Chapter 4 of episode 10 is terrible.

Really 343? Sniper things with nearly unlimited shields everywhere. Wow good design process.

Combined with bad frame rate, netcode, and teleportation. This mission is a joke.

I just quit because it was unbeatable with two people and lag.

Difficulty is not fun when you are subjected to one hit kills by things that have four times as much health as you, no matter the range, and then some of them can even teleport faster than you can kill them, this then giving them a large chunk of shields back.

This is not how you make people enjoy your combat.

solution:dont play on legendary

You automatically get put on Legendary if you find two others.

Difficulty doesn’t even matter. It isn’t good design.

> You automatically get put on Legendary if you find two others.
>
> Difficulty doesn’t even matter. It isn’t good design.

by dont play on legendary i mean go to “play chapters” and play the chapters on ur own or with friends on a different difficulty

So the mission is automatically bad if you cant beat it?

If it makes you feel any better the last knight of the level glitched behind the final wall and I didn’t get to finish it at all.

> So the mission is automatically bad if you cant beat it?

You’re kidding me right? Your logic is a simple minded as your statement, I hope for your sake it’s a joke.

And by the way, I did just beat it, it just was not fun, in the least.

> If it makes you feel any better the last knight of the level glitched behind the final wall and I didn’t get to finish it at all.

This happened to me on ep 7 chap 5, pissed me off.

Op while i agree, PP makes things easier, they don’t teleport and they die fast.

> solution:dont play on legendary

pretty sure you’re forced.

Chapter 5 is way better, so is Chapter 3.

Hmm that mission actually went fairly smooth at the part with the Binary knights.Then again i dodged and weaved, and used a Plasma pistol and a Plasma grenade took a whole minute to kill them all.Though i did die once from it because they caught me unaware.sad face

If this is true, I’m really tempted to make a Legendary strategy video for each mission of Episode 10, humiliating the enemy in such a way that 343i come to their senses and start giving us proper enemy variety since the best of enemy troops are evidently failures.

And even better, maybe they’ll add scaling to the game mode…

> Hmm that mission actually went fairly smooth at the part with the Binary knights.Then again i dodged and weaved, and used a Plasma pistol and a Plasma grenade took a whole minute to kill them all.Though i did die once from it because they caught me unaware.sad face

It’s way worse when the dude in your Mantis dies before hand.

It was actually insanely fun for me.
(Maybe it’s because I got the mantis ;))

I went 72-0 freakin loved it.

I’ve had so much fun since they switched it over to legendary. Heroic was way to easy with 4 people. I thought the 10th episode was awesome, I had a lot of fun.

I had the same trouble. I played it on solo Legendary, and not only was the enemy design horrendous, but the spawns were terrible. I died around forty times, if I remember. At one point, the game’s spawn was right in the sightline of two Sniper Knights who would disintegrate me within moments of spawning.

I finally managed to kill one through sheer chance (they kept missing), and then two Scattershot Knights came up the ramp, right into the combat bowl in front of me. So I got stuck for another fifteen deaths. I either didn’t make it out of spawn because of that Binary Rifle, or I made it out of spawn only to die because of the utter lack of cover between me and the Scattershots. I eventually got extremely lucky - the game started instantly spawning me after a certain point, and I managed to lob four grenades at one Scattershot Knight, taking down its shields, and then headshotted it. This made the other Knight angry, and since the AI is easily manipulated when angry, I assassinated it. And then took down the final Sniper.

It was a thirty-death ordeal, and half the time the deaths were instant and completely out of my control. That’s bad design.

Additionally, I just want to note this: Giving Elite Warriors Fuel God Cannons is not so fun either. Their shields take a magazine and a half from the Battle Rifle, and then you’ve got to pop the headshot. It’s not fun to fight multiples of them, as death is almost necessary to succeed.

What’s not to like being under a massive floating balloon of death in an escapable kill zone where your random teammates don’t have the common sense to get out of and find cover, not that it really exists.

So spawn in and die and repeat.

The Ai in Reach were never this cheap on Legendary.

Spartan Ops isn’t ever fun. Why complain now?

I had fun once playing it and it was by accident. I thought you had to beat Spartan Miller without dying once to get the achievement. It took teamwork with a friend and planning - it was a blast.

If they weren’t going to use checkpoint system like campaign they should have had the difficulty tied to lives. Have the enemies health/shields set on the “normal” difficulty level and give all 4 players a set number of respawns. Just like ODST firefight.

Easy: Unlimited
Normal: 3 respawns each
Heroic: 1 respawn each
Legendary: 0 respawns

Use normal difficulty and keep track of your lives. Try it with friends, actually makes it interesting and challenging.

You have infinite lives. Any SpOps mission is easily beatable because of that alone.

Abuse the PP+DMR combo. For Knights, PP+Plasma grenade.

SpOps isn’t hard at all, even on legendary solo. It’s just a grind.

> You have infinite lives. Any SpOps mission is easily beatable because of that alone.
>
> Abuse the PP+DMR combo. For Knights, PP+Plasma grenade.
>
> SpOps isn’t hard at all, even on legendary solo. It’s just a grind.

I’ve said this many times and I’ll say it again, not everyone wants to take the easy way out.

Some people play to survive, which is what Spartan Ops constantly frustrates.

Speaking of which, I’m going to go looking for some humiliating Legendary strategies for those Binary Rifle Knights.

If this doesn’t knock sense into 343i’s flawed idea that a challenge constitutes of a bunch of snipers/fuel rod gun Generals/grenade spammers in an open battlefield, then forget it, Spartan Ops is dead to me.