Change the main menu (This is a MUST)

The main menu in halo is very lazy, it feels dead. I feel halo 3 and halo reach did the menus and UI perfectly. The main menu should be a panning camera tinted blue just like halo 2 and 3, when you see that you know your playing a halo game. Use the halo reach friend list also, where the friends who are online playing halo 6 are on the right side in a tab where you could check their spartan/elite, and game score. This would make the game feel alive again.

Halo 3 had my favorite menu, not only because of the moving camera, but also the overall atmosphere that it conveyed with the scenery, music, and color scheme. I don’t personally think that should be a priority for Halo 5, and doubt it will be considered as such by 343i. However, I do hope they go with something similar to Halo 3’s menu in Halo 6 (Not talk about the overall setup of it, just the visuals).

> 2533274916698000;2:
> Halo 3 had my favorite menu, not only because of the moving camera, but also the overall atmosphere that it conveyed with the scenery, music, and color scheme. I don’t personally think that should be a priority for Halo 5, and doubt it will be considered as such by 343i. However, I do hope they go with something similar to Halo 3’s menu in Halo 6 (Not talk about the overall setup of it, just the visuals).

I loved halo 3’s aswell. I know this main menu thing is somewhat minor, but I believe it will make quite a big difference and make the next halo game truly feel like a halo game.

A change with the November update would definitely give a refreshing revitalising feel . I must admit I’m bored of looking at the same screen .

I agree the UI and stuff is very poor in Halo 5, but I don’t think it’s really worth 343I time (and resources) to change it now. I’d rather them focus on Halo 6 and have that UI more like Halo 3/Reaches with a splash of H2A (Show the map layouts while the map is loading) which I also felt were the best by far, especially the pre game lobby.

> 2533274869460738;1:
> The main menu should be a panning camera tinted blue just like halo 2 and 3?

Why though? I like Bungie’s UI design as much as the next guy, but there’s a difference between taking inspiration from something good that worked, and just being blatantly unoriginal and lazy.

Strictly speaking, I guess there are not many options for menu backgrounds, so, there’s nothing particularly lazy or unoriginal about a panning shot, per se. However, there’s not much point in going with a blue filter other than: “look, we’re imitating Bungie now, happy?”

This is the most tiny, and silliest complaint I have ever heard about Halo 5. I can see how it isn’t as cool as other games, I personally loved Halo Reach’s the best. But this complaint after two years of the game being out is rather silly.

They’re not gonna change the UI this far into H5’s lifespan. Your best hope is they make a good one in H6. I personally liked Reach’s menu when the menu background would change depending on what campaign mission you were on.

> 2533274955181440;7:
> This is the most tiny, and silliest complaint I have ever heard about Halo 5.

I was thinking the same thing, until I remembered that thread where somebody said 343 shouldn’t have added flavor text descriptions, because it took time away from other things. People will complain about anything, I guess

> 2533274825830455;6:
> > 2533274869460738;1:
> > The main menu should be a panning camera tinted blue just like halo 2 and 3?
>
> Why though? I like Bungie’s UI design as much as the next guy, but there’s a difference between taking inspiration from something good that worked, and just being blatantly unoriginal and lazy.
>
> Strictly speaking, I guess there are not many options for menu backgrounds, so, there’s nothing particularly lazy or unoriginal about a panning shot, per se. However, there’s not much point in going with a blue filter other than: “look, we’re imitating Bungie now, happy?”

The halo 4 and 5 menu are BORING. They are still images and make the game and community feel dead

> 2533274955181440;7:
> This is the most tiny, and silliest complaint I have ever heard about Halo 5. I can see how it isn’t as cool as other games, I personally loved Halo Reach’s the best. But this complaint after two years of the game being out is rather silly.

Ok, then why don’t we continue the already drowned out sprint discussion or talk about the -Yoink- gameplay? Any complaint that makes halo 6 feel like a halo game is a -Yoinking!- good complaint for me. So enjoy your dead menu :wink: the menu is so plain and boring and pulls me straight out of the game, halo 1-3 were perfect, with the music and panning camera where halo reach’s UI was the best in the series, so why not combine them, the fact 343 hasent done this is stupid

> 2533274869460738;10:
> > 2533274825830455;6:
> > > 2533274869460738;1:
> > > The main menu should be a panning camera tinted blue just like halo 2 and 3?
> >
> > Why though? I like Bungie’s UI design as much as the next guy, but there’s a difference between taking inspiration from something good that worked, and just being blatantly unoriginal and lazy.
> >
> > Strictly speaking, I guess there are not many options for menu backgrounds, so, there’s nothing particularly lazy or unoriginal about a panning shot, per se. However, there’s not much point in going with a blue filter other than: “look, we’re imitating Bungie now, happy?”
>
> The halo 4 and 5 menu are BORING. They are still images and make the game and community feel dead

Ill have you know that there isa grunt floating around out there. It is not a still image.

> 2533274816299345;12:
> > 2533274869460738;10:
> > > 2533274825830455;6:
> > > > 2533274869460738;1:
> > > > The main menu should be a panning camera tinted blue just like halo 2 and 3?
> > >
> > > Why though? I like Bungie’s UI design as much as the next guy, but there’s a difference between taking inspiration from something good that worked, and just being blatantly unoriginal and lazy.
> > >
> > > Strictly speaking, I guess there are not many options for menu backgrounds, so, there’s nothing particularly lazy or unoriginal about a panning shot, per se. However, there’s not much point in going with a blue filter other than: “look, we’re imitating Bungie now, happy?”
> >
> > The halo 4 and 5 menu are BORING. They are still images and make the game and community feel dead
>
> Ill have you know that there isa grunt floating around out there. It is not a still image.

If this is a joke it’s funny.

> 2533274869460738;10:
> > 2533274825830455;6:
> > > 2533274869460738;1:
> > > The main menu should be a panning camera tinted blue just like halo 2 and 3?
> >
> > Why though? I like Bungie’s UI design as much as the next guy, but there’s a difference between taking inspiration from something good that worked, and just being blatantly unoriginal and lazy.
> >
> > Strictly speaking, I guess there are not many options for menu backgrounds, so, there’s nothing particularly lazy or unoriginal about a panning shot, per se. However, there’s not much point in going with a blue filter other than: “look, we’re imitating Bungie now, happy?”
>
> The halo 4 and 5 menu are BORING. They are still images and make the game and community feel dead

That didn’t disprove his statement. You’re changing the main menu to be just like Bungie for the fact that…Bungie did it first.

And I bet if they do act more like Bungie, people will complain that they’re imitating Bungie and they’re unoriginal.

But the halo 5 menu music has good music like the others and even has a grunt floating in space so it’s fine.

> 2533274869460738;13:
> > 2533274816299345;12:
> > > 2533274869460738;10:
> > > > 2533274825830455;6:
> > > > > 2533274869460738;1:
> > > > > The main menu should be a panning camera tinted blue just like halo 2 and 3?
> > > >
> > > > Why though? I like Bungie’s UI design as much as the next guy, but there’s a difference between taking inspiration from something good that worked, and just being blatantly unoriginal and lazy.
> > > >
> > > > Strictly speaking, I guess there are not many options for menu backgrounds, so, there’s nothing particularly lazy or unoriginal about a panning shot, per se. However, there’s not much point in going with a blue filter other than: “look, we’re imitating Bungie now, happy?”
> > >
> > > The halo 4 and 5 menu are BORING. They are still images and make the game and community feel dead
> >
> > Ill have you know that there isa grunt floating around out there. It is not a still image.
>
> If this is a joke it’s funny.

Its not a joke. There is a grunt that floats around.

SEE!

> 2533274833081329;14:
> > 2533274869460738;10:
> > > 2533274825830455;6:
> > > > 2533274869460738;1:
> > > > The main menu should be a panning camera tinted blue just like halo 2 and 3?
> > >
> > > Why though? I like Bungie’s UI design as much as the next guy, but there’s a difference between taking inspiration from something good that worked, and just being blatantly unoriginal and lazy.
> > >
> > > Strictly speaking, I guess there are not many options for menu backgrounds, so, there’s nothing particularly lazy or unoriginal about a panning shot, per se. However, there’s not much point in going with a blue filter other than: “look, we’re imitating Bungie now, happy?”
> >
> > The halo 4 and 5 menu are BORING. They are still images and make the game and community feel dead
>
> That didn’t disprove his statement. You’re changing the main menu to be just like Bungie for the fact that…Bungie did it first.
>
> And I bet if they do act more like Bungie, people will complain that they’re imitating Bungie and they’re unoriginal.

No i want them to make it HALO, I don’t give a -Yoink- about bungie, I want halo to have that halo feeling!

> 2533274869460738;17:
> > 2533274833081329;14:
> > > 2533274869460738;10:
> > > > 2533274825830455;6:
> > > > > 2533274869460738;1:
> > > > > The main menu should be a panning camera tinted blue just like halo 2 and 3?
> > > >
> > > > Why though? I like Bungie’s UI design as much as the next guy, but there’s a difference between taking inspiration from something good that worked, and just being blatantly unoriginal and lazy.
> > > >
> > > > Strictly speaking, I guess there are not many options for menu backgrounds, so, there’s nothing particularly lazy or unoriginal about a panning shot, per se. However, there’s not much point in going with a blue filter other than: “look, we’re imitating Bungie now, happy?”
> > >
> > > The halo 4 and 5 menu are BORING. They are still images and make the game and community feel dead
> >
> > That didn’t disprove his statement. You’re changing the main menu to be just like Bungie for the fact that…Bungie did it first.
> >
> > And I bet if they do act more like Bungie, people will complain that they’re imitating Bungie and they’re unoriginal.
>
> No i want them to make it HALO, I don’t give a -Yoink- about bungie, I want halo to have that halo feeling!

I dont know what this means. It feels like Halo to me.

> 2533274816299345;16:
> > 2533274869460738;13:
> > > 2533274816299345;12:
> > > > 2533274869460738;10:
> > > > > 2533274825830455;6:
> > > > > > 2533274869460738;1:
> > > > > > The main menu should be a panning camera tinted blue just like halo 2 and 3?
> > > > >
> > > > > Why though? I like Bungie’s UI design as much as the next guy, but there’s a difference between taking inspiration from something good that worked, and just being blatantly unoriginal and lazy.
> > > > >
> > > > > Strictly speaking, I guess there are not many options for menu backgrounds, so, there’s nothing particularly lazy or unoriginal about a panning shot, per se. However, there’s not much point in going with a blue filter other than: “look, we’re imitating Bungie now, happy?”
> > > >
> > > > The halo 4 and 5 menu are BORING. They are still images and make the game and community feel dead
> > >
> > > Ill have you know that there isa grunt floating around out there. It is not a still image.
> >
> > If this is a joke it’s funny.
>
> Its not a joke. There is a grunt that floats around.
>
> SEE!

I know about the grunt, but that doesn’t justify the fact that the main menu is boring and static, yeah it’s a cool little Easter egg, but dosent help the menu feel alive

> 2533274816299345;18:
> > 2533274869460738;17:
> > > 2533274833081329;14:
> > > > 2533274869460738;10:
> > > > > 2533274825830455;6:
> > > > > > 2533274869460738;1:
> > > > > > The main menu should be a panning camera tinted blue just like halo 2 and 3?
> > > > >
> > > > > Why though? I like Bungie’s UI design as much as the next guy, but there’s a difference between taking inspiration from something good that worked, and just being blatantly unoriginal and lazy.
> > > > >
> > > > > Strictly speaking, I guess there are not many options for menu backgrounds, so, there’s nothing particularly lazy or unoriginal about a panning shot, per se. However, there’s not much point in going with a blue filter other than: “look, we’re imitating Bungie now, happy?”
> > > >
> > > > The halo 4 and 5 menu are BORING. They are still images and make the game and community feel dead
> > >
> > > That didn’t disprove his statement. You’re changing the main menu to be just like Bungie for the fact that…Bungie did it first.
> > >
> > > And I bet if they do act more like Bungie, people will complain that they’re imitating Bungie and they’re unoriginal.
> >
> > No i want them to make it HALO, I don’t give a -Yoink- about bungie, I want halo to have that halo feeling!
>
> I dont know what this means. It feels like Halo to me.

Explain to me how how it feels like halo. The main menu is static and the UI is horrible. The only thing halo is the music