Characters do have different stats!

In Josh’s new blog post, there are a few new things to see, including some of the character HUDs, but it was also confirmed that each character will have minutely different characteristics. Kelly moves faster, and Tanaka apparently has increased motion tracker range. Other than this, we don’t know any other effects.
So, got any ideas what they might be?

Cool it is nice that they all have slight variations between all variations I wonder what Buck will have that is different.

This is great. Makes me want character selection, though…

> 2535460843083983;3:
> This is great. Makes me want character selection, though…

There will be. Just not when playing solo.

> 2535464008080244;2:
> Cool it is nice that they all have slight variations between all variations I wonder what Buck will have that is different.

Increased awesomeness, duh.

> 2533274974596436;5:
> > 2535464008080244;2:
> > Cool it is nice that they all have slight variations between all variations I wonder what Buck will have that is different.
>
>
> Increased awesomeness, duh.

If Buck insta-killing a sword Elite and tossing Locke his sword in the ViDoc is any indication, he has increased melee damage.

> 2535460843083983;6:
> > 2533274974596436;5:
> > > 2535464008080244;2:
> > > Cool it is nice that they all have slight variations between all variations I wonder what Buck will have that is different.
> >
> >
> > Increased awesomeness, duh.
>
>
> If Buck insta-killing a sword Elite and tossing Locke his sword in the ViDoc is any indication, he has increased melee damage.

TBH, I’d prefer increased awesomeness

Linda: More autoaim?
Vale: Increased chance to make the enemy talk when you shoot them?

> 2533274932540799;8:
> Linda: More autoaim?
> Vale: Increased chance to make the enemy talk when you shoot them?

Maybe perhaps Linda can control and bend bullets like in the film Wanted if you have ever seen it haha.

I posted this in the other thread:

Blue Team
Chief- Luck 1. Enemies just can’t help but roll towards your grenades.
2. Every shot that Chief misses will still land a hit as long as it is within a certain range of the enemy.

Fred- Butcher- Fred is able to use his signature combat knife when he melees. It deals more damage and has increased melee range.

Linda- Eagle Eye- 1. Increased optic ranges on all guns.
2. Increased firing ranges and accuracy on all guns.

Kelly- Rabbit- Permanent speed buff.

Fireteam Osiris
Locke- Juggernaut- Increased health. (Can’t think of anything else for his lame -Yoink-.)

Tanaka- Sixth Sense- Increased motion tracker range…

Vale- Ambassador- Can distract Sanghelli by speaking their tongue. (This one’s a bit of a stretch.)

Buck- Glow in the Dark- Buck can use his VISr mode to spot enemies easily.

> 2535464008080244;2:
> Cool it is nice that they all have slight variations between all variations I wonder what Buck will have that is different.

He can call Dare for a pep-talk whenever he wants to.

> 2533274939958452;10:
> I posted this in the other thread:
>
> Blue Team
> Chief- Luck 1. Enemies just can’t help but rolling towards your grenades.
> 2. Every shot that Chief misses will still land a hit as long as it is within a certain range of the enemy.
>
> Fred- Butcher- Fred is able to use his signature combat knife when he melees. It deals more damage and has increased melee range.
>
> Linda- Eagle Eye- 1. Increased optic ranges on all guns.
> 2. Increased firing ranges and accuracy on all guns.
>
> Kelly- Rabbit- Permanent speed buff.
>
> Fireteam Osiris
> Locke- Juggernaut- Increased health. (Can’t think of anything else for his lame -Yoink-.)
>
> Tanaka- Sixth Sense- Increased motion tracker range…
>
> Vale- Ambassador- Can distract Sanghelli by speaking their tongue. (This one’s a bit of a stretch.)
>
> Buck- Glow in the Dark- Buck can use his VISr mode to spot enemies easily.

I just want to say that I loved all the names you came up with for these. :slight_smile: And I actually really like your ideas too - the one for Fred definitely sound plausible.

> 2533274939958452;10:
>
> Blue Team
> Chief- Luck 1. Enemies just can’t help but rolling towards your grenades.
> 2. Every shot that Chief misses will still land a hit as long as it is within a certain range of the enemy.
>
> Fred- Butcher- Fred is able to use his signature combat knife when he melees. It deals more damage and has increased melee range.
>
>
>
> Fireteam Osiris
> Locke- Juggernaut- Increased health. (Can’t think of anything else for his lame -Yoink-.)
>
>
> Vale- Ambassador- Can distract Sanghelli by speaking their tongue. (This one’s a bit of a stretch.)
>

Maybe Locke can jump higher? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

> 2533274920039666;12:
> > 2533274939958452;10:
> > I posted this in the other thread:
> >
> > Blue Team
> > Chief- Luck 1. Enemies just can’t help but rolling towards your grenades.
> > 2. Every shot that Chief misses will still land a hit as long as it is within a certain range of the enemy.
> >
> > Fred- Butcher- Fred is able to use his signature combat knife when he melees. It deals more damage and has increased melee range.
> >
> > Linda- Eagle Eye- 1. Increased optic ranges on all guns.
> > 2. Increased firing ranges and accuracy on all guns.
> >
> > Kelly- Rabbit- Permanent speed buff.
> >
> > Fireteam Osiris
> > Locke- Juggernaut- Increased health. (Can’t think of anything else for his lame -Yoink-.)
> >
> > Tanaka- Sixth Sense- Increased motion tracker range…
> >
> > Vale- Ambassador- Can distract Sanghelli by speaking their tongue. (This one’s a bit of a stretch.)
> >
> > Buck- Glow in the Dark- Buck can use his VISr mode to spot enemies easily.
>
>
> I just want to say that I loved all the names you came up with for these. :slight_smile: And I actually really like your ideas too - the one for Fred definitely sound plausible.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. I could just imagine Jeff saying out the names in his announcer voice lol.

I’m glad this is being implemented, too bad you can’t choose a character unless on co-op.

> 2533274939958452;10:
>
> Blue Team
> Chief- Luck 1. Enemies just can’t help but roll towards your grenades.
>
>
>
>
> Fireteam Osiris
>
>
>

I think vale, should have increased damage for covie weapons, or they dont over heat as fast.

For linda, she should have more aim assist, and less bloom.

> 2533274915983628;16:
> > 2533274939958452;10:
> > I posted this in the other thread:
> >
> > Blue Team
> > Chief- Luck 1. Enemies just can’t help but roll towards your grenades.
> > 2. Every shot that Chief misses will still land a hit as long as it is within a certain range of the enemy.
> >
> > Fred- Butcher- Fred is able to use his signature combat knife when he melees. It deals more damage and has increased melee range.
> >
> > Linda- Eagle Eye- 1. Increased optic ranges on all guns.
> > 2. Increased firing ranges and accuracy on all guns.
> >
> > Kelly- Rabbit- Permanent speed buff.
> >
> > Fireteam Osiris
> > Locke- Juggernaut- Increased health. (Can’t think of anything else for his lame -Yoink-.)
> >
> > Tanaka- Sixth Sense- Increased motion tracker range…
> >
> > Vale- Ambassador- Can distract Sanghelli by speaking their tongue. (This one’s a bit of a stretch.)
> >
> > Buck- Glow in the Dark- Buck can use his VISr mode to spot enemies easily.
>
>
> I think vale, should have increased damage for covie weapons, or they dont over heat as fast.
> For linda, she should have more aim assist, and less bloom.

That would probably be a more plausible ability for Vale because unfortunately, no one gets any huge special abilities, just buffs. As for Linda, there is probably about a million different buffs you could give her that are all similar but different in their own way.

Fred will have carzy knife assassinations, just a thought

> 2533274939958452;10:
>
> Blue Team
> Chief- Luck 1. Enemies just can’t help but roll towards your grenades.
>
>
>
>
> Fireteam Osiris
>
>
>

I really like this idea but if you’re going to give Linda and John two perks then Fred and Kelly should have two as well and it makes sense for them all to have two in that they’re more experienced and know each other better. For Fred I would suggest maybe enemies are less likely to shoot at him(playing off of the fact that he doesn’t like attention) which would make him helpful for reviving downed teammates. For Kelly I would suggest that enemies that fire at her are more likely to miss or shots have a chance of just phasing through her as though she’s just so fast she dodges them in a way you can’t visibly see.