Change the betrayal system in big team slayer

I got booted during 2 games last night because i was in the tank and accidentally betrayed one person - the second time the person jumped right into my shot. I might as well not even go for the scorpion because its too easy to betray and get booted. I am not even sure the people booted me on purpose, they probably just push the button when asked. I am not sure how it could be changed but considering it happens so often when I am in the scorpion I just feel like something needs to be changed.

I agree in principle. Look at this one! Booted for THIS???

I lasered a Banshee and it broke up mid air. The hull fell to the ground, I got a betrayal for it killing my team mate and he booted me!

This is why FF needs to be disabled. All it does is annoy.

Some of this needs to be pointed back to the other player for booting you. If I get run over trying to jump onto a tank to get into the gunner seat, or I am sprinting for cover on Hemorrhage and a boosting ghost runs me over on a lagging game, I am not going to boot.
Same for someone hitting the vehicle I am trying to 'jack with a Scorpion shell. We’re both trying to take out the enemy, and that happens in the fog of war.

By the same token, I don’t want to get booted because you stood behind my tank and I am backing out of a DMR storm or trying to stop an opponent from reaching me to plant the grenade.

> Some of this needs to be pointed back to the other player for booting you. If I get run over trying to jump onto a tank to get into the gunner seat, or I am sprinting for cover on Hemorrhage and a boosting ghost runs me over on a lagging game, I am not going to boot.
> Same for someone hitting the vehicle I am trying to 'jack with a Scorpion shell. We’re both trying to take out the enemy, and that happens in the fog of war.
>
> By the same token, I don’t want to get booted because you stood behind my tank and I am backing out of a DMR storm or trying to stop an opponent from reaching me to plant the grenade.

I had one on heavies, I was in the wraith, beginning of the game, I had a running riot, I blew up a guy in a revanant, the pieces hit a team mate and he booted me…How was that my fault?

Normally if it doesn’t seem intentional I won’t boot. I had 3 guys on me once and I was in AL and my own team in a wraith fired and killed all 4 of us…I forgave because he killed 3 people, Ill take that trade any day.

Bad luck on his part - A half-second sooner and you are still in Armor Lock, half-second later and they kill you and no betrayal.

I have a bad habit of trying to splash someone by aiming a tank shot opposite my teammate and hoping the splash only gets the opponent. I’ve gotten pretty good lately.

I am glad other people agree. The worst that has happened to me yet, which I posted a few weeks back after a frustrated session, I had 17 kills and no deaths, accidental betrayal and I was booted. I do understand the need to boot but there has to be something different, especially on big team with vehicles.

I agree 100%. Friendly Fire should be turned off it really takes alot of the fun out of the game getting betrayed for a weapon or even for no reason…
Its really annoying and easy to fix… And when your teammates hit you to make you 1 shot and then the enemy shoots you and your teammate does not get a betrayal!!!
I REALLY REALLY wish they would fix this.

Yesterday I shot a rocket at a wraith in heavies graveyard and a teammate mounted it just as I fired. I told him to get away but he didn’t and booted me. People need to see the difference between being an -Yoink- and making a mistake.

If you are constantly getting booted you’re the one at fault. Generally speaking you get three free betrayls a day, if you betray that many people a day you deserve to get booted.

> This is why FF needs to be disabled. All it does is annoy.

That wouldn’t work. If they did that, people wouldn’t care where their teammates are and every game would turn into ‘who can throw the most grenades?’. People would be able to do things like stick teammates while they evade into a group of enemies, or fire a rocket or a Tank shell at a teammate and enemy that are in a fight and only kill the enemy, saving the teammate. That doesn’t seem fair to me.

> If you are constantly getting booted you’re the one at fault. Generally speaking you get three free betrayls a day, if you betray that many people a day you deserve to get booted.

You do not get 3 free betrayals a day because that would probably work. All of the instances I mentioned were on the first or 2nd betrayal of the day (or even 2nd betrayal within the last several days). I honestly do not think I have ever had 3 betrayals in day.

> > If you are constantly getting booted you’re the one at fault. Generally speaking you get three free betrayls a day, if you betray that many people a day you deserve to get booted.
>
> You do not get 3 free betrayals a day because that would probably work. All of the instances I mentioned were on the first or 2nd betrayal of the day (or even 2nd betrayal within the last several days). I honestly do not think I have ever had 3 betrayals in day.

If you betray on a daily basis it won’t give you very many betrayals. I know for a fact I could go into a game right now and straight up betray three people and not get booted.

> > > If you are constantly getting booted you’re the one at fault. Generally speaking you get three free betrayls a day, if you betray that many people a day you deserve to get booted.
> >
> > You do not get 3 free betrayals a day because that would probably work. All of the instances I mentioned were on the first or 2nd betrayal of the day (or even 2nd betrayal within the last several days). I honestly do not think I have ever had 3 betrayals in day.
>
> If you betray on a daily basis it won’t give you very many betrayals. I know for a fact I could go into a game right now and straight up betray three people and not get booted.

I dont know, maybe you are right. I do not betray a lot. I maybe betray once a week, if that, sometimes maybe once a month. Its rare yet I still get booted.

I just looked up my stats, 94 betrayals in 1483 games. So I have betrayed in 6% of my total games.

> > > > If you are constantly getting booted you’re the one at fault. Generally speaking you get three free betrayls a day, if you betray that many people a day you deserve to get booted.
> > >
> > > You do not get 3 free betrayals a day because that would probably work. All of the instances I mentioned were on the first or 2nd betrayal of the day (or even 2nd betrayal within the last several days). I honestly do not think I have ever had 3 betrayals in day.
> >
> > If you betray on a daily basis it won’t give you very many betrayals. I know for a fact I could go into a game right now and straight up betray three people and not get booted.
>
> I dont know, maybe you are right. I do not betray a lot. I maybe betray once a week, if that, sometimes maybe once a month. Its rare yet I still get booted.
>
> I just looked up my stats, 94 betrayals in 1483 games. So I have betrayed in 6% of my total games.

Keep in mind this is just an observation I have made over my many games. It seems strange that you get booted, I rarely if ever get booted and when I do its by someone in my party. I wish I had an answer that said this is why you get booted but I don’t have one. Sorry

> > This is why FF needs to be disabled. All it does is annoy.
>
> That wouldn’t work. If they did that, people wouldn’t care where their teammates are and every game would turn into ‘who can throw the most grenades?’. People would be able to do things like stick teammates while they evade into a group of enemies, or fire a rocket or a Tank shell at a teammate and enemy that are in a fight and only kill the enemy, saving the teammate. That doesn’t seem fair to me.

This exactly. FF adds to the competitive aspect of halo, and it means that your teammates have to make sure they don’t kill you. In CoD, my friends and I semtex’d someone on our team, and made him run at a couple of enemies, and the person ‘carrying’ the semtex lived, giving the thrower a triple kill. How does this seem fair? No, in my opinion, there should be a better booting system in place, because FF is just another part of Halo that adds to the competitive edge.

I liked friendly fire off in halo ce for pc, but a big reason why it worked was because vehicles didn’t explode. If in reach FF is off, then someone doesn’t get the vehicle they wanted, they blow it up. If they can’t have it nobody can! Earlier today I was paying a game of assault on hemmorage and I ran and got a hog and a guy jumped in for the gunner. I hong the horn for a 3rd but nobody gets in, as I drive away a teammate shoots us repeatedly. Destructible vehicles is one of the reasons why friendly fire needs to be on. Look at Infection pre TU. Nothing but nonstop betrayals, it’s like just because you’re a zombie doesn’t mean you don’t care about your K/D spread. If you can get an infection spree that’s awesome. Most people I ever infected I think in a row was 3. Most of the time going for the last man standing a fellow zombie walks by me and betrays. Or you get the humans who betray at the start. I’m glad FF is gone from there. What I really want is for ‘Fall to your death’ to be considered a betrayal. This past week on graveyard I was using the Gauss hog and a teammate hopped in, drove off a cliff and got out just in time. I had the jet pack and attempted to make it back, but he shot me away. Fell to my death my -Yoink-! Taking friendly fire out would make it a would-be betray fest.