Changes that need to be PRIORITY 1 & 2!!

I know there are a lot of issues with Halo 4 that have been established already, but I though I’d put the two most prominent ones (in my opinion) so 343i can understand.

Firstly, Flinch. This ruins maps with long sight lines and it becomes a boring DMR fest. It is just one of the many crutches that players need in order to do better. Why did they even add it? For the sake of change? FLINCH SUCKS and should be removed from Halo 4. And I understand that at this point it probably can’t be removed from Halo 4. But for the sake of the game itself, do not place this abomination in Halo 5!!

Secondly, the Boltshot. Halo 4’s version of Armor Lock.
Remember when you had a guy beat in Halo 3? You removed his shields and then he ran with his tail between his legs around a corner? And he was defenseless against your superior skill? In comes the Boltshot. The ultimate noob tool saving scrubs since November 6. This weapon is the main reason I’m reluctant to play Infinity Slayer anymore. When players start roaming with the Boltshot out instead of their PRIMARY out, you know something is wrong with the balance of the game.
I mean c’mon… this weapon makes having automatic weapons in the game pointless. How can they create a secondary weapon that dominates CQC scenarios even better than the automatic weapons… SMH
I refuse to use it for the same reason I didn’t use AL. It is a cheap way of making yourself look good when in reality, you aren’t.

Supposedly they are working on a sandbox TU that will come out eventually. If this thing isn’t nerfed to oblivion then 343i will fail to make Halo 4 a balanced game. And if it isn’t nerfed to a point where it’s acceptable, then they will lose a bunch of players (myself included) from their fanbase, because if they couldn’t balance it in Halo 4, why should we trust them to do so in Halo 5?

These two problems have already been established and it seems like they both have the same consensus. They <mark>HURT</mark> Halo gameplay more than offer anything else. Thoughts?

If they would just make the boltshot a drop rather than a loadout weapon I would be satisfied.

I was MILDLY irritated at the fact that the boltshot and AC are in Loadouts UNTIL, 343i released the latest update to ‘fix’ the screwup w/crimson DLC and NOT EVEN ADDRESS problems w/GAME FUNCTION…

Now, I’M HIGHLY irritated and NOT PLAYING H4 closing down at a respectalbe(?) SR 117 until the CORRECT PROBLEMS ARE ADDRESSED and 343i shows SOME RESPONSIBILTY in H4 MP.

#1 ACTIVE CAMMO & BOLTSHOT REMOVED FROM LOADOUTS.

That’s just, like, H4 MP man.

What about the more obvious stuff:

-disappearing weapons
-crosshair coming up late after sprinting
-long shield recharge waiting time
-marines frequently shooting at corpses
-no zooming in while in Monitor mode (I’m not sure if this is still an issue)

The Bolt Shot won’t be removed from the loadouts. It should be heavily nerfed, Lower the damage by a great deal and reduce it’s range drastically and then the Bolt Shot shall be fine.

> If they would just make the boltshot a drop rather than a loadout weapon I would be satisfied.

Active Camo needs to be in a drop as well.

> Firstly, Flinch. This ruins maps with long sight lines and it becomes a <mark>boring DMR fest</mark>.quote]
> Sorry but I stop there because:
> Halo 1: Pistol Fest
> Halo 2/3: BR Fest
> Halo Reach: DMR Fest
> Point is there will always be that one go to weapon everyone just has to use.

> I was MILDLY irritated at the fact that the boltshot and AC are in Loadouts UNTIL, 343i released the latest update to ‘fix’ the screwup w/crimson DLC and NOT EVEN ADDRESS problems w/GAME FUNCTION…
>
>
> Now, I’M HIGHLY irritated and NOT PLAYING H4 closing down at a respectalbe(?) SR 117 until the CORRECT PROBLEMS ARE ADDRESSED and 343i shows SOME RESPONSIBILTY in H4 MP.
>
> #1 ACTIVE CAMMO & BOLTSHOT REMOVED FROM LOADOUTS.

The update was likely pushed out by MS to fix the Crimson glitch and it was never intended to fix anything else. A new TU is underway that is focused on balance and sandbox issues. Chill dude.

The boltshot is seriously easy enough to avoid. You can hear it charge, you can assume the enemy will have it, don’t rush people, use PV…ADAPT.

SR ranks aren’t ever “respectable” in the sense that they mean anything. They just show that you have played the game a lot.

As far as active camo goes, once you know a guy is using it you know to watch out for it, watch for movement, pay attention to radar…adapt. I would agree with them deciding to nerf it a little…make you less completely invisible…but it seriously is not that big of an issue.

> I was MILDLY irritated at the fact that the boltshot and AC are in Loadouts UNTIL, 343i released the latest update to ‘fix’ the screwup w/crimson DLC and NOT EVEN ADDRESS problems w/GAME FUNCTION…
>
>
> Now, I’M HIGHLY irritated and NOT PLAYING H4 closing down at a respectalbe(?) SR 117 until the CORRECT PROBLEMS ARE ADDRESSED and 343i shows SOME RESPONSIBILTY in H4 MP.
>
> #1 ACTIVE CAMMO & BOLTSHOT REMOVED FROM LOADOUTS.

Hopefully all that time you spend not playing Halo, will be spent also not on Halo forums.

> The boltshot is seriously easy enough to avoid. You can hear it charge, you can assume the enemy will have it, don’t rush people, use PV…ADAPT.
>
> …
>
> As far as active camo goes, once you know a guy is using it you know to watch out for it, watch for movement, pay attention to radar…adapt. I would agree with them deciding to nerf it a little…make you less completely invisible…but it seriously is not that big of an issue.

I would accept that argument for any other piece of equipment in the game, except that these are loadout pieces. If you kill someone who has rockets, sniper, shotgun, or any of the use ordnance weapons or powerups, then it’s done, you’ve killed them, eliminated the threat. But those with the Boltshot get to use it again. Those with camo get to use it again, at their leisure, without having earned it. I still don’t know whose idea it was to make active camo (previously a POWER UP) into something you get at the start, and the boltshot is basically a Halo 3 mauler.

Them’s the facts. If you want to tell me to adapt to people using overpowered pieces of equipment, then you’re telling me that having anything other than two loadouts is pointless: one that uses boltshot and camo and anything else to promote fighting at close range with my close range power weapon, and another that counters this with PV and probably another boltshot.

I want the game fixed.

I DON’T CARE how EASY it is to COUNTER, it is DETRIMENTAL TO OPTIMAL GAME PLAY…

When the top ‘skilled’ players have already said it should not be there, and constantly use it as a powerweapon IT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS…but apparently not…same w/Active Cammo.

The main problem of matchmaking in my opinion is that 343 has severely altered Halo gameplay, causing the multiplayer to be unbalanced.
I don’t recognise the gameplay as Halo. Clearly, 343 haven’t measured the consequences of the changes they made to the game. Adding custom equipments and giving away powerful weapons have ruined the experience I loved to play. Others like it, but one thing is for sure: this isn’t Halo. You’ll like it or hate it, but this gameplay has nothing to do with Halo3 or Reach. In fact, I believe 343 tried to make the game suitable for CoD players, creating a monstrous hybrid.