Changing the vehicles for Halo 5

Just my personal opinion on how vehicles should be handled in Halo 5. Going in detail on the advance part of the thread and keeping it simple for the basics. Both should give you the same idea if I did this correctly.

Basics will also contain my personal thoughts on grenades.

Basics-

Nerf plasma grenades. They stick to the vehicles, that is a big enough thing in my book. No real aiming/timing just lobbing. It didn’t help that everyone could spawn with them too. Vehicle engagements were limited to Mantis battles pretty much.

If there must be an anti-vehicle grenade think of it like SWBF1. Make the anti vehicle grenades near useless when used to harm players.

I.E. Plasma grenades as anti player and spike grenades as anti vehicle but have frags distort vehicles. Throw them off balance or slow them down anything that doesn’t destroy them but negatively affects whoever just so happens to be riding inside.

If anyone has an idea of the perfect anti vehicle grenade please share.

Covenant vehicles should move fast and have high offensive capabilities BUT be extremely weak, single pilot oriented vehicles. Unless they are brute vehicles. Brutes sort of fall under their own weird vehicle tier.

UNSC vehicles should be tougher than Covenant and deal extremely specif damage. UNSC vehicles should be mostly team dependent and be slower than the Covenants hovercraft. Also from the team dependency they should be allowed to store ammo that can be added to the vehicles from forge settings.

If Promethean/Forerunner vehicles must be introduced I would say give them extremely powerful in the offence and defense areas but obvious weak points. Sort of like how the Covenant originally was.

Advance- Getting a little more into how which vehicles should work. Certain vehicles will have structure damage. Structure damage is the weapons doing damage to structures in different ways. Only two that i can see that won’t be completely game breaking. Piercing damage (like the gauss hog does in Halo Reach, that is also what influenced this idea) and AOE damage.

As you guessed piercing damage causes shots to go through buildings while AOE allows vehicles AOE damage to effect targets on the other side of the wall. From damage being a small -Yoink- that makes you back off to a sudden drop in shields.

Covenant- Higher damage output but weaker armor along with a thin layer of shields. The reason for the thin layer of shields is so that Covenant vehicles can keep up the with more hit and run tactics without fear of being wiped out.

(Shields strength dependent on vehicle.)

Ghost- Give the Ghost double shot dual cannons like in CE but with the same rate of fire as Halo 4. Shields are half as strong as player shields.Locust- Shields as powerful as 3x overshields ,walker unit, anti vehicle sniper unit. The longer the fire the more damage it does.Banshee-

Make it so that it work collisions don’t affect its hull integrity. Instead of having shields like the Wraith and ghost that stop enemy and ally specific damage. The Banshee will have shields that make it so it can handle collisions better. Giving it more ram and lets the pilot flip around with having the fear of dying when hitting a leap the wrong way. Cannons have minor piercing damage Banshee bomb has high AOE structure damage.

Also allow the banshee bombs to do more damage to vehicles same for its plasma cannons and shields are as strong as normal player shields.

Wraith-

Since i believe that Covenant vehicles should focus on the power of the single player rather than teamwork. Get rid of the middle turret and have a return of the side cannons from Halo 2. Just like the banshee the Wraith can switch between what it wants to fire. This will increases its overall damage output from its armor nerf. Main gun has slight SOE structure damage.

Turrets are anti infantry and shields are as strong as player shields.

Shade Turrets- These have been useless because of how slow their projectiles have been. Increase the rate the projectiles fire. Has High piercing damage. Shields are as quarter as strong as player shields. UNSC-All get an armor boost and when in forge players can choose which type of ammunition the vehicles have on them. The way the ammo units work is go into, forge spawn the vehicle, look up the settings and set the Ammo storage unit (ASU) to whatever you want it to be. The ASU is naturally on none. Power weapon ASU take up two slots.

Mongoose-

I don’t know if its just me but the Warthog moves alot faster than the mongoose. So lets change that. Along with its speed buff allow the mongoose more traversing ability. 1 ASU

I.E. Hitting a wall at the right angle and speed might give players a bit of wall time.

Warthog(s)-

So before when i said specif damage output, that is something that really needs to be done. 2 ASU

Turret Hogs-Have high damage to players but not vehicles, or structures.

Gauss Hogs-Have high damage to vehicles and able to pierce structures. Gauss fires every two seconds. (to give infantry an edge.)

Rocket Hog-Can lock on quickly to air units. Very low AOE damage and high contact damage. Unless locked on missiles will fire in random directions.

Scorpion- Since UNSC vehicles will be more team defendant the scorpion will keep its turret and be allowed to carry players on its sides. (Prioritizes Pilot, gunner seat over passenger unless player is holding an objective unit) The cannon has a bigger and more powerful AOE and does AOE damage to structures. 4 ASU Mantis- Dual seated. For driving and melee attacking (bottom seat), Other seat for firing weapons (top seat). Also allows for jumping mainly changed because of UNSC team dependency. 1 ASU Falcon-

Returned because its highly team dependent. 4 ASU

Chain Gun-Anti infantry and air. Lower damage to ground vehicles and some rounds pierce structures.

Grenade Launcher-Strong against vehicles and AOE dmg to structures.

Foreruunner/Promethean-

As i said above if these must come into play make them really powerful and very specific weak points.

I.E. Just shooting them alot won’t bring them down fast. More of a frag grenade throw at a certain area or focusing fire on an exposed engine core when the vehicle fires. Bring the image of boss battle to them.

I hope you enjoyed this thread. These are the changes that i fell would really help how vehicles in Halo operate. Bringing whole new angles to gameplay and brand new experiences.

> Just my personal opinion on how vehicles should be handled in Halo 5. Going in detail on the advance part of the thread and keeping it simple for the basics. Both should give you the same idea if I did this correctly.
>
> Basics will also contain my personal thoughts on grenades.
>
>
> Advance- Getting a little more into how which vehicles should work. Certain vehicles will have structure damage. Structure damage is the weapons doing damage to structures in different ways. Only two that i can see that won’t be completely game breaking. Piercing damage (like the gauss hog does in Halo Reach, that is also what influenced this idea) and AOE damage.
>
> As you guessed piercing damage causes shots to go through buildings while AOE allows vehicles AOE damage to effect targets on the other side of the wall. From damage being a small Yoink! that makes you back off to a sudden drop in shields.
>
>
>
> Covenant- Higher damage output but weaker armor along with a thin layer of shields. The reason for the thin layer of shields is so that Covenant vehicles can keep up the with more hit and run tactics without fear of being wiped out.
>
> (Shields strength dependent on vehicle.)
>
> Ghost- Give the Ghost double shot dual cannons like in CE but with the same rate of fire as Halo 4. Shields are half as strong as player shields.Locust- Shields as powerful as 3x overshields ,walker unit, anti vehicle sniper unit. The longer the fire the more damage it does.Banshee-
>
>
> Make it so that it work collisions don’t affect its hull integrity. Instead of having shields like the Wraith and ghost that stop enemy and ally specific damage. The Banshee will have shields that make it so it can handle collisions better. Giving it more ram and lets the pilot flip around with having the fear of dying when hitting a leap the wrong way. Cannons have minor piercing damage Banshee bomb has high AOE structure damage.
>
> Also allow the banshee bombs to do more damage to vehicles same for its plasma cannons and shields are as strong as normal player shields.
>

>
> Wraith-
>
>
> Since i believe that Covenant vehicles should focus on the power of the single player rather than teamwork. Get rid of the middle turret and have a return of the side cannons from Halo 2. Just like the banshee the Wraith can switch between what it wants to fire. This will increases its overall damage output from its armor nerf. Main gun has slight SOE structure damage.
>
> Turrets are anti infantry and shields are as strong as player shields.
>

>
> Shade Turrets- These have been useless because of how slow their projectiles have been. Increase the rate the projectiles fire. Has High piercing damage. Shields are as quarter as strong as player shields. UNSC-All get an armor boost and when in forge players can choose which type of ammunition the vehicles have on them. The way the ammo units work is go into, forge spawn the vehicle, look up the settings and set the Ammo storage unit (ASU) to whatever you want it to be. The ASU is naturally on none. Power weapon ASU take up two slots.
>
>
>
> Mongoose-
>
>
> I don’t know if its just me but the Warthog moves alot faster than the mongoose. So lets change that. Along with its speed buff allow the mongoose more traversing ability. 1 ASU
>
> I.E. Hitting a wall at the right angle and speed might give players a bit of wall time.
>

>
> Warthog(s)-
>
>
> So before when i said specif damage output, that is something that really needs to be done. 2 ASU
>
> Turret Hogs-Have high damage to players but not vehicles, or structures.
>
> Gauss Hogs-Have high damage to vehicles and able to pierce structures. Gauss fires every two seconds. (to give infantry an edge.)
>
> Rocket Hog-Can lock on quickly to air units. Very low AOE damage and high contact damage. Unless locked on missiles will fire in random directions.
>

>
> Scorpion- Since UNSC vehicles will be more team defendant the scorpion will keep its turret and be allowed to carry players on its sides. (Prioritizes Pilot, gunner seat over passenger unless player is holding an objective unit) The cannon has a bigger and more powerful AOE and does AOE damage to structures. 4 ASU Mantis- Dual seated. For driving and melee attacking (bottom seat), Other seat for firing weapons (top seat). Also allows for jumping mainly changed because of UNSC team dependency. 1 ASU Falcon-
>
>
> Returned because its highly team dependent. 4 ASU
>
> Chain Gun-Anti infantry and air. Lower damage to ground vehicles and some rounds pierce structures.
>
> Grenade Launcher-Strong against vehicles and AOE dmg to structures.
>

>
> I hope you enjoyed this thread. These are the changes that i fell would really help how vehicles in Halo operate. Bringing whole new angles to gameplay and brand new experiences.

Nah to forerunner vehicles, I don’t want another good thing of halo to get nerf to an extreme degree just for gameplay.

About the UNSC, I really want the Scorpion to have a guass cannon that shoots hypersonic HEAT rounds, but with no damage boost or higher ROF. Just the plain Scorpion having the gun that it should have had from the beginning. Maybe even an increase in speed if their are maps for vehicle to vehicle combat and not all CQC for vehicles.

For the wraith, its a mobile artillery. Maybe give it a damage boost, increase splash damage, but being slow and not as heavily armored. To counter the wraith maybe even throw in a mobile artillery tank for the UNSC (Fox cannon?). And to finally having a proper MBT for the Covenant.

Also to counter sticky grenades, why don’t they just give the scorpion and wraith energy shields? Takes multiple charge plasma pistol to lower, stickys bounce off or slide off. No difference in vehicle vs vehicle. Just infantry vs vehicles with infantry needing anti-vehicle weapons or getting up close and personal.

I think it’s all about balance between vehicles an space.
Give the vehicles a lot of space like in Halo’s level 'halo" and in Halo 3 Tsavo Highway - Mount up. Get to Voi.

Scorpion had it’s days, it 's an old relic that needs to be improved, and the Mantis is only interesting in urban warfare.
Bring back the Transport Warthogs…

For the Promethean’s i would like to see some vehicles, but more grounded with it’s architecture. I mean the floating parts don’t really do it justice.

Your locust sounds OP as hell. Also no vehicle should have weaker shields than foot soldiers because the increased size means it can be outfitted with a larger shielding system. I hated that about the mantis. Really lame shields with a monstrously long recharge time.

I would say most of these need changes and the grenades would be fixed if 343 just dropped loadouts and put plasmas as pick-ups like they should.

> Your locust sounds OP as hell. Also no vehicle should have weaker shields than foot soldiers because the increased size means it can be outfitted with a larger shielding system. I hated that about the mantis. Really lame shields with a monstrously long recharge time.
>
> I would say most of these need changes and the grenades would be fixed if 343 just dropped loadouts and put plasmas as pick-ups like they should.

1. What sounds OP about it. The thread is open to changes. IMO it sounds perfect for a vehicles with light armor. Its shield dependent and a sniper. If you think the 3x overshields is then just go play a around of Halo and test out how much damage that actually is against against other vehicles.

Also the reasons it has some many shields is for one. Its a sniper unit so it won’t be moving around too much so if caught off guard it can have a chance to move to safety. Two because its a walker unit, walkers aren’t really know for their graceful speed.

If the issue is with the anti vehicle sniper (with increased damage as the beam fires) its small reticle is why is has such a large damage output. The damage boost is there because its a of what i said before. Its a sniper vehicle, fighting up close will already be hard for it to aim and when it does get into its niche it would be only proper for it to excel. Any damage to players would just be a toned down focus rifle since it is anti vehicle.

I forgot that it odes structure damage in Halo Wars so i guess it would make sense to give it that here too.

1. Well i was going to reference something in the posts but it seems i left it out when i change the grenades and shield features. Shields were at first only going to be able to stop several shots but i changed it because i tired to find a better medium for the Covenant vehicles. I also stated that the shields wouldn’t have to be tired to lore or anything but just be a gameplay mechanic.

I’m trying to make Covenant vehicles less of full on assault craft but more as in hit and run. Mainly so it would ad more diversity into MP on how people play. UNSC vehicles are the opens you charge in while Covenant are the ones you play smart with. Sort of like the Human to Covenant weapons.

The reason why i choose them being the strength of player shields or less is because if they had too many shields they would be far to defensive to take out because of their high speed. If the Ghost had shields like the Locust, then when it engages players it would fight until its shields got down to 1 layer left then retreat let them recharge and go back in. You would basically have someone with overshields, damage boost and speed boost all at once.

1. If you are thinking on a matchmaking level exclusively, then the issues with grenades would be solved but making it so they aren’t able to be spawned with in most gametypes. For Customs Games it could still have saddening effects, thats why i want an anti vehicle grenade besides the frag or plasma.

> I think it’s all about balance between vehicles an space.
> Give the vehicles a lot of space like in Halo’s level 'halo" and in Halo 3 Tsavo Highway - Mount up. Get to Voi.
>
> Scorpion had it’s days, it 's an old relic that needs to be improved, and the Mantis is only interesting in urban warfare.
> Bring back the Transport Warthogs…
>
> For the Promethean’s i would like to see some vehicles, but more grounded with it’s architecture. I mean the floating parts don’t really do it justice.

1. I agree with what you are saying but the issue is the difference in size from Campaign levels to MP maps. Sandtrap made for some really great vehicle combat.

2.The only way i could see the Scorpion improved with out it being OP is by increasing its blast radius like it was in Halo CE. I admit that in ranged battles the Mantis falls off really badly. That’s why i wanted to change that with an increase chain gun accuracy and making it dual piloted. This allows for better maneuverability and damage output.

Transport hogs in custom games but not Matchingmaking and i’m sold. The reason for that is why it wasn’t available for players. It was a Killtacular on wheels.

> Basics-
>
>
> Nerf plasma grenades. They stick to the vehicles, that is a big enough thing in my book. No real aiming/timing just lobbing. It didn’t help that everyone could spawn with them too. Vehicle engagements were limited to Mantis battles pretty much.
>
> If there must be an anti-vehicle grenade think of it like SWBF1. Make the anti vehicle grenades near useless when used to harm players.
>
> I.E. Plasma grenades as anti player and spike grenades as anti vehicle but have frags distort vehicles. Throw them off balance or slow them down anything that doesn’t destroy them but negatively affects whoever just so happens to be riding inside.
>
> If anyone has an idea of the perfect anti vehicle grenade please share.
>
>
> Covenant vehicles should move fast and have high offensive capabilities BUT be extremely weak, single pilot oriented vehicles. Unless they are brute vehicles. Brutes sort of fall under their own weird vehicle tier.
>
>
> UNSC vehicles should be tougher than Covenant and deal extremely specif damage. UNSC vehicles should be mostly team dependent and be slower than the Covenants hovercraft. Also from the team dependency they should be allowed to store ammo that can be added to the vehicles from forge settings.
>
>
>
> If Promethean/Forerunner vehicles must be introduced I would say give them extremely powerful in the offence and defense areas but obvious weak points. Sort of like how the Covenant originally was.
>

I don’t think it’s necessary to nerf Plasma Nades, simply removing them from loadouts will solve a lot of problems. Anti-vehicle weapons are supposed to be relatively simple and self-explanatory, realistically, the covenant would WANT a sticky plasma grenade that deals heavy damage to armor, make little sense lore-wise to nerf Plasmas in this way.

> Covenant- Higher damage output but weaker armor along with a thin layer of shields. The reason for the thin layer of shields is so that Covenant vehicles can keep up the with more hit and run tactics without fear of being wiped out.

Higher damage with less armor is typically the covenant mentality, but not all vehicles need shields.

> Ghost- Give the Ghost double shot dual cannons like in CE but with the same rate of fire as Halo 4. Shields are half as strong as player shields.

Problem in the ghost currently lies in it’s armor, not it’s guns, but adding shields is not the way to go.
A weakness of the ghost is that its pilot is exposed, shields would negate this weakness.

Realistically, the ghost is too small a vehicle for shields to be viable. It’s a scout unit designed to move fast, and fight infantry, not to make a firefight for itself in the middle of the battlefield.

> Locust- Shields as powerful as 3x overshields ,walker unit, anti vehicle sniper unit. The longer the fire the more damage it does.

if i’m not mistaken, the Locust is supposed to be a Glass cannon, it deals a lot of damage with its plasma beam, but has Paper thin shields, and won’t get far with its armor.

3x shields is too much for this role.

> Banshee-
>
>
> Make it so that it work collisions don’t affect its hull integrity. Instead of having shields like the Wraith and ghost that stop enemy and ally specific damage. The Banshee will have shields that make it so it can handle collisions better. Giving it more ram and lets the pilot flip around with having the fear of dying when hitting a leap the wrong way. Cannons have minor piercing damage Banshee bomb has high AOE structure damage.
>
> Also allow the banshee bombs to do more damage to vehicles same for its plasma cannons and shields are as strong as normal player shields.
>

Collisions should be a punishment for bad flying, and should allow for Kamikaze strikes to be viable when on low-armor IMO.

Shields for banshee is a no for me, even if they are for surviving collisions.

By Buffing the Bombs’ effect on vehicle, you’re indirectly buffing it against infantry also, and that does NOT need to happen, but i do support Buffing Plasma Cannons.

> Wraith-
>
>
> Since i believe that Covenant vehicles should focus on the power of the single player rather than teamwork. Get rid of the middle turret and have a return of the side cannons from Halo 2. Just like the banshee the Wraith can switch between what it wants to fire. This will increases its overall damage output from its armor nerf. Main gun has slight SOE structure damage.
>
> Turrets are anti infantry and shields are as strong as player shields.
>

The wraith could actually do well with shields, making it more formidable against a Scorpion at mid-range, but at short range, it gives it an unfair advantage, so i’m not too sure.

The plasma cannon is for balance, and i think the single cannon should stay, i do agree, however, that the turret should be pilot-controlled, though. The short range of the cannon, and the long-range nature of the Wraith mean that a gunner is in an extraordinary open position, thus negating the point of a defense gunner; he can’t defend you if he’s dead.

> Shade Turrets- These have been useless because of how slow their projectiles have been. Increase the rate the projectiles fire. Has High piercing damage. Shields are as quarter as strong as player shields.

They’re useless because of they deal weak damage and have weak armor, projectile speed is fair to keep.
give it more armor and more damage, but no shields pls.
A good balance for a well-made shade would be that its operator is exposed. High turret power for a high-risk position is a decent model for a Turret to follow, but currently the Shade does not fit this criteria.

i’d comment on the UNSC in this post, but ran out of space :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, the scorpion needs to have the option so that we can ride on the treads. Also, I’ve noticed that players can drive the tank before the spartan is actually inside. So that needs to fix. It bothers me a bit.

> I don’t think it’s necessary to nerf Plasma Nades, simply removing them from loadouts will solve a lot of problems. Anti-vehicle weapons are supposed to be relatively simple and self-explanatory, realistically, the covenant would WANT a sticky plasma grenade that deals heavy damage to armor, make little sense lore-wise to nerf Plasmas in this way.
>
>
>
>
> > Covenant- Higher damage output but weaker armor along with a thin layer of shields. The reason for the thin layer of shields is so that Covenant vehicles can keep up the with more hit and run tactics without fear of being wiped out.
>
> Higher damage with less armor is typically the covenant mentality, but not all vehicles need shields.
>
>
>
>
> > Ghost- Give the Ghost double shot dual cannons like in CE but with the same rate of fire as Halo 4. Shields are half as strong as player shields.
>
> Problem in the ghost currently lies in it’s armor, not it’s guns, but adding shields is not the way to go.
> A weakness of the ghost is that its pilot is exposed, shields would negate this weakness.
>
> Realistically, the ghost is too small a vehicle for shields to be viable. It’s a scout unit designed to move fast, and fight infantry, not to make a firefight for itself in the middle of the battlefield.
>
>
>
> > Locust- Shields as powerful as 3x overshields ,walker unit, anti vehicle sniper unit. The longer the fire the more damage it does.
>
> if i’m not mistaken, the Locust is supposed to be a Glass cannon, it deals a lot of damage with its plasma beam, but has Paper thin shields, and won’t get far with its armor.
>
> 3x shields is too much for this role.
>
>
>
>
> > Banshee-
> >
> >
> > Make it so that it work collisions don’t affect its hull integrity. Instead of having shields like the Wraith and ghost that stop enemy and ally specific damage. The Banshee will have shields that make it so it can handle collisions better. Giving it more ram and lets the pilot flip around with having the fear of dying when hitting a leap the wrong way. Cannons have minor piercing damage Banshee bomb has high AOE structure damage.
> >
> > Also allow the banshee bombs to do more damage to vehicles same for its plasma cannons and shields are as strong as normal player shields.
> >

>
> Collisions should be a punishment for bad flying, and should allow for Kamikaze strikes to be viable when on low-armor IMO.
>
> Shields for banshee is a no for me, even if they are for surviving collisions.
>
> By Buffing the Bombs’ effect on vehicle, you’re indirectly buffing it against infantry also, and that does NOT need to happen, but i do support Buffing Plasma Cannons.
>
>
>
> > Wraith-
> >
> >
> > Since i believe that Covenant vehicles should focus on the power of the single player rather than teamwork. Get rid of the middle turret and have a return of the side cannons from Halo 2. Just like the banshee the Wraith can switch between what it wants to fire. This will increases its overall damage output from its armor nerf. Main gun has slight SOE structure damage.
> >
> > Turrets are anti infantry and shields are as strong as player shields.
> >

>
> The wraith could actually do well with shields, making it more formidable against a Scorpion at mid-range, but at short range, it gives it an unfair advantage, so i’m not too sure.
>
> The plasma cannon is for balance, and i think the single cannon should stay, i do agree, however, that the turret should be pilot-controlled, though. The short range of the cannon, and the long-range nature of the Wraith mean that a gunner is in an extraordinary open position, thus negating the point of a defense gunner; he can’t defend you if he’s dead.
>
>
>
> > Shade Turrets- These have been useless because of how slow their projectiles have been. Increase the rate the projectiles fire. Has High piercing damage. Shields are as quarter as strong as player shields.
>
> They’re useless because of they deal weak damage and have weak armor, projectile speed is fair to keep.
> give it more armor and more damage, but no shields pls.
> A good balance for a well-made shade would be that its operator is exposed. High turret power for a high-risk position is a decent model for a Turret to follow, but currently the Shade does not fit this criteria.
>
>
> i’d comment on the UNSC in this post, but ran out of space :stuck_out_tongue:

1. See i thought the samething too a while ago until i started playing custom games more on H4 and saw they were still extremely deadly to vehicles. Very unnecessarily deadly. Also please don’t hold these changes in the light of lore but only as MP features. If we went by lore everyone wouldn’t be using BR’s now.

2. If you believe the issue with e the ghost is its low armor and don’t want it to be a front line unit than my idea is exactly what you are looking for then. Making the Ghost more of a hit and run vehicle. The shields encourage this because of its low armor. So players won’t just float around fighting they will focus not only on their target but their shields.

The damage buff as well helps in its quick get in get out tactics.

1. 3x Overshields is nothing to a vehicle. In Halo wars it was weak to everything better to give it at least 1 advantage over infantry than nothing.

4.Regardless of health kamikazes will still happen if the pilot wishes it too. When i was first making my changes to the banshee i felt that the shield would keep it int he air for too long if it was just an energy shield. So decided to make it a shield specific to collisions. The collision shield is about the same health as a normal players shields absorbing instead of taking the damage. Keeping the pilot safe.

The only thing the shield will stop is a wrong turn or a rough landing. It won’t be stopping the banshee from being killed if it were to backflip into a base. Also making the it is possible to make it so that the banshee bomb does more damage to vehicles and not players. It won’t indirectly affect players who are out on their own and get a banshee bomb. Either way they are dead. The blast radius will be the same just he damage to vehicles will be higher and not is overall damage.

1. The main reason why i say the single should go over the dual cannons is to increase the damage output of the Wraith. Giving it two anti infantry cannons over one will help keep it safer from borders.

2. In Halo CE the Shade was at its best, other Halo games turned it into nothing more than a side show because of its slow rate of fire. When the AI use them they seem like okay weapons but when players use them they drop of the efficiency level because we can’t cheat.

A good balance for a turret/cannon like the shade is high damage but low durability.

1. I also ran out of room to type and was forced to delete the first part of the post. I understand where you points come from and it seems that our ideas conflict with each other easily. I’m looking forward to seeing what you have to say about he UNSC vehicles. I feel i did them more justice that Covenant with the ASU.

this is somewhat off topic but how about giving all vehicles an emergency eject function?

> this is somewhat off topic but how about giving all vehicles an emergency eject function?

I feel your comment if actually on topic. An issue i have is this it could be very damaging to vehicle combat unless…there was some sort of perk designed so that players are forcible ejected out of their vehicle when it has low health. Making it so players will leave a still operateable vehicle up for grabs and if a vehicle has low health this feature would prevent them from getting in it.

Another issue i have is that it only takes 1 second to get in most vehicles but reasonable tanks. SO the need for an eject button might be near useless. All it would take to have your own is proper timing. Like Dutch.

> 1. See i thought the samething too a while ago until i started playing custom games more on H4 and saw they were still extremely deadly to vehicles. Very unnecessarily deadly. Also please don’t hold these changes in the light of lore but only as MP features. If we went by lore everyone wouldn’t be using BR’s now.
>
> 2. If you believe the issue with e the ghost is its low armor and don’t want it to be a front line unit than my idea is exactly what you are looking for then. Making the Ghost more of a hit and run vehicle. The shields encourage this because of its low armor. So players won’t just float around fighting they will focus not only on their target but their shields.
>
> The damage buff as well helps in its quick get in get out tactics.
>
> 3. 3x Overshields is nothing to a vehicle. In Halo wars it was weak to everything better to give it at least 1 advantage over infantry than nothing.
>
> 4.Regardless of health kamikazes will still happen if the pilot wishes it too. When i was first making my changes to the banshee i felt that the shield would keep it int he air for too long if it was just an energy shield. So decided to make it a shield specific to collisions. The collision shield is about the same health as a normal players shields absorbing instead of taking the damage. Keeping the pilot safe.
>
> The only thing the shield will stop is a wrong turn or a rough landing. It won’t be stopping the banshee from being killed if it were to backflip into a base. Also making the it is possible to make it so that the banshee bomb does more damage to vehicles and not players. It won’t indirectly affect players who are out on their own and get a banshee bomb. Either way they are dead. The blast radius will be the same just he damage to vehicles will be higher and not is overall damage.
>
> 5. The main reason why i say the single should go over the dual cannons is to increase the damage output of the Wraith. Giving it two anti infantry cannons over one will help keep it safer from borders.
>
> 6. In Halo CE the Shade was at its best, other Halo games turned it into nothing more than a side show because of its slow rate of fire. When the AI use them they seem like okay weapons but when players use them they drop of the efficiency level because we can’t cheat.
>
> A good balance for a turret/cannon like the shade is high damage but low durability.
>
> 7. I also ran out of room to type and was forced to delete the first part of the post. I understand where you points come from and it seems that our ideas conflict with each other easily. I’m looking forward to seeing what you have to say about he UNSC vehicles. I feel i did them more justice that Covenant with the ASU.

1. Plasma grenades should be considered more of power weapons than mainline weapons. Currently, Plasma Grenades in H4 can typically destroy a warthog with 2 grenades. For Pickups and Ordinance, this is balanced, as it is not a very common event, and even if a warthog is stuck, it can still survive and continue fighting. Plasmas in Past games could kill hogs with one sticky sometimes, but it was still okay, because either the maps were infantry-oriented, or the map was very vehicle heavy.

2. Giving the ghost shields will encourage its use to be more passive and make it a bit of a pest. It disrupts balance a bit with warthogs, and becomes a little unbalanced against infantry, as small arms fire can be overridden by simply moving into cover for a second.

3. Last i checked, 3x overshields can withstand 3-4 rockets or 2-3 Direct spartan laser shots, the locust does not need that kind of tanking ability.

As long as the locust keeps its distance form other vehicles, and in some cases infantry, it should have no problem dealing damage to things.

1. Bad flying should be punished IMO, a pilot should known how their vehicle works, and how to prevent taking damage from stupid mistakes. I do think a little more forgiveness should be given to small bumps and such, but for Full-speed rams into walls or for flipping, that is the pilot’s fault, and he/she deserves to crash and explode if such happened.

2. A big balance factor of the wraith is it’s weaker ability to defend against boarders. The entire tank needs to face the target to fire, unlike the scorpion with its turret, and as such shouldn’t be changed to a two-cannon system. Also, a good wraith pilot should keep an eye on radar, and should be ready to boost away if danger approaches

6.CE shade was meh IMO, it was indestructible but it was a bit bad with projectiles. H4 shade is a bullet hose, but it’s a bit big. Even still, it would benefit from just a simple armor increase, and the ability to shoot upwards.

1. I’ll comment the UNSC at some point :stuck_out_tongue:

I would have post this reply in much more detail, but waypoint decided to give me a refresh error, and i lost the entire post. I wasn’t really willing to type that whole thing out again…

also, nice quote fail :T

> I feel your comment if actually on topic. An issue i have is this it could be very damaging to vehicle combat unless…there was some sort of perk designed so that players are forcible ejected out of their vehicle when it has low health.

There’s already a perk for that, actually. A bit different that what you stated here, as it ejects you right as the vehicle gets destroyed but it’s there.

I would rather 343i get rid of perks completely though.

The perfect anti-vehicle grenade would be c4 which would basically be detonated by trying to throw another one, but instead of throwing it you would basically push a button to detonate your c4

> The perfect anti-vehicle grenade would be c4 which would basically be detonated by trying to throw another one, but instead of throwing it you would basically push a button to detonate your c4

C4 are you referring to the plastic explosive used in the 21 century?

The UNSC has C12 and its more explosive gram for gram then C4.