Changes to vehicles based on damage?

I think most of us can agree that Halo 4’s vehicle health system is awful. My suggestion is to bring back Halo 3’s health system, but change up how vehicles behave when they get damaged. For example;

• The Warthog’s tires can get flats and become harder to control. Eventually the tires will reseal themselves, noticeably bouncing up a few inches to alert the driver.- When the Scorpion or Wraith takes enough damage to knock off some of it’s armor, it gets a minor speed boost for each piece of armor missing.- The banshee’s boost becomes much faster when it’s missing enough of it’s armor, maybe to allow you to do a suicide dive attack just before you blow up?- Bring back the Ghost’s fuel tank as a weakness if it hasn’t already been put in the game, I think Halo 4 already had the tank though, so it shouldn’t be hard.
    Not too sure how any of these ideas would actually turn out, but I just thought I’d make the suggestion.

Would be a fun idea to test out in the beta.

I agree with this idea. It adds an extra element to the vehicles that they deeply need. Also Halo 4 health system for vehicles was pretty terrible.

Hm, cool idea.

I think that would be an awesome addition if executed properly during beta.

As long as I can blow-up the Banshee by driving it into a cliff or building, I’ll be fine. I’ve always wanted to kamikaze in every Halo game, but the Banshee never gets damaged.

I wouldn’t argue with vehicles becoming harder to maneuver when damaged but I draw the line at anything that would boost them so no added speed because crafty gamers would shoot up their own rides first if it allows them to be more elusive and harder to hit.

nope halo 4 had the best vehicle health h3 is garbage for vehicles

Honestly, I hope they go back to the H3 vehicle system, at least then vehicles will be worth something in battle, rather than rolling multi-kills for the enemy team and vice-versa.

This is coming from someone whos had his fair share of spawn camps by enemy vehicles in the past. Hell, it feels good shutting out a rampaging warthog with a well placed frag, breaking up the spawn camping.

The other thing that would spice vehicles up a bit is having alternated skins on various maps so that some are classic and some are new. If you have seen the H2A heretic banshee in campaign and multiplayer it looks different and in H2A mp it shoots crazy orange energy rounds.

> 2533274842698940;8:
> nope halo 4 had the best vehicle health h3 is garbage for vehicles

Care to explain your reasoning?

I happen to think that this is a rather neat idea, honestly. I would love to see a more dynamic element to vehicles, which has really been needed in Halo. As long as the effects aren’t too too big, it could be fun.

Great idea!

> 2533274839169051;10:
> The other thing that would spice vehicles up a bit is having alternated skins on various maps so that some are classic and some are new. If you have seen the H2A heretic banshee in campaign and multiplayer it looks different and in H2A mp it shoots crazy orange energy rounds.

Frozen warthog?

I would love to see an infected scorpion with flood pods pouring out of the cockpit.

Id prefer it be either H3 style and more tied to the player or Hce campaign style and display vehicle health.
Id prefer damage to be cosmetic/visual display of health than affecting preformance.