Changing my NAT

I am currently stuck on a STRICT NAT.

Any suggestions or a link to change it!

Thanks

You need to setup port forwarding on your router. OR enable DMZ mode and put your xbox one in it.

http://bit.ly/1zpcBgG

I’m not sure how it works, but I noticed my 360 is set to “strict” but my Xbox One is “open”. Not sure why they’re different.

Even with an Open Nat, you still won’t find a game.

However, depending on your ISP you’ll have different methods of opening your NAT type. Figure out what provider you have and router, then go to youtube and there should be tutorial videos that go step by step.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

Either of those should help get you started.

> 2533274804051515;5:
> http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live
>
> http://portforward.com/
>
> Either of those should help get you started.

Thanks!

If you are still on an open NAT and can’t find a game i suggest you this topic: Matchmaking finding game GUIDE

If you can’t put your NAT on OPEN just type it on Youtube, there’s plenty of video about ti.

Was a pleasure,

• Brian

portforward your xbox and halo servers

If you once had an OPEN Nat, I would first try hard resetting your Xbox. If that doesn’t work, disconnect your modem for 30 seconds followed by a hard another hard reset to the xbox. If that fails, do the port forwarding/triggering. Also, make sure that PnP is checked on your modem. As stated, this won’t help you find matches any faster, but it will help with overall connectivity issues…

I would not trust XBLs display of your Nat Type ATM its been very buggy, do an online Nat test through the IE app on the Xbox to get a more accurate read

Not that I know how to help, because I don’t, but just thought I’d note that I used to have strict/moderate NAT on halo 2 back when 360 first came out and it basically disallowed me from partying up with my friends. Hope you can fix it.

> 2549359074784857;1:
> I am currently stuck on a STRICT NAT.
>
> Any suggestions or a link to change it!
>
> Thanks

Make sure you port forward 3074 UDP/TCP.

You’ll need to set your XB1 to have a static IP as well, so that the port forwarding knows which IP its allowing.

There is a bug in the X1 where your NAT can sometimes go strict if you use instant on mode.

If your NAT was previously open then don’t use port forwarding especially if you also own a 360.

If you use UPnP you can often force open the NAT by going to the xbox one settings app then doing a multiplayer test.

Once multiplayer test has finished press and hold both triggers and bumper buttons until the detailed network screen appears.

Once the detailed network screen appears press A and it should force open the NAT. You may have to do this twice.

I do what Malacath said and it works pretty well. It only works for me when after the test it says something about being behind a “cone NAT”. If it says “Upnp” then i keep doing the multiplayer network test and pressing the triggers/bumpers until it says “cone NAT” again. There’s a youtube video about this trick too. Works for me anyway, but have to do it damn ear every time i want to play on live lol.

> 2533274801111401;7:
> If you are still on an open NAT and can’t find a game i suggest you this topic: Matchmaking finding game GUIDE
>
> If you can’t put your NAT on OPEN just type it on Youtube, there’s plenty of video about ti.
>
> Was a pleasure,
> - Brian

Yep did it thank you!

problem ive had when you port foward its not taking, what i think is going on in my case is im double nat, (one throuigh router one through modem) so i have 2 options either call att and bridge them or buy a new router, neither sound good but if you have trouble with them sticking that is most likely the reason FYI

I just used Malacath’s suggestion, and my XBox is now showing an Open NAT where it was Strict before. Thanks!

Opening your nat should improve your matchmaking times but I’m still getting “Failed to Connect to host” even with my ports(xbox live’s ports) open. To get an open nat simply open the four ports that are used by your xbox to connect to xbox live, via your web browser. Look up a tutorial on google. Be aware sometimes the xbox can miss rate your nat as well.