Charge 10-20 dollars to make new accounts on Xbox

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

If you’re that fat and thirsty for free wins on a videogame then surely you won’t mind paying extra. Only exploiters/cheaters will disagree. This change wouldn’t affect normal players. Everybody wins. Get it done Microsoft.

I may be missing something here, but what are you talking about?

Why would someone who isn’t an exploiter/cheater need a new account? Presumably only exploiters and cheaters would actually need new accounts since their old accounts would have been banned for exploiting or cheating.

You’re also on a Halo forum. Microsoft doesn’t check these posts.

> 2535407109813100;1:
> If you’re that fat and thirsty for free wins on a videogame then surely you won’t mind paying extra. Only exploiters/cheaters will disagree. This change wouldn’t affect normal players. Everybody wins. Get it done Microsoft.

I’m with HappyPlace here…what do you mean?

You can already create a new gamer tag and just pay for a month…though matchmaking will only take a couple of games before it figures out your skill again.

If you’re cheating, your console will get banned so a new account won’t help.

if one person already has gold on that console anyone that plays on that console has gold. so technically its free to make accounts.

No that’s a bad idea. I have multiple accounts that are my friends or are for them.

> 2753763522162009;3:
> > 2535407109813100;1:
> > If you’re that fat and thirsty for free wins on a videogame then surely you won’t mind paying extra. Only exploiters/cheaters will disagree. This change wouldn’t affect normal players. Everybody wins. Get it done Microsoft.
>
> I’m with HappyPlace here…what do you mean?
>
> You can already create a new gamer tag and just pay for a month…though matchmaking will only take a couple of games before it figures out your skill again.
>
> If you’re cheating, your console will get banned so a new account won’t help.

Playing against others that aren’t as good as you is a form of cheating whether it says it in the code of conduct or not.

> 2535408299219519;5:
> No that’s a bad idea. I have multiple accounts that are my friends or are for them.

They’re you’re friends’ actual accounts? That’s different than what I’m talking about.

I don’t get this. Do you mean that if I want to create an Xbox account then I have to pay? Or is it if I want to have 2 on the same console? Because I share my Xbox with my brother and my sister, and we use separate accounts. I think you need to explain this a bit more.

> 2535458467698546;7:
> I don’t get this. Do you mean that if I want to create an Xbox account then I have to pay? Or is it if I want to have 2 on the same console? Because I share my Xbox with my brother and my sister, and we use separate accounts. I think you need to explain this a bit more.

We can cut back on smurf accounts by over 50% if we do one of the following:

1. Charge money for alternative accounts
  2. Implement exp qualifications like r6. In Halo 5 you should be at least SR70 to play ranked, etc. This should happen with all games btw

> 2535407109813100;6:
> > 2753763522162009;3:
> > > 2535407109813100;1:
> > > If you’re that fat and thirsty for free wins on a videogame then surely you won’t mind paying extra. Only exploiters/cheaters will disagree. This change wouldn’t affect normal players. Everybody wins. Get it done Microsoft.
> >
> > I’m with HappyPlace here…what do you mean?
> >
> > You can already create a new gamer tag and just pay for a month…though matchmaking will only take a couple of games before it figures out your skill again.
> >
> > If you’re cheating, your console will get banned so a new account won’t help.
>
> Playing against others that aren’t as good as you is a form of cheating whether it says it in the code of conduct or not.

How so? That just sounds like a poor matchmaking system. If you’re getting matched with people who are orders of magnitude better than you, then that’s a technical problem for the support team to handle, not a form of cheating being exploited by better players.

> 2535407109813100;8:
> > 2535458467698546;7:
> > I don’t get this. Do you mean that if I want to create an Xbox account then I have to pay? Or is it if I want to have 2 on the same console? Because I share my Xbox with my brother and my sister, and we use separate accounts. I think you need to explain this a bit more.
>
> We can cut back on smurf accounts by over 50% if we do one of the following:
> 1. Charge money for alternative accounts
> 2. Implement exp qualifications like r6. In Halo 5 you should be at least SR70 to play ranked, etc. This should happen with all games btw

I understand your second point, but you still haven’t explained your first. Do I have to pay if I create a second account on my Xbox full stop? Or is it under the same name? Or what?

> 2535407109813100;6:
> > 2753763522162009;3:
> > > If you’re that fat and thirsty for free wins on a videogame then surely you won’t mind paying extra. Only exploiters/cheaters will disagree. This change wouldn’t affect normal players. Everybody wins. Get it done Microsoft.
> >
> >
> > You can already create a new gamer tag and just pay for a month…though matchmaking will only take a couple of games before it figures out your skill again.
> >
> > If you’re cheating, your console will get banned so a new account won’t help.
>
> Playing against others that aren’t as good as you is a form of cheating whether it says it in the code of conduct or not.
>
>
> > 2535408299219519;5:
> > No that’s a bad idea. I have multiple accounts that are my friends or are for them.
>
> They’re you’re friends’ actual accounts? That’s different than what I’m talking about.

One of them is my friends account he uses all the time. The others are if they come to my house.

Sounds good in theory, but won’t work in practice. Back in the day people would still buy multiple accounts. I’ve had many a loss streak in Halo 2 due to 50’s with new accounts.

I also enjoy not having to pay for my wife and kids accounts since I already pay for mine

> 2535408299219519;11:
> > 2535407109813100;6:
> > > 2753763522162009;3:
> > > > 2535407109813100;1:
> > > > If you’re that fat and thirsty for free wins on a videogame then surely you won’t mind paying extra. Only exploiters/cheaters will disagree. This change wouldn’t affect normal players. Everybody wins. Get it done Microsoft.
> > >
> > > I’m with HappyPlace here…what do you mean?
> > >
> > > You can already create a new gamer tag and just pay for a month…though matchmaking will only take a couple of games before it figures out your skill again.
> > >
> > > If you’re cheating, your console will get banned so a new account won’t help.
> >
> > Playing against others that aren’t as good as you is a form of cheating whether it says it in the code of conduct or not.
> >
> >
> > > 2535408299219519;5:
> > > No that’s a bad idea. I have multiple accounts that are my friends or are for them.
> >
> > They’re you’re friends’ actual accounts? That’s different than what I’m talking about.
>
> One of them is my friends account he uses all the time. The others are if they come to my house.

> 2533274794684102;12:
> Sounds good in theory, but won’t work in practice. Back in the day people would still buy multiple accounts. I’ve had many a loss streak in Halo 2 due to 50’s with new accounts.
>
> I also enjoy not having to pay for my wife and kids accounts since I already pay for mine

You both make good points against it. So would you be against a quantifying exp level for ranked game modes. Also, I’m not talking about your friends’ actual, main accounts on your Xbox for when they come over. I’m referring to players that make multiple hideys just to stomp on lesser skilled players. But again, others in your household not having to pay is a good counterargument.

Salty are we? How do you expect Microsoft to bring in new players if it costs $10 to make a new account. That is the most anti consumer thing I have ever seen in this forum. If you want to stop smurfs, do what Ubisoft is doing. Make two factor authentication a requirement and the cell number can only be used once. But to require a payment? Why would someone wamt to pay for a Hotmail account? Because by signing up for Hotmail, you basically signed up for Xbox Live Silver. Now you are charging people that don’t own or play Xbox. Kind of dumb to make that kind of marketing decision.

> 2535407109813100;6:
> > 2753763522162009;3:
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
> > 2535408299219519;5:
> > No that’s a bad idea. I have multiple accounts that are my friends or are for them.
>
> They’re you’re friends’ actual accounts? That’s different than what I’m talking about.

Like I said, the system finds your true skill within a few matches so making a new account to play weaker players is pointless.

> 2533274861671321;4:
> if one person already has gold on that console anyone that plays on that console has gold. so technically its free to make accounts.

In this crazy hypothetical world would each new account have to pay its won Live gold subscription?

I’m with WackyCranby. My Xbox has accounts for my entire family when we do split screen. This idea, to be quite frank, is stupid. I understand the hate for Smurf accounts, but to pay 10\20$ for a new Account? It’s been said above, how would Microsoft get new people?

> 2753763522162009;15:
> > 2535407109813100;6:
> > > > If you’re that fat and thirsty for free wins on a videogame then surely you won’t mind paying extra. Only exploiters/cheaters will disagree. This change wouldn’t affect normal players. Everybody wins. Get it done Microsoft.
> > >
> > >
> > > You can already create a new gamer tag and just pay for a month…though matchmaking will only take a couple of games before it figures out your skill again.
> > >
> > > If you’re cheating, your console will get banned so a new account won’t help.
> >
> > Playing against others that aren’t as good as you is a form of cheating whether it says it in the code of conduct or not.
> >
> >
> > > 2535408299219519;5:
> > > No that’s a bad idea. I have multiple accounts that are my friends or are for them.
> >
> > They’re you’re friends’ actual accounts? That’s different than what I’m talking about.
>
> Like I said, the system finds your true skill within a few matches so making a new account to play weaker players is pointless.

Why do so many people do it?

> 2535426515273563;17:
> I’m with WackyCranby. My Xbox has accounts for my entire family when we do split screen. This idea, to be quite frank, is stupid. I understand the hate for Smurf accounts, but to pay 10\20$ for a new Account? It’s been said above, how would Microsoft get new people?

I guess you’re right. Qualifications it is.

> 2535435902217648;9:
> > 2535407109813100;6:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> How so? That just sounds like a poor matchmaking system. If you’re getting matched with people who are orders of magnitude better than you, then that’s a technical problem for the support team to handle, not a form of cheating being exploited by better players.

the problem is that highly skilled player can create new accounts, and the game thinks they’re complete noobs and matches them against complete noobs, who they can promptly decimate and then when the game figures out their skill level, boom another account.