Changes in Anniversary Shield System?

This is my first time making a thread here, so please be sympathetic if I get anything wrong :3.

Alright, so onto the topic. In the new Gamescom videos, is it showing standard Reach gameplay or is it updated with the upcoming Title Update? Because… if you check the video link at the bottom, and head to around 0:55 - 0:58 seconds, it appears that the red guy pummels the blue guy without taking out the entirety of his shields.

There’s a few other things in the video, some parts where it obviously shows rocks blocking out tunnel entrances, such as 0:18, and a few other instances.

Thanks for reading! Here’s the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhCi7zDKAko

Oh yay! Shields work properly now!

It appears to be showcasing the changes being made in the classic playlist come TU. Also, the caves were mentioned to be on the map, but easily blockable by forge pieces.

> It appears to be showcasing the changes being made in the classic playlist come TU. Also, the caves were mentioned to be on the map, but easily blockable by forge pieces.

Yup, I knew about the cave-blocking stuff. The main topic was just mainly about the shields, but I thought I might as well chuck in the tunnel bit.

Yeah, it looks like bleedthrough is back, with both melee and headshots. Also notice how we are yet to see any videos showing someone using a precision weapon.

This looks like Classic gameplay.

I noticed the gameplay doesn’t have, Dmr’s or aa’s.

I think AA’s were actually shown. I think around the beginning of the video you see a Spartan sprinting through the stream in the middle.

> This looks like Classic gameplay.
>
> I noticed the gameplay doesn’t have, Dmr’s or aa’s.

There is a DMR in the Beaver Creek video. Its just not used. Though it still has that host bloom thing,but who knows if its just a way to check who’s host now.

> Oh yay! Shields work properly now!

They currently work properly.

A change to bleed through would be a roll back to the H3 system, which was abandoned for a system which was easier to understand by players during combat, not looking at film.

> > Oh yay! Shields work properly now!
>
> They currently work properly.
>
> A change to bleed through would be a roll back to the H3 system, which was abandoned for a system which was easier to understand by players during combat, not looking at film.

yup cuz 3DMR shots + Melee = Melee

Allow me to generalize:

Camp 1: Prefers the current mechanic.
Camp 2: Prefers the H3 mechanic.

I would be in Camp #1.

you guys also saw that there is no bloom on that plasma rifle right?

> you guys also saw that there is no bloom on that plasma rifle right?

The Plasma Rifle never had bloom, it was always pinpoint accurate.

Anyone else checked out the new Damnation video? Shield system is back to Halo 3 style, and no bloom on the DMR.

Seems more like Halo CE shield system to me. Like how you can get headshots even if they have shields.

im sure this has been said before but bleedthrough has been added via title update. this is confirmed in the bungie article for 8/17 in the damnation gameplay video. check it out :smiley:

linky

you are looking for when he picks up the plasma rifle, then beats someone down without their shields popping first.

No bloom and the return of bleed-through. I just got a little more excited. :slight_smile: