Changes to Tier 3 REQ Variants

There are a few Tier 3 REQ Variants (such as the Pool of Radiance and Arrow of Time) that really feel inferior to their respective Tier 2s. So, I’ve thought of a few suggestions to give these weapons more bang for their buck.

Echidna: Echidna can EMP vehicles. That’s about it. So in order to exemplify its position as a supposed Anti-Vehicle Weapon, Echidna should be able to Lock On to vehicles without havng to ADS.

Pool of Radiance: Despite the changes made to it recently, Light of Urs still presents a better option. So, I decided to rework the Pool of Radiance’s AoE effect. Instead of basically being a few after explosions, the Fuel Rods fired from the Pool of Radiance instead leave a small pool of toxic and irradiated liquid that lasts for about 3 seconds. The damage inflicted when moving through this AoE would function as a less-powerful version of the Fire you can place in Forge.

Talon of the Lost: While being able to Supercombine on Vehicles and anything else is nothing to scoff at, the fact that the Talon of the Lost doesn’t deal any additional damage to account for being able to explode on higher-health targets. Talon of the Lost should have increased Supercombine damage and a larger explosion radius, as well as having a slightly increased range (only slightly).

Arrow of Time: No descope and an extended mag? It seems great, but in practice Arrow of Time is an extremely underwhelming weapon. Therefore, I think that Arrow of Time should have an additional, third zoom level to increase its accuracy at extremely long ranges.

These are just my thoughts and suggestions. If you have any ideas, share them below.

Edit: Apparently High Five can Lock On to Spartans. I haven’t used it enough in either Super Fiesta or Warzone, apparently.

> 2533274950478805;1:
> There are a few Tier 3 REQ Variants (such as the Pool of Radiance and HIgh Five) that really feel inferior to their respective Tier 2s. So, I’ve thought of a few suggestions to give these weapons more bang for their buck.
>
> High Five: Objectively it has no advantage over the standard Rocket Launcher besides the fact that it can lock onto Ground Vehicles. Since the High Five fires Hydra Missiles instead of standard warheads, I thought it would not only be better, but logical, that the High Five should be capable of homing in on both Infantry and Vehicles.
>
> Pool of Radiance: Despite the changes made to it recently, Light of Urs still presents a better option. So, I decided to rework the Pool of Radiance’s AoE effect. Instead of basically being a few after explosions, the Fuel Rods fired from the Pool of Radiance instead leave a small pool of toxic and irradiated liquid that lasts for about 3 seconds. The damage inflicted when moving through this AoE would function as a less-powerful version of the Fire you can place in Forge.
>
> Talon of the Lost: While being able to Supercombine on Vehicles and anything else is nothing to scoff at, the fact that the Talon of the Lost doesn’t deal any additional damage to account for being able to explode on higher-health targets. Talon of the Lost should have increased Supercombine damage and a larger explosion radius, as well as having a slightly increased range (only slightly).
>
> Arrow of Time: No descope and an extended mag? It seems great, but in practice Arrow of Time is an extremely underwhelming weapon. Therefore, I think that Arrow of Time should have an additional, third zoom level to increase its accuracy at extremely long ranges.
>
> These are just my thoughts and suggestions. If you have any ideas, share them below.

The high five can lock onto enemy Spartans as well.

> 2533274880633045;2:
> > 2533274950478805;1:
> > There are a few Tier 3 REQ Variants (such as the Pool of Radiance and HIgh Five) that really feel inferior to their respective Tier 2s. So, I’ve thought of a few suggestions to give these weapons more bang for their buck.
> >
> > High Five: Objectively it has no advantage over the standard Rocket Launcher besides the fact that it can lock onto Ground Vehicles. Since the High Five fires Hydra Missiles instead of standard warheads, I thought it would not only be better, but logical, that the High Five should be capable of homing in on both Infantry and Vehicles.
> >
> > Pool of Radiance: Despite the changes made to it recently, Light of Urs still presents a better option. So, I decided to rework the Pool of Radiance’s AoE effect. Instead of basically being a few after explosions, the Fuel Rods fired from the Pool of Radiance instead leave a small pool of toxic and irradiated liquid that lasts for about 3 seconds. The damage inflicted when moving through this AoE would function as a less-powerful version of the Fire you can place in Forge.
> >
> > Talon of the Lost: While being able to Supercombine on Vehicles and anything else is nothing to scoff at, the fact that the Talon of the Lost doesn’t deal any additional damage to account for being able to explode on higher-health targets. Talon of the Lost should have increased Supercombine damage and a larger explosion radius, as well as having a slightly increased range (only slightly).
> >
> > Arrow of Time: No descope and an extended mag? It seems great, but in practice Arrow of Time is an extremely underwhelming weapon. Therefore, I think that Arrow of Time should have an additional, third zoom level to increase its accuracy at extremely long ranges.
> >
> > These are just my thoughts and suggestions. If you have any ideas, share them below.
>
>
> The high five can lock onto enemy Spartans as well.

Odd. It never did that for me in Super Fiesta. Do you have to ADS?

> 2533274950478805;3:
> > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > 2533274950478805;1:
> > > There are a few Tier 3 REQ Variants (such as the Pool of Radiance and HIgh Five) that really feel inferior to their respective Tier 2s. So, I’ve thought of a few suggestions to give these weapons more bang for their buck.
> > >
> > > High Five: Objectively it has no advantage over the standard Rocket Launcher besides the fact that it can lock onto Ground Vehicles. Since the High Five fires Hydra Missiles instead of standard warheads, I thought it would not only be better, but logical, that the High Five should be capable of homing in on both Infantry and Vehicles.
> > >
> > > Pool of Radiance: Despite the changes made to it recently, Light of Urs still presents a better option. So, I decided to rework the Pool of Radiance’s AoE effect. Instead of basically being a few after explosions, the Fuel Rods fired from the Pool of Radiance instead leave a small pool of toxic and irradiated liquid that lasts for about 3 seconds. The damage inflicted when moving through this AoE would function as a less-powerful version of the Fire you can place in Forge.
> > >
> > > Talon of the Lost: While being able to Supercombine on Vehicles and anything else is nothing to scoff at, the fact that the Talon of the Lost doesn’t deal any additional damage to account for being able to explode on higher-health targets. Talon of the Lost should have increased Supercombine damage and a larger explosion radius, as well as having a slightly increased range (only slightly).
> > >
> > > Arrow of Time: No descope and an extended mag? It seems great, but in practice Arrow of Time is an extremely underwhelming weapon. Therefore, I think that Arrow of Time should have an additional, third zoom level to increase its accuracy at extremely long ranges.
> > >
> > > These are just my thoughts and suggestions. If you have any ideas, share them below.
> >
> >
> > The high five can lock onto enemy Spartans as well.
>
>
> Odd. It never did that for me in Super Fiesta. Do you have to ADS?

Yeah, you scope in and it locks on. It’s great to set back and basically snipe with the thing. It is about useless if you don’t lock on to anything though.

> 2533274880633045;4:
> > 2533274950478805;3:
> > > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > > 2533274950478805;1:
> > > > There are a few Tier 3 REQ Variants (such as the Pool of Radiance and HIgh Five) that really feel inferior to their respective Tier 2s. So, I’ve thought of a few suggestions to give these weapons more bang for their buck.
> > > >
> > > > High Five: Objectively it has no advantage over the standard Rocket Launcher besides the fact that it can lock onto Ground Vehicles. Since the High Five fires Hydra Missiles instead of standard warheads, I thought it would not only be better, but logical, that the High Five should be capable of homing in on both Infantry and Vehicles.
> > > >
> > > > Pool of Radiance: Despite the changes made to it recently, Light of Urs still presents a better option. So, I decided to rework the Pool of Radiance’s AoE effect. Instead of basically being a few after explosions, the Fuel Rods fired from the Pool of Radiance instead leave a small pool of toxic and irradiated liquid that lasts for about 3 seconds. The damage inflicted when moving through this AoE would function as a less-powerful version of the Fire you can place in Forge.
> > > >
> > > > Talon of the Lost: While being able to Supercombine on Vehicles and anything else is nothing to scoff at, the fact that the Talon of the Lost doesn’t deal any additional damage to account for being able to explode on higher-health targets. Talon of the Lost should have increased Supercombine damage and a larger explosion radius, as well as having a slightly increased range (only slightly).
> > > >
> > > > Arrow of Time: No descope and an extended mag? It seems great, but in practice Arrow of Time is an extremely underwhelming weapon. Therefore, I think that Arrow of Time should have an additional, third zoom level to increase its accuracy at extremely long ranges.
> > > >
> > > > These are just my thoughts and suggestions. If you have any ideas, share them below.
> > >
> > >
> > > The high five can lock onto enemy Spartans as well.
> >
> >
> > Odd. It never did that for me in Super Fiesta. Do you have to ADS?
>
>
> Yeah, you scope in and it locks on. It’s great to set back and basically snipe with the thing. It is about useless if you don’t lock on to anything though.

Ah. Then I guess I’ll replace my paragraph on it with my suggestions on Echidna, which I totally forgot to add.

> 2533274950478805;5:
> > 2533274880633045;4:
> > > 2533274950478805;3:
> > > > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > > > 2533274950478805;1:
> > > > > There are a few Tier 3 REQ Variants (such as the Pool of Radiance and HIgh Five) that really feel inferior to their respective Tier 2s. So, I’ve thought of a few suggestions to give these weapons more bang for their buck.
> > > > >
> > > > > High Five: Objectively it has no advantage over the standard Rocket Launcher besides the fact that it can lock onto Ground Vehicles. Since the High Five fires Hydra Missiles instead of standard warheads, I thought it would not only be better, but logical, that the High Five should be capable of homing in on both Infantry and Vehicles.
> > > > >
> > > > > Pool of Radiance: Despite the changes made to it recently, Light of Urs still presents a better option. So, I decided to rework the Pool of Radiance’s AoE effect. Instead of basically being a few after explosions, the Fuel Rods fired from the Pool of Radiance instead leave a small pool of toxic and irradiated liquid that lasts for about 3 seconds. The damage inflicted when moving through this AoE would function as a less-powerful version of the Fire you can place in Forge.
> > > > >
> > > > > Talon of the Lost: While being able to Supercombine on Vehicles and anything else is nothing to scoff at, the fact that the Talon of the Lost doesn’t deal any additional damage to account for being able to explode on higher-health targets. Talon of the Lost should have increased Supercombine damage and a larger explosion radius, as well as having a slightly increased range (only slightly).
> > > > >
> > > > > Arrow of Time: No descope and an extended mag? It seems great, but in practice Arrow of Time is an extremely underwhelming weapon. Therefore, I think that Arrow of Time should have an additional, third zoom level to increase its accuracy at extremely long ranges.
> > > > >
> > > > > These are just my thoughts and suggestions. If you have any ideas, share them below.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The high five can lock onto enemy Spartans as well.
> > >
> > >
> > > Odd. It never did that for me in Super Fiesta. Do you have to ADS?
> >
> >
> > Yeah, you scope in and it locks on. It’s great to set back and basically snipe with the thing. It is about useless if you don’t lock on to anything though.
>
>
> Ah. Then I guess I’ll replace my paragraph on it with my suggestions on Echidna, which I totally forgot to add.

No worries, It would be nice if it the multiple projectiles exploded on proximity when fired from the hip.

> 2533274880633045;6:
> > 2533274950478805;5:
> > > 2533274880633045;4:
> > > > 2533274950478805;3:
> > > > > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > > > > 2533274950478805;1:
> > > > > > There are a few Tier 3 REQ Variants (such as the Pool of Radiance and HIgh Five) that really feel inferior to their respective Tier 2s. So, I’ve thought of a few suggestions to give these weapons more bang for their buck.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > High Five: Objectively it has no advantage over the standard Rocket Launcher besides the fact that it can lock onto Ground Vehicles. Since the High Five fires Hydra Missiles instead of standard warheads, I thought it would not only be better, but logical, that the High Five should be capable of homing in on both Infantry and Vehicles.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Pool of Radiance: Despite the changes made to it recently, Light of Urs still presents a better option. So, I decided to rework the Pool of Radiance’s AoE effect. Instead of basically being a few after explosions, the Fuel Rods fired from the Pool of Radiance instead leave a small pool of toxic and irradiated liquid that lasts for about 3 seconds. The damage inflicted when moving through this AoE would function as a less-powerful version of the Fire you can place in Forge.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Talon of the Lost: While being able to Supercombine on Vehicles and anything else is nothing to scoff at, the fact that the Talon of the Lost doesn’t deal any additional damage to account for being able to explode on higher-health targets. Talon of the Lost should have increased Supercombine damage and a larger explosion radius, as well as having a slightly increased range (only slightly).
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Arrow of Time: No descope and an extended mag? It seems great, but in practice Arrow of Time is an extremely underwhelming weapon. Therefore, I think that Arrow of Time should have an additional, third zoom level to increase its accuracy at extremely long ranges.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > These are just my thoughts and suggestions. If you have any ideas, share them below.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > The high five can lock onto enemy Spartans as well.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Odd. It never did that for me in Super Fiesta. Do you have to ADS?
> > >
> > >
> > > Yeah, you scope in and it locks on. It’s great to set back and basically snipe with the thing. It is about useless if you don’t lock on to anything though.
> >
> >
> > Ah. Then I guess I’ll replace my paragraph on it with my suggestions on Echidna, which I totally forgot to add.
>
>
> No worries, It would be nice if it the multiple projectiles exploded on proximity when fired from the hip.

Cough Ad Victorium Cough

Good ideas m8, although I do like the pool of radiance as is, it wrecks vehicles with the multiple explosions

Very cool. Can I add I’d like to see the Arc Light be granted the Whiplash’s proximity detonation?

Pool of Radiance is not useless. It’s good against vehicles and AI. Like really good against AI. You can melt the Warden with 2 PoR crossing him. Urs is better against Spartans, but I think PoR is better. Talon of the Lost is much the same.

A better solution would be to match tier 2 and 3 RP requirements so that you can choose to be more effective against Spartans or vehicles/AI.

Buff the Arrow of Time so that it can head shot people with the armor mod.