theater mode, it gives a server perspective so everyone’s shots are off - even your own. The only thing you can tell is the wider shots the more lag the person had, but there will be a fairly noticeable spread for everyone. This is one of the main complaints about spectator mode as well, especially for the tournament since you can’t really see what people are seeing/doing precisely.

Ok thanks for the info. I’ll know not to report anyone for seeming suspicious in this thing. What a joke man. Theater mode is supposed to be where you can go back and review and PROVE stuff. But apparently not. Man…;/

Yea once i watched other players i noticed they had this lag effect to but not as much as the dude i noticed. Might mean something, might mean nothing, I guess ill never know there 343

> 2535411242468537;3:
> Ok thanks for the info. I’ll know not to report anyone for seeming suspicious in this thing. What a joke man. Theater mode is supposed to be where you can go back and review and PROVE stuff. But apparently not. Man…;/

The issue is that you can’t really tell from it.
Like he said, it’s the server’s perspective.
Always different.

> 2535411242468537;4:
> Yea once i watched other players i noticed they had this lag effect to but not as much as the dude i noticed. Might mean something, might mean nothing, I guess ill never know there 343

Likely just that that person was near max latency. It is possible this also made hit registration on him difficult which would have made him harder to kill, but it doesn’t generally make such a huge difference as to skew kills as badly as host advantage in past Halos. Likely he had some legit skills or a lot of luck too. :slight_smile:

> 2533274792110988;6:
> > 2535411242468537;4:
> > Yea once i watched other players i noticed they had this lag effect to but not as much as the dude i noticed. Might mean something, might mean nothing, I guess ill never know there 343
>
>
> Likely just that that person was near max latency. It is possible this also made hit registration on him difficult which would have made him harder to kill, but it doesn’t generally make such a huge difference as to skew kills as badly as host advantage in past Halos. Likely he had some legit skills or a lot of luck too. :slight_smile:

He definitely wasnt a bad player. But still, never seen anyone stack that many kills in such a short warzone game. He was even on the loosing team and racked up 51.

> 2535411242468537;1:
> So i think i might have a recording of someone cheating in my Theater mode. It was after a warzone game i noticed one guy on my team had 51 kills. I was like ok cool. I’m going to go in theater mode and see if i can learn a thing or two from this guy. What i found was him obviously shooting completely over and around people yet the game was killing them like he was pulling off perfect head shots. Is this cheating? Is this just a lag in theater mode?(which ive never heard of but have seen how bad the Halo 4 kill cams lagged) I really feel like this guy was up to something because ive neer seen theater mode lag and make it seem like someone was completely missing when they are pulling off head shots and i’ve never seen anyone get more that around 40 kills. This was on battle of noctus and it was a very short game. The guys i saw get 40 kills did so in VERY long warzone matches. What do you guys think?

Theater mode tends to lag a bit, i sometimes watch my own gameplay when i did really good. For example when i get a cool no scope or quickscope and rewatched it just to find out that it looked like i missed the shot completly making me look like a cheater.

Thanks guys. Thought i caught a cheater. Thanks for the info