Characters

Ok so my question is why does every cool halo character die other than master cheif like noble six sargent Johnson the rookie captain keyes…but all the lame ones live like spartan locke???:angry::angry:

Well, “cool” is a matter of opinion. I would say Buck is cool and he is still around as are Fred, Linda, and Kelly. But that’s just how the stories are written. I would even say that Locke is a “cool” character in his own way, just not executed very well due to the negative reception the Halo 5: Guardians Campaign got.

I thought Jun was lame, but he lived. It’s just the way the story is written and it’s up to you to decide who is cool or not.

> 2533274809226598;2:
> Well, “cool” is a matter of opinion. I would say Buck is cool and he is still around as are Fred, Linda, and Kelly. But that’s just how the stories are written. I would even say that Locke is a “cool” character in his own way, just not executed very well due to the negative reception the Halo 5: Guardians Campaign got.

I was about to say that there was some pretty cool cats still kicking it in the universe. I am also glad that Halo is a universe that is brave enough to depart from popular characters when it suits the story. It’s very difficult to do but very rewarding when done right.

Its narrative tragedy. If a lame character died, you wouldn’t have much emotion but if a cool dude get killed, you’ll feel sad or whatever

My problem with Locke is that he’s like a robot he literaly has no emotion

I object to calling the Rookie or Noble six characters.

> 2535419497560577;6:
> My problem with Locke is that he’s like a robot he literaly has no emotion

Not everybody does. He’s an ONI agent on a mission. No room for personal feelings.

> 2533274880633045;7:
> I object to calling the Rookie or Noble six characters.

I object, your Honour! I object to that outrageous statement! And I object that a tertiary character gets any lines during my big courtroom scene. Here, take this to a higher court.

…ahem! Pardon me, I couldn’t help myself.
If you feel that the Rookie isn’t really a character, then perhaps the writers of that book should not have included him in there as they did? That, or we should consider that the Rookie in the book is different to the Rookie in the game. If the Rookie in the game isn’t a character, what does that make the one in the book?

As for Noble Six, well, at least he actually talks, and you don’t determine the actions he takes in cutscenes and the like, so I think he has enough to be his own character. He also has an ending (kind of), although if you ask me, I’ll say he survived.
Yes, lore fanatics will make a fuss, but I really hate the idea of just killing off everyone just for the sake of ‘emotional impact’, especially shortly after they are introduced.

> 2535406260637191;9:
> > 2533274880633045;7:
> > I object to calling the Rookie or Noble six characters.
>
> I object, your Honour! I object to that outrageous statement! And I object that a tertiary character gets any lines during my big courtroom scene. Here, take this to a higher court.
>
> …ahem! Pardon me, I couldn’t help myself.
> If you feel that the Rookie isn’t really a character, then perhaps the writers of that book should not have included him in there as they did? That, or we should consider that the Rookie in the book is different to the Rookie in the game. If the Rookie in the game isn’t a character, what does that make the one in the book?

Name one thing book rookie did besides die. List three things about his personality. Read out his extensive backstory. What his best line?

> As for Noble Six, well, at least he actually talks, and you don’t determine the actions he takes in cutscenes and the like, so I think he has enough to be his own character. He also has an ending (kind of), although if you ask me,

The avatar dies and says bland lines with the emotional delivery of a toaster. We have a couple of informed attributes ‘lone wolf’ ‘sabre pilot’, but aside from that there isn’t anything there. You can’t do any of the above with Six either.

> I’ll say he survived.Yes, lore fanatics will make a fuss, but I really hate the idea of just

And you’d be wrong on so many levels.

> killing off everyone just for the sake of ‘emotional impact’, especially shortly after they are introduced.

Reach wasn’t well done enough for it to have any ‘emotional impact’ on me aside from a few bouts of laughter.