Change the AA Thruster Pack.

It should be more like Evade from reach. At it’s current state it isn’t entirely user-friendly and it isn’t as powerful as other AAs like promethean vision, hologram or jetpack.

My recommendation to changing it would be remove the third person aspect of it (Make it like jetpack and evade from reach, where you stay in first person while using it) and increase the range that it can push you or the speed that it brings you to the current distance.

How is it not user-friendly? You just press one button and hold the direction you want to go in and your dashing around like Gundam/Virtualroid in no time.

I will agree it’s distance traveled needs a buff but not anywhere near the broken distances traveled with the Reach Evade.

I can use the Thruster Pack to dodge some things but most of the time, i am better just strafing or jumping out of the way. It does look really cool when you use it though, especially in the air (which you gain a little bit more ground if used this way).

However, even in the current build it is useful for three things.

You can use it to delay the time it takes to go up a lift or even back out of one if the situation is too dangerous or grenades are being thrown ahead of time to kill you as you come up.

If you need to drop down real quick, Thruster Pack of the ledge instead. You will drop down way faster than if you sprinted off the ledge and you can reduce recovery frames (you have to bring your gun up and deal with a stop delay as you regain balance).

Preventing assassinations. I am just awful when it comes to being vulnerable, guess that’s the instant spawn at work. I tend to get assassinated more in Halo 4 than in Reach. The Thruster Pack (with the right timing) can turn things around and net you kill instead xD My first time was on accident (reflex after barely noticing the red dot after an intense battle with another player) too lol.

I thought the same thing too.

BUT,

I realized the problem was me, and not the thruster pack.

It can be used to quickly drop vertically, shift horizontally, and to confuse your opponent in close range.

But in order to do those, you have to do so with certain steps.

Tips:

You have to stay close to your cover, and can’t get greedy.
The thruster won’t shoot you long distances, but if you stay near cover, you will instantly be shifted safely if you don’t stay out too long.

In Close quarters fighting, use it early, if you wait too late, they will beat you down with an autoaimed melee. Use it earlier in your fight to get the jump on your opponent.

Once I realized that I was the problem. TP has become my main AA.

It does not need to be changed.

it doesnt shoot you far enough, it jus puts you like a little step to the side its not exactly hard to keep aim on someone who uses it. cant do anything while your using it either so its just giving free hits. reminds me of family guy blue harvest where he jus lists lazily to the left haha

As Gold Jacobson said, you have to hugging your cover. it has saved me many times in combat. it would be nice if forward or backward it thrusted just a tad bit quicker. I was running with a team mate and i thrusted forward as he was running beside me and we were still neck to neck. it would be nice to be able to catch people just a tad bit ahead of you.

> it doesnt shoot you far enough, it jus puts you like a little step to the side its not exactly hard to keep aim on someone who uses it. cant do anything while your using it either so its just giving free hits. reminds me of family guy blue harvest where he jus lists lazily to the left haha

That’s the point though, it is quick and you have to stay near your cover. It would be OP if it had longer range.

I think it should have the distance like in the campaign. It is so much better in the campaign.

Every time I use the thruster pack successfully, I can’t help but ask myself if I would’ve been better off using sprint instead…
So far, the only advantage I’ve found to using the thruster pack is that I can stay facing the same direction rather than turning to run.
It can be useful…but when your other options are being able to see through walls, a jetpack that can help you traverse the map, a shield that will block oncoming fire, a field that recharges your shields and an auotmated turret, it’s really pathetic to pick the AA that rarely gives you access to something you aren’t already capable of doing.

I’d like to see it’s distance increased a bit and see it be able to be used twice in one charge. Then it might actually be useful in combat.

> As Gold Jacobson said, you have to hugging your cover. it has saved me many times in combat. it would be nice if forward or backward it thrusted just a tad bit quicker. I was running with a team mate and i thrusted forward as he was running beside me and we were still neck to neck. it would be nice to be able to catch people just a tad bit ahead of you.

But out of all the times you use it to thrust into cover, how many of them would’ve been better suited to simply sprinting to cover or side-stepping while still firing? Given the distance it takes you and the time it takes to use, it’s usually more beneficial to just strafe to cover without giving up your ability to shoot and giving your opponent a few free shots.

Could stand to go a couple more feet.

IMO to be on par with the usefulness of the other AAs it needs to go a bit further and the camera needs to recover faster. It almost needs to be a quick dodge that is actually useful as a strafe mechanic in a battle.

Evade wasn’t broken…

IMO it’s by far the best AA, seriously.

> Evade wasn’t broken…

Smaller hit boxes when using Evade say hello.

Being able to hop 1 foot in any direction makes it the best armor ability, lolwut?

Add on the fact that you can’t even fire while doing it.

No, it plain sucks and is something that should’ve just been tied to the X button to begin with (like sprint is).

It’s awesome in flood but that would obviously be too overpowered in normal matches. Needs to be somewhere in between.

Thruster Pack is like the most useful armor ability when it comes to agility. Also, the third person mode give the player an idea on the distance they’re able to reach with the AA.

> > Evade wasn’t broken…
>
> Smaller hit boxes when using Evade say hello.

That’s not broken, that is doing its job. The only thing that the competitive community can really point to is the cross map jump. Other than that get better at shooting or counter with another AA. You guys screwed up firefight and now the thruster pack sucks as well on Spartan Ops. Video game fun died the minute they included stat tracking.

A quick question before I put my opinion into the mix, Can you Melee in TP ? I noticed you could in Flood mode, but It doesn’t seem to be the case in regular multiplayer. I don’t think it needs changing except maybe make it be able to melee while doing it. That way you can assassinate, or slide melee things. I use it a lot though.

> > > Evade wasn’t broken…
> >
> > Smaller hit boxes when using Evade say hello.
>
> That’s not broken, that is doing its job. The only thing that the competitive community can really point to is the cross map jump. Other than that get better at shooting or counter with another AA. You guys screwed up firefight and now the thruster pack sucks as well on Spartan Ops. Video game fun died the minute they included stat tracking.

I know trolling when i see it. Nice try. Way too obvious with blaming the competitive community for removal of FF, nerfing of Thruster Pack, and the implementation of Spops (like thats such a priority in the competitive community).

0/10 even on B.net standards.

The thruster pack is as good as useless for the functions it was designed for.

#1 It should injure your enemies who are directly behind you. This will serve as a counter for assasinations

#2 The boost distance should be increased by at least 25%. As is I try to use the thruster pack to sumplement my jump distance and it doesn’t increase it at all. The only thing the thruster pack is good for is quick bullet dodging.

( fyi the jetpack is too slow to use for increasing jump distance )

#3 the animation of the thruster pack slows everything down and negates the advantage the pack is supposed to give.