Change weapon and vehicle traits during gameplay (real time)

In recent conversations it was brought up 343i and Halo4 may introduce the ability to alter your weapons and vehicles while you are playing.

I speculated this would be similar to loadouts but while you are still alive.

There are positives and negatives to this new gameplay idea. It could unbalance everything, no more rock paper scissors.

Imagine a tactican having all traits available, knowing what you’re about to engage in but not having to respawn to change your loadout of weapons/vehicles.

Personally I could see myself dominating in this sort of dynamic gameplay. I read what is happening in games very well, it’s my best skill.

I’d love to see this in Halo 4 in a couple of playlists only, not the core gamplay overall. The potential to drastically imbalance gameplay is too great. The temptation to play like this is there but keep it to certain playlists.

That way everyone gets a taste and keeps the choice to play that way or not.

I also see potential for unscrupulous players to exploit such features. For example, a player who does NOT play objective or even care about win/loss but goes for high K/D. They would simply select a sniper and camo then keep well away from any “important gameplay” while racking up kill in favour of their statistics.

And where did this info come from?

If you don’t present some proof, I’ll have to report this.

I’m not saying this is a fact or anything, I’m just discussing speculation about this creative feature.

It certainly seems like another iteration of the loadouts from Halo or weapon traits from COD etc.

Anyhow I wanted to discuss this as speculation, in no way have I stated this is factual or anything.

Report what you will but after all the forums are for speculation and discussion, that’s what I’m posting and suggesting. Nothing more, nothing less.

> If you don’t present some proof, I’ll have to report this.

You want proof about a game in development that is a year away from coming out? Wow mate a little on the drastic side don’t you think?

id rather have brand new weapons and vehicles rather than customizable ones, thats just lazy

plus it would be impossible to have balance if everybody could customize weapons and vehicles during the game, unless it was restricted to campaign

> > If you don’t present some proof, I’ll have to report this.
>
> You want proof about a game in development that is a year away from coming out? Wow mate a little on the drastic side don’t you think?

You just posted a link to rumors about leaked content…

I’m not going to report this because it honestly seems like you just don’t know your way around here yet. But, if a mod is reading this, please lock it. Rumor mongering doesn’t help anyone.

Edit: Oh, and I am well within the rules to report this thread. I probably should, but again…Seems like you’re just learning your way around here.

Right from the Rules thread:

> Do not discuss or post links to inappropriate content.
**> This includes all forms of media such as websites, pictures, videos, and leaked content, real or fake.

Let’s just make the game Halo again…No AA’s and no equipment. You, your gun, and your team…

> id rather have brand new weapons and vehicles rather than customizable ones, thats just lazy

I’m with you mate. I’d probably prefer new weapons on the sandbox from previous games revised etc.

Loadouts from Reach were fantastic. Refning that game mechanic seems the way forward.

I prefer the level playing field Loadouts provide over say weapon traits from unlocks that leads to really unbalanced gameplay.

> > > If you don’t present some proof, I’ll have to report this.
> >
> > You want proof about a game in development that is a year away from coming out? Wow mate a little on the drastic side don’t you think?
>
> You just posted a link to rumors about leaked content…
>
> I’m not going to report this because it honestly seems like you just don’t know your way around here yet. But, if a mod is reading this, please lock it. Rumor mongering doesn’t help anyone.
>
> Edit: Oh, and I am well within the rules to report this thread. I probably should, but again…Seems like you’re just learning your way around here.
>
> Right from the Rules thread:
>
>
> > Do not discuss or post links to inappropriate content.
> > This includes all forms of media such as websites, pictures, videos, and leaked content, real or fake.
> **
[/quote]
You have to relax you wanna-be forum cop.

> I edited out the link in the second post, which I’ll add you requested via a report threat. Please leave my thread or provide valued discussion if you’re going to stay.
> This thread after being revised is well within the forum rules and you have no place reporting discussions and speculation. Which at this point in game development is all we fans have right now.

> Let’s just make the game Halo again…No AA’s and no equipment. You, your gun, and your team…

So you found Halo 1 & 2 better than Halo 3 (equipment) & Reach (AA’s)?

I could go for Halo 2 with Reach netcode and loadouts but no AA’s. Sounds better than the speculation of weapon/vehicle traits during live gameplay.

However I like the idea of having combat across all kinds of terrain, that sounds awesome

> You have to relax you wanna-be forum cop.

And you might want to start reading forum rules before you post something you shouldn’t.

It’s clear you didn’t read the rules before posting here. Double post, much?

No. Loadouts need to go away as well. Normal playlist. Start with AR. Ranked = BR. Aww I miss the BR…

> However I like the idea of having combat across all kinds of terrain, that sounds awesome

That part does sound fun but imagine the art department development workload having to detail so many terrains.

It would be great to see stage invasion sort of multiplayer where the first stage (slayer) is a beach storm or drop pod open ground fight for controlled territory then a second stage close into urban building (objective ) of bomb/flag with a third stage of retreat or escape required (slayer again).

That change of terrain and gameplay would be my preference over real time loadouts of weapons/vehicles.

> No. Loadouts need to go away as well. Normal playlist. Start with AR. Ranked = BR. Aww I miss the BR…

I thought loadouts were fine, it allowed player choice.

Perhaps the playlists should avoid weapon/vehicle traits and go more for with loadouts and without loadouts. Basically Reach vs. Classic playlists.

The playlits are doing that now so it seems the community is once again polarised. If real time weapon/vehicle traits were introduced it would again further polarise and segment the Halo population.

Personally I could agree with a few reply posts in this thread to simplify gameplay and also simplify playlists rather than introduce more complexity via realtime traits.

Loadouts seem to add a lot more randomness into the game since nobody starts off the same. I would rather everyone just have sprint. They only seem to work in campaign and invasion