• Player Model Collision
  • Weapons
  • Customization
  • Cross Play Option On/Off
  • Monetization
  • Daily Challenges
  • Other

0 voters

Okay ladies and gentle humans. Im putting together this post to try and organize everyones feedback on whats wrong with Halo: Infinite. BUT!! There are some rules to posting in here.

1. Be respectful and bring an actual conversation to the post. If people just start spamming and yelling at their keyboards, then your comment will be deleted.

2. Vote on what you think needs to be fixed, then please leave a post on what can be done to fix said item or items.

3. In your post, please have it done as follows:
    Weapons
    Then what needs to be fixed with what weapons and how they can fix it or how you would like to see it fixed.
    Matchmaking
    then what needs to fixed with this and how you think it should be fixed.
    etc.

4. Lets actually work together to see the changes done to make this the game that we would like to see rather than everyone yelling and screaming at the same time and provide feedback to the dev team that they can actually use. If you have already written a post about these things then please feel free to copy and past your thoughts and ideas here. They are very welcome and I look forward to putting together a post that we can all use together to achieve the same goal.

2 Likes

The Battle Pass / Battle Pass Progression

Personally I dont mind battle passes if I see value in them. Currently I feel like im working harder to unlock things like XP Boosts and skips than anything else.

I believe that if there were more items in the battle pass that could be used for customization and in game currency. This would not only provide more value in the battle pass, but it would give players a good reason to put in the time to get the gear they want. This could also have things like color edits, textures and more.

I also feel like the current progression system is not the best. Daily challenges are good but having them be the ONLY means of leveling up makes the game stressful and tedious to play. Taking away from players actually being able to play the game and focusing more on going into each match trying to complete said challenges rather than playing the objectives. I feel like having not only a rank system in the game provides almost a point of pride to each player, but if done correctly could also go hand in hand with the battle pass progression. My ideas for this are as follows…

Completing a game = 50exp
Winning a game = 50exp
Losing a game = 25exp
Per Kill = 15exp
(During Slayer matches = 25exp)
Completing per game objectives (ie CTF, Stronghold, etc) = 35exp
Obtaining badges (ie Double kill, etc) = +2.15% of total EXP score
(Can stack a total of 5 times)

I believe that having a system like this in place would help stream line things in a much smoother way. I also believe that having something like this put in place would also allow you to be able to keep the battle pass tiers at 1000exp per tier, and not have the battle pass fly by too quickly. it would also allow players to feel as though their games mean more than hoping that they are able to complete a challenge and progress.

But then theres the possible issue of “What happens when a player finishes the battle pass?”
I believe that something that could be put into the game would be something like a “Spartan Shop”.
A Special shop that players can access ONLY AFTER the battle pass has been completed. Where their exp can be banked and used as a currency to obtain things like special color pallets, special armor pieces, limited banners, etc. But have the rotation happen every 24hours. This would help to give a since of urgency to players to grind out their matches to “buy” that special piece that they want before it leaves. This shop cannot be paid for using real currency. Only EXP banked AFTER the battle pass. This could also tie into the cash shop. Where if theres something that a player wants and they havent finished the battle pass, THEN they have the option of paying for it with real money. But the prices of said items need to be reasonable and able to equate to EXP Banked. For example, theres a banner I want. I can pay five bucks for it, or 500xp to get it (assuming ive finished the battle pass)

Customization

1. I have paid for two of the team armor sets through the store (amongst other things) and while I am in love with them. I wish that i could customize my spartan while allowing the application of the cloud nine or the space station color pallets and other parts. As it currently sits. Once you purchase one of these spartan sets, your locked to only use what is there. You cannot even change the emblem. I would even accept the color pallets and the emblems locked together. But Im not a fan of locking all of them together with no other options. Same with the armor set that is currently in the market. You currently are not able to buy the set of armor and have the pieces, color, visor and other parts added to your overall armory. You have to deal with it the way it is. I would change this by unlocking each piece allowing the player to have a full armory to build the spartan that they want to. Giving them an overall armory would allow them build the spartan they want and go into each game with a sense of pride as that would be THEIR spartan out there.

Theres also the matter of the color pallets. I feel that if there was a system in place like the color system of Anthem. Then it would really fit in here. Different things to color on their spartan, different textures to use. This could include chipped paint, flawless paint, any so much more. These ideas can even be carried over to the battle pass. Remove the XP Boost and the skips and add things like different textures (smooth, chipped paint, new paint, carbon fiber, etc), different types of paints (flats, gloss, camo, pearl, etc). This would allow for the customization that is wanted and needed in a game like this thats bigger than life. The customization should be as well.

Other

The UI
I really like the small changes to the UI. The only change that I would like to see here, would be the fire team banner and icons moved to the bottom of the screen. This would allow players to completely see their team. I would also move and resize a few things but thats more personal tweaks than anything else.

Personal AI Units
I absolutely love the personal AI units. And honestly its probably one of my favorite things hands down. I cant count the amount of times my personal AI has made me laugh at the things she says. That being said. I have notices more than a few times when the game will randomly change my personal AI. But oddly enough, it always change it to butlr. Im not sure if its a bug or a line of the code that loads when a player finishes a match and jumps right back into matchmaking rather than going back to the MODE selection and the Play Button as these are the only times ive noticed it.

Matchmaking

Modes and Game Selections
I understand that this is still in beta. But I would like to see the player being able to either choose what game types they want to play (ie Slayer, CTF, TDM, etc) or being able to give the player a list of the games types where they can check and uncheck the types of games they want to play. i think this makes more sense rather than forcing all player to play all games types. I personally dont like CTF games. So currently my only options are to either drop out of games, or to force myself to grind through them. Changing this would also allow players to customize their experience even more while building on the “play the way you want to” theme that halo infinite is known for.

Monetization

The monetization in this game is all over the place. Theres a suite of armor that you had to spend twenty dollars for. There are sets ranging from five dollars to ten dollars. While I understand the business model for this. Halo has always been about the fans. And thus I feel needs to continue this tradition. Keep the Shop in the game. Tie it into the system that I mentioned before. But I also believe that if you want to make money in a game like this, there are a few rules that need to be adhered to…

1. Make things affordable.
  2. Make the items in the shop something that can still be obtained in the core game.
  3. Whatever you have in the shop. It needs to be something that the player finds value in and something that they can use at their leisure.

Having certain items locked to certain cores dosent make any sense. I have seen that a lot of this game goes by things in the lore. From the movies, to the books. And in all aspects, armor pieces can be mixed and matched according to what is needed for that mission. Well this mission is multiplayer. As I stated above, If players had the option to unlock items for their overall armory, this would give the result that follows the lore built into the core of this game.

1 Like

chuckling this in here for you by request! Great thread idea mate

3 Likes

My major complaint is the overall monetization of the multiplayer, too many things are broken up to try to sell you every little thing. It actually emotionally hurts because I believe a core component of Halo multiplayer is customizing your own unique spartan from everyone else. Which stuff like the armor kit system ruins, especially since armor pieces like Emile’s, Jorge’s, and Carter’s should pieces are not something you can have to customize.
I strongly believe that Armor Kits should be presets you can feel free to change, and those armor pieces be put in the battle pass to unlock before you get the Armor Kit. I’d be willing to pay for a battle pass that actually rewards a lot of customization options and not restrict it in anyway.
I actually don’t mind the progression length for the battle pass as it is now, the time to level up seems fair, but I do agree that there needs to be a system to reward more for people that win matches.

Another thing I’m disappointed in are the extremely high prices for armor in the cash shop, and nothing for new players to earn. I do like the idea of earning credits per match. I can see 5 per match, 10 if you win, and those double in BTB matches. Having players, f2p and paid players, to work towards a goal in game will help in motivating players to play the game and have a feeling of being rewarded for spending their time with the game. It will keep people coming back and ensure a good population for matchmaking I believe.

Lastly, I have a few gameplay issues, one being that there is no incentive to pick up other weapons, The AR feels just right so it feels a lot of other weapons need a buff. Snipers are already hard to use, so having enemies see you with a sniper glare makes it unusable to a lot of players so I feel like that should be nerfed somehow or just removed. Plus there isn’t enough vehicles in BTB, it’s hard to get even a chance to drive a tank or a flying vehicle. They are way too rare and need to be spawn in more frequently somehow. I believe BTB has always been about vehicular combat, and it’s sad to see that be reduced to just the basic ground vehicles like warthog, ghosts, and choppers most of the time, and it’s even hard to get some of those vehicles.

I hope this is helpful, and I listed it from most to least priority in my feelings of what needs to be changed. I do love the game overall and haven’t had fun with a Halo multiplayer in years, and I just want more reason to love it and I hope 343 does a good job in doing that. I’ve been surprised with how they listened to feedback from the flights. They seem to be doing so much more than other developers, so that is why I feel confident in taking time to even give feedback like this, I’ve only started using the forums a couple days ago. All because I’m hopeful that the developers will listen to me and the community.

Thank you

No collisions?!? Are you having a laugh 343???

The amount of times I’ve gone to hit someone and gone through them, and then got hit myself is ridiculous!

I’ve had people try to hit me from behind, miss, and then I’ve got the hit on them.

It needs sorting out, bring back full collisions, both teams, no exceptions ASAP.

Who decided that it would be a good idea to remove them???

I’m dumbstruck…

Hell yes brother! Feedback from a current D5 player and ex H3 MLG 50 player.

Player outlines - remove them for the love of god. 343 industries is adding game design to halo that doesn’t belong in halo.

TTK: Perfectly fine, could be longer. Anyone who wants it shorter should be playing CoD.

Weapons: Remove alien weapons from ranked!

1 Like

Honestly and personally I dont mind the player outlines. Ive noticed that a lot of this game focuses around the core lore of the franchise and the player outlines play on the FOF (Friend or Foe) tags. I would change them though. or at least have more options.

More Colors
make the outlines thinner/thicker, thicker, turn off

Things like this can really make a big difference while playing the game. One thing that I have noticed is that during a game, ive had a few times where ill turn a corner and the FOF Outlines dont kick in correctly and the enemy will either not have an outline or the outline will be the same color as a team mate. This has led to me getting killed a few times but past that I dont mind them.

Customization:
I would prefer the ability to make my spartan’s armor be whatever color I want like in past Halo games instead of having to pay for color presets.

Weapons:
I noticed a weird inconsistency with some weapons in how much damage they do and from what distance. For example, the first time I used the shock rifle, I got a headshot that was an instant kill. Ever since that moment I’ve been unable to get a kill in the same way and I’ve seen other players say that it’s possible to get an instant kill headshot with this gun. I’ve also noticed that the gravity hammer’s damage and range is all over the place. In a match on Behemoth, I was in the air from using one of the jump pads and got instant killed by one of these gravity hammers while the player using it was still on the ground. When I go for the same kills it takes two swings at a closer distance to get a kill. Honestly, all I can say is to make weapons more consistent in how much damage they do and from what distance they do said damage.

Battle Pass Progression:
I would just prefer it to be easier to rank up than it is currently. Maybe make it so you don’t have to have challenges of any sort to level up, but the challenges provide a significant boost so they aren’t completely useless. The only way I can think of to describe this is like the challenges from Fortnite Chapter 2’s challenges. They were relatively simple, but it was still easy to level up the battle pass without relying on weekly/daily challenges.

Weekly/Ultimate Challenges:
I know challenges are supposed to be challenging, especially the ultimate one, but they shouldn’t be completely RNG reliant on weapon spawns or game modes you get dropped into. For example, the ultimate challenge that had you get 5 killing sprees while in Fiesta mode. To complete this I had to play until I got the Behemoth map and then I waited for the Scorpion to spawn so I could get my kills because it was the only vehicle I could get a killing streak with. All I have to say is make the challenges simpler and more skill-reliant, but not too difficult that it deters beginners. Like I said above, the Fortnite Chapter 2 challenges are a good indicator of what I’m trying to say.

Monetization:
The battle pass was pretty cheap compared to other battle pass reliant games I’ve played, but the cosmetics are a bit too pricey. Like most people have said, I would probably half the price or make it so players earn credits through playing the game instead of having to rely on their credit cards to buy a skin.

Sorry I didn’t go too in depth. This has been my first true Halo multiplayer experience so I don’t have a benchmark to go off of.

I think most people would agree that challenges SHOULDN’T be the only means in gaining XP for battle pass/rank progression. It deters Team Co-op when playing objective games since they’ll be too focused in getting “[‘X’] kills with [weapon].” And regardless of how you perform, or how you got that sick, multi-kill with the Sniper Rifle in the last match, is all meaningless since all you get is a mere 50xp for completing a match. Besides those Sniper kills are utterly pointless since you don’t have the Sniper challenge in the active roster, but it’s in the “Upcoming Challenges” tab.

343 needs to work on rewarding players XP based on their match perfomance; from obtaining weapon-based, unique medals to medals gained by playing the objectives and doing team oriented tasks (i.e. ball possession, flags returned/captured, stronghold captures and defense, etc.]
And to discourage players from quitting, grant XP for completing their matches, as well as bonus XP for winning.

That way, even if players are struggling to complete their challenges, they’ll be rewarded for their overall performance and won’t have to deal with the strenous grind of progressing their rank/battle pass.