Changes to make halo 4 successful

I put a lot of thought into the stuff below and how to make it so all audiences can find this game appealing and making it more balanced. I would appreciate your thoughts on what i wrote below.

Playlists

Big team Battle
No loadouts-Default loadout is BR, Pistol, Grenade pick up perk, 1 frag.
Weapons spawn on map such as DMR, Plasma grenade, rockets, Armor abilities ect. like traditional halo games.
No insta-spawn
In game CSR
Lower Vehicle Splatter Damage

Big team infinity slayer
Similar to now with changes listed below (includes loadouts)
Lower PP to 75% charge
Remove some ammo from boltshot
lower Plasma grenade spawn number to 1.
No CSR
No insta-spawn

Team slayer

Weapons spawn on map such as DMR, Plasma grenade, rockets, Armor abilities ect. like traditional halo games.
No insta-spawn
In game CSR

Infinity slayer
Lower PP to 75% charge
No CSR
No insta-spawn

Swat
In game CSR
No insta-spawn

CTF
Removed

Extraction
Removed

Team Objective
Add CTF
Add Extraction
Lower PP to 75% charge
No CSR
No insta-spawn

Action sack
No CSR

Snipers
In game CSR
No insta-spawn

Grifball
No CSR

Flood
No CSR
Add custom maps
Add custom gametypes
(you can get both from a community contest)

Doubles
No insta-spawn
In game CSR

Dominion
(includes loadouts)
No CSR
No insta-spawn

Regicide
Remove

Throwdown
Removed

FFA
Same as majestic FFA with following changes (includes loadouts)
All Small maps added
Lower PP to 75% charge
No CSR
No insta-spawn

Lone wolfs

FFA
No insta-spawn
In game CSR

Universal changes
Ordnance can spawn grenades, power ups, or non power weapons (things like DMR, Carbine, ect) But not power weapons
You can’t use camo while using a sniper weapon.
Add campaign and Spartan ops Scoring
Add skulls to Spartan ops
Add campaign and Spartan ops theater
Ability to choose which which recent film to watch without downloading it (like reach)
Party details doesnt show you any details. Make it show you the same info that reach does
Good connection option
Bring back all the custom games options that are missing
Add new custom game options like turing off sprint
Make X the same color as reach’s
Make it last a couple seconds
Disconnect it from the body and stay at area of death
Add the yellow damage indicator to persons tag
Make it so when someone is speaking their tag turns white.

So, essentially you think Halo 3 + Infinity can make Halo 4 successful? It already is. It just needs improvements is all.

And remove CTF? Hell to the no. CTF is a premier/classic gametype that has always been there and will always remain. Many make use of it for Perfections.

> So, essentially you think Halo 3 + Infinity can make Halo 4 successful? It already is. It just needs improvements is all.
>
> And remove CTF? Hell to the no. CTF is a premier/classic gametype that has always been there and will always remain. Many make use of it for Perfections.

Remove the playlist and add it to Objective.
Also the Ranked playlist would have the updated ordnance that i posted in the universal changes.

We need a new developer that won’t make false claims about the fans wanting a progression system when the majority didn’t.

> We need a new developer that won’t make false claims about the fans wanting a progression system when the majority didn’t.

Really?

Then why was Arena so “popular” in Reach and why did the population flock to the cR Jackpot playlists? When they were announced?

@OP: TLDR.

Though I never really did care for “If my setup the playlists how I want them to, the game will suddenly flourish” posts. Especially ones that, if the other poster in this thread is correct with his summary, seek to gut the game and dress up the corpse so it resembles older games.

> > We need a new developer that won’t make false claims about the fans wanting a progression system when the majority didn’t.
>
> Really?
>
> Then why was Arena so “popular” in Reach and why did the population flock to the cR Jackpot playlists? When they were announced?
>
> @OP: TLDR.
>
> Though I never really did care for “If my setup the playlists how I want them to, the game will suddenly flourish” posts. Especially ones that, if the other poster in this thread is correct with his summary, seek to gut the game and dress up the corpse so it resembles older games.

I’ve actually been thinking that the people who would be interested in Arena didn’t play it as some sort of lame “protest” to make the game more like Halo 2. Rather then playing to be the best Reach player, they wanted to continue playing to be the best 2 player.

> > We need a new developer that won’t make false claims about the fans wanting a progression system when the majority didn’t.
>
> Really?
>
> Then why was Arena so “popular” in Reach and why did the population flock to the cR Jackpot playlists? When they were announced?
>
>
> Though I never really did care for “If my setup the playlists how I want them to, the game will suddenly flourish” posts. Especially ones that, if the other poster in this thread is correct with his summary, seek to gut the game and dress up the corpse so it resembles older games.

But nothing is being gutted out, a few dead objective playlist are being moved to objective its self, a few changes to the playlist to make them more balanced, a few changes to the way the game is in general to make it more balanced, and then just a few new playlist that play more Competitively. That’s not gutting at all.

All I saw was that you wanted to remove the 1 playlist I play lol

Throwdown is the only playlist I get any enjoyment out of these days, thank you for taking that from me:P

Other than tweaks to the gametypes I think what they really need to have is a social and ranked division. Within those have multiple more general playlists each with thier own FFA, team slayer, and general war games playlists(objective, slayer, mix). More similar to Halo 3’s style of division.

>
> Really?
>
>
>

…they flocked to those cR playlists because Arena sucked and there was no other alternative.

I’m ok with most of the game type changes, less of the Universal ones.

The only ones I have a major problem with is:

Atleast one infinity playlist should be ranked.
Grifball should have Rank, its a team sport.
And Team Objective should be ranked but with custom Loadouts.

> All I saw was that you wanted to remove the 1 playlist I play lol
>
> Throwdown is the only playlist I get any enjoyment out of these days, thank you for taking that from me:P

Haha, well team slayer would replace that.

Other than a few things, they wouldn’t be too bad of changes. So this could be good.

> We need a new developer that won’t make false claims about the fans wanting a progression system when the majority didn’t.

Bungie adds progression system in Halo 3

Bungie adds progression system for each playlist in Halo 3

Bungie adds progression system in Reach

343i adds progression system in Halo 4

Guess we’ve been needing a new developer since after Halo 2… -_-

So many things need to change and yet the problem is actually too many to begin with.

Once you change developers though, you cannot have the same quality game and it’s never been more obvious. The population tells the story.

The lag, poor maps, grenade warping, terribly executed CoD features which cause horrible imbalance.

The game looks and feels like another company was told to make a shooter but the characters have to look like red and blue cyborgs and throw in some vehicles that look like this and you’ve done it. Slap the title Halo 4 on and rake in the cash.

It worked but the gig is up and the gamers have spoken. They didn’t want a CoDified Halo but I don’t think it is the entire problem so much as developer switch. I think they knew the game was shaping up as garbage hence no beta. Had they had a beta it would have crushed sales.

Sad what happened. This was my favorite game of all time.