Change the announcer's lines

There is a link for some Spartan Ops action.

So hey everyone, for those who are not up to date it’s E3 today which means a lot of new Halo info! So anyways you can hear the announcer saying “Overkill” I believe this is the same guy from previous Halo games such as Reach. Jeff Steitzer.

When he said Overkill, I was paying too much attention to the action than the lines but when I replayed it - - is it just me that found that when he said “Overkill” sorta lame? Are these the final?

If they’re not going to re-record them, I think they should just re-use lines from previous games.

The narration is my only pet peeve. Jeff Steitzer just seems… out of it. Like he’s lost his touch for narration, he was having an off-day, or it’s yet again another placeholder. I honestly believe that the first option is wrong, because just 2 years ago, he narrated for Reach and it sounded amazing, and Halo 4 was being created during Halo: Reach’s creation (in it’s early stages, anyways). I also doubt the second option, since they wouldn’t put in something mediocre in the final product. I’m going with the third option, as the game still has many months to go, and they still have time to change minor features (a single line of narration is a very minor feature, definitely subject to change).

Other than that, for this footage only being a B-roll, I honestly can’t wait for the actual footage.

Also: The Forerunner weapons look sick, and definitely sound lethal. The Assault Rifle looks powerful and feels tough. Spartan-IVs, from the sound of their footsteps, melees, and grenade throwing, sound powerful, unlike any Spartans we’ve ever seen in the Multiplayer. Promethean Vision? Certainly seems helpful. Assassinations? Pretty sick, definitely an improvement from Reach. The captions for points? Uh… well, they’re better than when we previously saw them, when they covered a far too large area and posed as distractions on the screen. They’re still pretty distracting and annoying, but their placement’s been improved; props to 343 for listening. The Machine Gun? Sounds realistic, yet still has a Halo feel. I love it. The Promethean Knight is, by far, my favorite enemy.

1. TAKE MY MONEY!!!

The actually medals themselves look pretty lame. I found coloured medals much more rewarding. I preferred the way it was announced in Reach also. It doesn’t really bother me that much though.

Seems fine to me

XD The way he said “overkill” was hilarious! He sounded drunk or something.

Oh-oh-ver-kiLL . . .

I’ll just try to avoid getting those . . . Same reason I don’t play SWAT in Reach.

SWUH-AUGHT!!!

> The narration is my only pet peeve. Jeff Steitzer just seems… out of it. Like he’s lost his touch for narration, he was having an off-day, or it’s yet again another placeholder. I honestly believe that the first option is wrong, because just 2 years ago, he narrated for Reach and it sounded amazing, and Halo 4 was being created during Halo: Reach’s creation (in it’s early stages, anyways). I also doubt the second option, since they wouldn’t put in something mediocre in the final product. I’m going with the third option, as the game still has many months to go, and they still have time to change minor features (a single line of narration is a very minor feature, definitely subject to change)

Why would they have him record everything for a placeholder though? Don’t you think they’d just have him record the real thing first time round?

I’m assuming it’s just a placeholder. By the way, I’m calling hardlight shield at 0:40. Looks amazing!

> > The narration is my only pet peeve. Jeff Steitzer just seems… out of it. Like he’s lost his touch for narration, he was having an off-day, or it’s yet again another placeholder. I honestly believe that the first option is wrong, because just 2 years ago, he narrated for Reach and it sounded amazing, and Halo 4 was being created during Halo: Reach’s creation (in it’s early stages, anyways). I also doubt the second option, since they wouldn’t put in something mediocre in the final product. I’m going with the third option, as the game still has many months to go, and they still have time to change minor features (a single line of narration is a very minor feature, definitely subject to change)
>
> Why would they have him record everything for a placeholder though? Don’t you think they’d just have him record the real thing first time round?

If they really needed a place holder why not just use previous lines? Would save a lot of time and energy.

'Oohhhh’verkill…

lol…

Seriously, I’m really going to be bothered by the announcements while I’m playing online if they don’t change this. I’ll be too annoyed! lol

I think they should just re-use the Reach announcement lines. In my opinion, they were perfect. When he says SWAT, I always laugh though lol aha. But at least that was only at the beginning/before the game.

> XD The way he said “overkill” was hilarious! He sounded drunk or something.

now I can’t undo re-saying that in a drunkin manner, I love quoting but this makes it hilarious. Overall on a serious note, bring back the way it was…

It may be a placeholder and still not Jeff. So with that, there’s nothing more you can do.

I’m pretty sure this stuff is placeholder. Being that its from the B-roll.

I think may be a placeholder. If i remember correctly louis wu said when he got to play the game a month back that the announcer wasn’t jeff but some guy from 343 and it sounded strange but hilarious.

This is a bit ridiculous. No, really ridiculous.

You go out and protest on a voice actor’s hard work that took hours to cast and recast, just because it doesn’t sound “epic xd”? You have heard ONE LINE and you’re already complaining about it? It’s completely irrational.

Acting like this, you don’t deserve to get anything. You’re pretty much telling them what to do. Making a AAA title, you have no time to record vital things such as this because it doesn’t sound “epic”. They are in crunch mode.

> This is a bit ridiculous.
>
> You go out and rip on a voice actor’s hard work that took hours to cast and recast, just because it doesn’t sound “epic xd”? The world doesn’t revolve around you.

Sorry, sir. Yeah I guess I am hating a bit but it’s just the new recordings don’t capture that “epic” feel that he managed to do so well in past Halo games. I, personally just don’t like the new recordings that much.

> > This is a bit ridiculous.
> >
> > You go out and rip on a voice actor’s hard work that took hours to cast and recast, just because it doesn’t sound “epic xd”? The world doesn’t revolve around you.
>
> Sorry, sir. Yeah I guess I am hating a bit but it’s just the new recordings don’t capture that “epic” feel that he managed to do so well in past Halo games. I, personally just don’t like the new recordings that much.

I’m not disagreeing with your opinion, I’m saying that we’ve only heard 1-2 lines, and we shouldn’t judge based on that.

> > > This is a bit ridiculous.
> > >
> > > You go out and rip on a voice actor’s hard work that took hours to cast and recast, just because it doesn’t sound “epic xd”? The world doesn’t revolve around you.
> >
> > Sorry, sir. Yeah I guess I am hating a bit but it’s just the new recordings don’t capture that “epic” feel that he managed to do so well in past Halo games. I, personally just don’t like the new recordings that much.
>
> I’m not disagreeing with your opinion, I’m saying that we’ve only heard 1-2 lines, and we shouldn’t judge based on that.

LMFAO yes we should.

At least until the give us more lines.

WTF else would we judge it on?

> > > > This is a bit ridiculous.
> > > >
> > > > You go out and rip on a voice actor’s hard work that took hours to cast and recast, just because it doesn’t sound “epic xd”? The world doesn’t revolve around you.
> > >
> > > Sorry, sir. Yeah I guess I am hating a bit but it’s just the new recordings don’t capture that “epic” feel that he managed to do so well in past Halo games. I, personally just don’t like the new recordings that much.
> >
> > I’m not disagreeing with your opinion, I’m saying that we’ve only heard 1-2 lines, and we shouldn’t judge based on that.
>
> LMFAO yes we should.
>
> At least until the give us more lines.
>
> WTF else would we judge it on?

You’re not entitled to get something changed because you don’t like it based upon a short preview.

Wait for the Multiplayer videos, at least, before you complain. Jeez.