Changing Voice Actors

I’ve noticed that the Voice Actors for both Cpt. Forge and Professor Anders have changed since HW1. Now they’ve changed the Voice Actor for Serina aswell. Why don’t they just change Voice Actors for everyone? I mean since they are on a streak already.

It bothers me, it’s like starting with James Bond in the first movie ever made and then just make a sequal called Mission Impossible with Tom Cruise. It’s idiotic in my opinion, but they probably have their excuses and reasons.

A good “excuse and reason” is that there is a voice actors strike going on. The previous voice actors might just be refusing to work.

> 2533274927740213;2:
> A good “excuse and reason” is that there is a voice actors strike going on. The previous voice actors might just be refusing to work.

But for what reason? Isn’t it just better to grant them what they want as long as it isn’t a too farfetched request?

> 2533274820050931;3:
> > 2533274927740213;2:
> > A good “excuse and reason” is that there is a voice actors strike going on. The previous voice actors might just be refusing to work.
>
> But for what reason? Isn’t it just better to grant them what they want as long as it isn’t a too farfetched request?

Strikes and the demands that unions make are hardly that simple that is could be glossed over so quickly. This strike has been going on since 2016, so I highly doubt it is a simple issue.

> 2533274927740213;4:
> > 2533274820050931;3:
> > > 2533274927740213;2:
> > > A good “excuse and reason” is that there is a voice actors strike going on. The previous voice actors might just be refusing to work.
> >
> > But for what reason? Isn’t it just better to grant them what they want as long as it isn’t a too farfetched request?
>
> Strikes and the demands that unions make are hardly that simple that is could be glossed over so quickly. This strike has been going on since 2016, so I highly doubt it is a simple issue.

Really hope this doesn’t require voice actor change for Halo 6 characters. Would really suck

Yeah 343i can’t magically step in and solve an Industry wide strike. Unfortunately the nature of Union is that a voice actor who is a member of the Union will be blacklisted too if they accept work during what is supposed to be a strike. Hence why I think Unions in America in the 21st century are a waste of time and money (unless it’s a blue collar industry such as a steel mill) and what I enjoy about living in a non-Unionized state… Unfortunately Washington State where 343i is very very Union friendly…

I thought that strike was over? If I am correct isn’t Steve Downes in the strike, or Keith David? That would put a huge damper on any main Halo game.

If I am correct, Johnson is actually voiced by an imitator because his actual actor is unable to be hired because of the strike. Opinion wise, if Forge isn’t voiced by the same guy, who does voice him did a good job.

> 2695457991280734;5:
> > 2533274927740213;4:
> > > 2533274820050931;3:
> > > > 2533274927740213;2:
> > > > A good “excuse and reason” is that there is a voice actors strike going on. The previous voice actors might just be refusing to work.
> > >
> > > But for what reason? Isn’t it just better to grant them what they want as long as it isn’t a too farfetched request?
> >
> > Strikes and the demands that unions make are hardly that simple that is could be glossed over so quickly. This strike has been going on since 2016, so I highly doubt it is a simple issue.
>
> Really hope this doesn’t require voice actor change for Halo 6 characters. Would really suck

I know Cortana’s and Chief’s voice actors are part of the strike, which could be delaying Halo 6

> 2533274927740213;8:
> > 2695457991280734;5:
> > > 2533274927740213;4:
> > > > 2533274820050931;3:
> > > > > 2533274927740213;2:
> > > > > A good “excuse and reason” is that there is a voice actors strike going on. The previous voice actors might just be refusing to work.
> > > >
> > > > But for what reason? Isn’t it just better to grant them what they want as long as it isn’t a too farfetched request?
> > >
> > > Strikes and the demands that unions make are hardly that simple that is could be glossed over so quickly. This strike has been going on since 2016, so I highly doubt it is a simple issue.
> >
> > Really hope this doesn’t require voice actor change for Halo 6 characters. Would really suck
>
> I know Cortana’s and Chief’s voice actors are part of the strike, which could be delaying Halo 6

I would not be surprised if it is. It is quite odd we didn’t hear anything about the next major halo title at E3. There is no way 343 purposefully didn’t show us anything H6 related because of HW2. Adding H6 stuff to this past E3 would only help HW2 because of the general halo hype. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is delaying the game UNLESS 343 specifically decided to go to a four year dev cycle for h6.

I think nearly all the voice actors were different unfortunately.

Nothing can be done about it until the strike is over, it will most likely delay Halo 6 until it’s over. I couldn’t see the main characters for it have new voice actors.

Regrettably
It lost dubbed Japan’s presence in Japan
I’m disappointed.
In Japan Different from the voice of the Master Chief.
It is different from his voice in Halo3 and 4. Microsoft don’t care character

Jennifer Hale the voice actress for Spartan Palmer is an open advocate of the strike… So yeah this actually goes a long way to explaining the Halo 6 delays. I am sure programers and script writers are already working on 6, but cutscenes can’t really start work until the strike ends…

> 2533275001759937;10:
> I think nearly all the voice actors were different unfortunately.
>
> Nothing can be done about it until the strike is over, it will most likely delay Halo 6 until it’s over. I couldn’t see the main characters for it have new voice actors.

Chief, Cortana and Buck were all the same voice actors as previous games a was Palmar, Roland, Lasky and Dr. Halsey and the Arbiter. No returning character had a different voice actor.

Edit: HW2 returning main characters all had different voice actors however I believe.

> 2533274820050931;1:
> I’ve noticed that the Voice Actors for both Cpt. Forge and Professor Anders have changed since HW1. Now they’ve changed the Voice Actor for Serina aswell. Why don’t they just change Voice Actors for everyone? I mean since they are on a streak already.
>
> It bothers me, it’s like starting with James Bond in the first movie ever made and then just make a sequal called Mission Impossible with Tom Cruise. It’s idiotic in my opinion, but they probably have their excuses and reasons.

This game was made awhile ago,before the strike I believe and from what I heard the reason they didn’t get the actors that did cutter and anders was because of scheduling Conflicts not the strike

> 2695457991280734;13:
> > 2533275001759937;10:
> > I think nearly all the voice actors were different unfortunately.
> >
> > Nothing can be done about it until the strike is over, it will most likely delay Halo 6 until it’s over. I couldn’t see the main characters for it have new voice actors.
>
> Chief, Cortana and Buck were all the same voice actors as previous games a was Palmar, Roland, Lasky and Dr. Halsey and the Arbiter. No returning character had a different voice actor.
>
> Edit: HW2 returning main characters all had different voice actors however I believe.

With Buck since Nathan Fillion is primarily a Film/TV actor he might not be part of the strike… He even has previously ignored strikes to take on jobs such as with “Dr. Horrible’s Sing A Long Blog” which was made during the writers strike in Hollywood… Maybe it’s time for Halo ODST 2 adapting the story from “New Blood” :smiley:

> 2533274820050931;1:
> I’ve noticed that the Voice Actors for both Cpt. Forge and Professor Anders have changed since HW1. Now they’ve changed the Voice Actor for Serina aswell. Why don’t they just change Voice Actors for everyone? I mean since they are on a streak already.
>
> It bothers me, it’s like starting with James Bond in the first movie ever made and then just make a sequal called Mission Impossible with Tom Cruise. It’s idiotic in my opinion, but they probably have their excuses and reasons.

Johnson is a different actor and so is arby I’m pretty sure.

All major voice actors are primarily Union, the gaming companies that were partnered with the Union before the strike, were restricted to only hiring union actors for big projects at least I believe. So a lot of big titles will suffer until the Union sees its actors get increasing royalty based off of games sales numbers. But the Union is slowly losing power as more non-union voice actors enter the marketplace. So they have a tough time pulling weight as easily now with it being so easy to hire non-union voice actors these days through non-union agents. Last I heard it was still pretty deadlocked with neither side budging much on what they are willing to submit too. But eventually one side will have to fold because they are both losing a lot of money right now. Its just a waiting game.