Charge shouldn't be Insta kill W/ speedboost

Jesus Christ. Everyone just runs around with speedboosts and charges everyone now. especially since a speedboost is a COMMON req Everyone has hundreds of them.

If someone runs at you with a speedboost there isn’t a single -Yoinking!- thing you can do stop them insta-killing you with a spartan charge. This is a bull -Yoink- design choice. Change it back to the way it was.

I never seem to have much trouble side-stepping them…

Agreed. I get the feeling that this change was made to incentivize people to actually use speed boosts, but did that really need to be done?

I don’t know about you guys but I just played a game on array and had to capture the spire, 2 minutes in 3 people were spawn killing us with speed boost spartan charges. Then about 4-5 minutes in they had wraiths, banshees, binary rifles, basicly anything they wanted to use they had. It was not a fun game.

> 2533274907200114;2:
> I never seem to have much trouble side-stepping them…

so much fun watching them go flying when they realized they missed entirely

Strife to the left or right so hard am I right.

Get a shotgun, sword, hammer, rockets, the answer (to the question of course), a vehicle, etc. Most of this stuff is a higher req level, except the shotty. But you can get plenty of stuff to make SC, speed boost or not, non-threatening. You could also dodge relatively reliably if they’re bad. And typically SC spammers are bad so… I prefer a shotty myself. Nothing better than seeing their eyes light up as they prepare to SC you only to eat lead for breakfast.

I agree it’s dumb for speed boosts to do that but… it’t how it is now. Besides, taking a hit from a normal SC usually means you’re screwed anyway.

It is?

I must now try this instead of selling speed boosts right off the bat

> 2533274974984138;1:
> Jesus Christ. Everyone just runs around with speedboosts and charges everyone now. especially since a speedboost is a COMMON req Everyone has hundreds of them.
>
> If someone runs at you with a speedboost there isn’t a single -Yoinking!- thing you can do stop them insta-killing you with a spartan charge. This is a bull -Yoink- design choice. Change it back to the way it was.

Couldn´t agree more, its plain stupid decision making. I was already annoyed before considering motion tracker range is so limited in Halo 5 but now its even worse.

> 2533274907200114;2:
> I never seem to have much trouble side-stepping them…

Well, add some latency to gameplay and you think you can time the side-stepping but turns out you can´t. EU player on latency ridden US servers - the “side-step move” is more or less impossible to get right. This is adding fuel to the fire that is already an annoying lag and latency-fest for international players.

They just have to remove spartan charge and problem is solved. The Spartan charge is probably the most annoying thing that exists in Halo.

> 2535409260317548;10:
> > 2533274907200114;2:
> > I never seem to have much trouble side-stepping them…
>
>
> Well, add some latency to gameplay and you think you can time the side-stepping but turns out you can´t. EU player on latency ridden US servers - the “side-step move” is more or less impossible to get right. This is adding fuel to the fire that is already an annoying lag and latency-fest for international players.

So true.

To those saying that they can simply sidestep or use a 1-shot close-up weapon (e.g. shotgun), that only works if you have excellent latency between you and the attacker. Because the only thing that matters is what the attacker sees on his screen.

I’ve sidestepped perfectly plenty of times, even getting on the opposite side of a REQ station from a sword attacker, but if either player has a bad connection and the attacker’s screen shows a hit, that’s what counts (on my screen the sword lunged from the other side of the room, wrapped around the REQ station, bounced off a wall, and while facing that wall he continued to come at me sideways for the kill. This was all one single lunge).

Possibly a better example… Ever used a shotgun to shoot an attacker that was lunging with a sword, and both of you died? Yeah, that’s not supposed to happen. But it does.

Agreed. The fact that it is as deadly as a sword or shotgun shows how ridiculous this buff is.

> 2533274894783242;13:
> To those saying that they can simply sidestep or use a 1-shot close-up weapon (e.g. shotgun), that only works if you have excellent latency between you and the attacker. Because the only thing that matters is what the attacker sees on his screen.
>
> I’ve sidestepped perfectly plenty of times, even getting on the opposite side of a REQ station from a sword attacker, but if either player has a bad connection and the attacker’s screen shows a hit, that’s what counts (on my screen the sword lunged from the other side of the room, wrapped around the REQ station, bounced off a wall, and while facing that wall he continued to come at me sideways for the kill. This was all one single lunge).
>
> Possibly a better example… Ever used a shotgun to shoot an attacker that was lunging with a sword, and both of you died? Yeah, that’s not supposed to happen. But it does.

The game as changed. Now we can accept the new challenge and adjust to it or go down like the ones who complain the most on here about stuff. Yes, you have to check your corners and what not now otherwise you will be too close to get the kill on these guys, so adjust how you play. If you touched something hot as a kid you learned not to touch that again(some of us didn’t judging from forum posts…) The logic of adding this is right for many reasons, so I don’t think it should be removed nor will it.

As far as your sword lunge goes, that sucks and I feel sorry it happened to you. I feel like you maybe hyped the story up there as well…

Shotgun killing a sword is a good example though. Shouldn’t get killed with follow through. Never did on previous games. Swords vs shotty was a favorite growing up. That bull medal was worth it

Guys you can’t just come in here and be like “oh side step” “use this” “use that” what happens when you’re only at level 2 reqs and you’re trying to cap your armory and out of nowhere a member of the other team just comes in, charges you before you can do anything. i like this game, I’ll be honest, but this is the only thing that has been making me very angry (that and the grenades)

> 2533274933089271;16:
> Guys you can’t just come in here and be like “oh side step” “use this” “use that” what happens when you’re only at level 2 reqs and you’re trying to cap your armory and out of nowhere a member of the other team just comes in, charges you before you can do anything. i like this game, I’ll be honest, but this is the only thing that has been making me very angry (that and the grenades)

Shoot him! Cut out his tongue! Shoot him, cut out his tongue, then shoot his tongue!

Get a guy or two up on the roof with pistols or carbines. You can still cap from there.

Not true. You’re projecting. Honestly this is barely even a change. It is effective against noobs who have no idea wtf is going on or just suck in general. Anyone with halo 5 skills over a month old know how to make a spartan charge look like lunchmeat. Speed boost or not, spart charge is predictable as -Yoink-. If you die to it, then you’re being lazy as -Yoink- w/the way you play, step the -Yoink- up.

> 2533274974984138;1:
> Jesus Christ. Everyone just runs around with speedboosts and charges everyone now. especially since a speedboost is a COMMON req Everyone has hundreds of them.
>
> If someone runs at you with a speedboost there isn’t a single -Yoinking!- thing you can do stop them insta-killing you with a spartan charge. This is a bull -Yoink- design choice. Change it back to the way it was.

spartan charge with 3 boosts, used that to clean out a garage

Get on high ground, see them coming and kill them or learn to side step, turn around and kill em. Hand gun works and AR works just fine for that. I get caught once In awhile, But don’t hate It.

I hate when teammates do It to you while fighting. At that point I will bug them the rest of the game.