Character collision proposal

Here lately I’ve been having a real problem with the effects of character collision in the halo series, especially since the sprint feature was incorporated. Nothing is more annoying than lining up that headshot, only to have your spartan involuntarily move one rails under the wait of a sprinting teammate who is trying to run through you. Or when the match starts on midship/truth and your objective is to go straight ahead in a series of jumps to contest the sword, only to be swept away in someone else’s dash to the camo.

I get that whatever changes made effect the collision of enemy characters as well.

So my proposal is this. You have spartan A, B, and C. Spartan A is stationary lighting up a snipe. B is on full sprint running right at him. And C is of in the back spectating. Just as B is about to connect with A. B does a maneuver that enables him to side step his teammate without the connection. From A and Bs perspective nothing happens in regards to thier hid or weapon sway. But since Spartan C is not involved and spectating he sees an animation. Of the lightning fast maneuver that is oblivious to the two Spartans involved.

This would have an added benefit of making more obvious and purposeful betrayals difficult because you wouldnt be able to smother a teammate to score a melee.

I hope this gets addressed in infinite

That sounds like it’s be complicated script to run, especially online and in bigger games, such as the 8v8 games. Even if it wasn’t complicated, and even if it didn’t bog down the connection, it’s still be very… Odd. Just think about how often it would occur? And what if it happens multiple times in short, rapid succession? How will it distinguish what to do then?

I’m practically a dedicated sniper enthusiast in these games, have been since the glory days of Halo: CE on PC, and later Halo 2 on Xbox. I combat collision issues by simply being hyper aware of my surroundings. I mostly do in order to ensure no enemies come sneaking up on me, but also to avoid team mates.

I hate when my team is nearby because I like to be sneaky, find tiny holes to fire from, then move to the next tiny hole somewhere else. Many times a team mates will run up and just blast away with an entirely insufficient weapon, causing my sneak to fail.

So… Just like enemies, I avoid my team like the plague. What also helps is simply adjusting your sensitivity, and really getting to know the weapon. The less time you have targeting in, the faster your time to kill, the less likely you’ll be bumped into in the first place. Those are just my thoughts though.

> 2535414041828986;2:
> That sounds like it’s be complicated script to run, especially online and in bigger games, such as the 8v8 games. Even if it wasn’t complicated, and even if it didn’t bog down the connection, it’s still be very… Odd. Just think about how often it would occur? And what if it happens multiple times in short, rapid succession? How will it distinguish what to do then?
>
> I’m practically a dedicated sniper enthusiast in these games, have been since the glory days of Halo: CE on PC, and later Halo 2 on Xbox. I combat collision issues by simply being hyper aware of my surroundings. I mostly do in order to ensure no enemies come sneaking up on me, but also to avoid team mates.
>
> I hate when my team is nearby because I like to be sneaky, find tiny holes to fire from, then move to the next tiny hole somewhere else. Many times a team mates will run up and just blast away with an entirely insufficient weapon, causing my sneak to fail.
>
> So… Just like enemies, I avoid my team like the plague. What also helps is simply adjusting your sensitivity, and really getting to know the weapon. The less time you have targeting in, the faster your time to kill, the less likely you’ll be bumped into in the first place. Those are just my thoughts though.

I disagree as I see these types of animations that are hidden from other players in games all the time. Including this one for instance if I’m sprinting and crouch to a slide I see my screen slink to the ground but I see a whole animations if someone else does it.
As far as odd? Maybe…the way it is the game allows the instigator or sprinter the control of movement and bumps the other out of the way. My suggestion would just treat the other as a rock and the sprinter would go to the side

But I do appreciate the advise you gave at the end thanks. I’m working on my snipe game and that’s why I posted this cause it’s been more of an issue since I started

> 2793974233130299;3:
> > 2535414041828986;2:
> > That sounds like it’s be complicated script to run, especially online and in bigger games, such as the 8v8 games. Even if it wasn’t complicated, and even if it didn’t bog down the connection, it’s still be very… Odd. Just think about how often it would occur? And what if it happens multiple times in short, rapid succession? How will it distinguish what to do then?
> >
> > I’m practically a dedicated sniper enthusiast in these games, have been since the glory days of Halo: CE on PC, and later Halo 2 on Xbox. I combat collision issues by simply being hyper aware of my surroundings. I mostly do in order to ensure no enemies come sneaking up on me, but also to avoid team mates.
> >
> > I hate when my team is nearby because I like to be sneaky, find tiny holes to fire from, then move to the next tiny hole somewhere else. Many times a team mates will run up and just blast away with an entirely insufficient weapon, causing my sneak to fail.
> >
> > So… Just like enemies, I avoid my team like the plague. What also helps is simply adjusting your sensitivity, and really getting to know the weapon. The less time you have targeting in, the faster your time to kill, the less likely you’ll be bumped into in the first place. Those are just my thoughts though.
>
> I disagree as I see these types of animations that are hidden from other players in games all the time. Including this one for instance if I’m sprinting and crouch to a slide I see my screen slink to the ground but I see a whole animations if someone else does it.
> As far as odd? Maybe…the way it is the game allows the instigator or sprinter the control of movement and bumps the other out of the way. My suggestion would just treat the other as a rock and the sprinter would go to the sideBut I do appreciate the advise you gave at the end thanks. I’m working on my snipe game and that’s why I posted this cause it’s been more of an issue since I started

That’s probably the answer right there. The person bumped goes nowhere. Sure, this can lead to team mates blocking things, but that’s when you incorporate a kick vote option. No more bumps, a work around against trolls, and games will still get fed more players because that’s how they already work in match making.

I like the idea. It would be useful against guys with Energy Swords.