Cheap thrills of cheap skills

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making inappropriate remarks or non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

After just watching the “Best Of Community” montage, there are just so many things I notice wrong with this game. (Not that I was unaware of them before, but seeing other people’s gameplay really puts it into the light)

Montages in H4 mean absolutely -Yoink-. In past halo games, there has been the biggest attention to “awesome snipes and no-scopes” in montages. Of course the trend carries over to H4, but it’s so meaningless. If you are a halo veteran, can you honestly say these EXTREMELY easy snipes and no-scopes mean anything at all??! The hit-boxes are gigantic and just look at that beam rifle unscoped; WHAT A JOKE! It’s like playing basketball on an 8 foot rim and recording how “awesome” your dunks and abilities are. Seriousy, this game is so dumbed down it’s appalling.

Don’t get me wrong, I have been an avid player since launch but the past two weeks I have barely played. When you take a step back out of the game and get an objective view, it is so clearly visible! Right there, in front of you, this gigantic pile of dumbed down, skill-less. random conglomerate of crap.

We have been so conditioned game after game in the series to accept these dumbed down mechanics we are even oblivious ourselves, I know I was. I thought getting the Majestic Map pack would revitalize some sort of “halo” feeling. In all honesty, it was fun playing on these smaller, more arena like maps for a while, but even after a couple days I was getting so bored and felt as if I was literally forcing myself to try and enjoy them. Needless to say, a nice addition added to the already existing mess of a game we have, doesn’t make things any better at all. I actually lost the little bit of hope I had for this game seeing as how even great maps don’t make this game fun.

I try and try to be that same halo fan I once was, and it saddens me everytime I pick up a controller and think of what once was. H4 is the farthest thing from the original concept of HCE Bungie somehow magically, if not more-so accidentally, but gloriously crafted that made us all fall in love. 343 really should have made a new game series rather than re-hash the halo name, but we ALL know the reason for the travesty; MONEY.

Anyway, just another “random guy” that’s been playing halo for over 10 years, signing out. Not renewing xbox live to feel like a cheap, battered wife anymore.

Just my two cents, if you enjoy the game, power to ya, but I’m sure many can agree with my sentiments.

-Yoink- you 343i, and -Yoink- you too Bungie for Reach.

so make hit boxes smaller lower bullet magenitism and lower aim assist.
ok.

^
You could have said your entire post in one sentence, like Mesonic.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Typical Waypoint ignorance

>

How so?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Get that -Yoink- out of your mouth and stop being such a little -Yoink-, -Yoinking!- troll.

Knew I wouldn’t get any feedback of substance on these stupid forums.

> so make hit boxes smaller lower bullet magenitism and lower aim assist.
> ok.

Not sure if that was meant to be sarcastic but it sounds like a great plan

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not engage users who are trolling, and please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Good. Leave. Crybaby.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

>

Typical Waypoint ignorance

Probably was playing against lesser skilled people. Try getting a no-scope betrayal across the map from Banshee spawn on Sandtrap, my friend did it…well to me just screwing around. Halo 3 montages actually showed your skill…

> It’s like playing basketball on an 8 foot rim and recording how “awesome” your dunks and abilities are.

LMAO meet the 13 year old version of me.

> > It’s like playing basketball on an 8 foot rim and recording how “awesome” your dunks and abilities are.
>
> LMAO meet the 13 year old version of me.

lol