Chameleon Armor: Genius Idea for H5

I got a great idea:
Add an armor color change animation for the game’s launch. During the beginning of the match, when you see your team standing together, there should be an animation where each member’s armor changes from the color you set your Spartan to in the customization screen the color of your team. At the end of the match, while the winning team is giving each other props, you’d see their colors change back to their personal colors.

This adds to the sense that you are controlling your own Spartan, and not just some other red or blue guy, which I always hated.

More realistic (and boring, but still important) changes:
I believe the KDA ratio should really be changed back to a KD ratio, as a KDA isn’t not a very good gauge of skill.
Armor lock pickups and a vibration toggle in the settings would also be welcome. Please change rocket launcher back to the classic. This new one looks way too bland.
Also, the concept art should stay in the loading screen. Everyone loves seeing it.

I like these ideas, other than the KD ratio getting switched. I always hated KD ratio, as there were way too many ways to skew the results. For one example, some would play objective games and just camp in their base trying to rack up kills. Also, it gives players a reward for assists. Assists are much more important to Halo skill than many realize.

Maybe to make the Bro-time animation better, they could show the Spartans lathering each other up sensually with blue/red paint :wink:

I definitely love your idea on the armor changing colors at the start of the match. It is always disappointing that there were so few gametypes where you could actually sport your customized colors.

Everything else seems pretty much in order and acceptable in my opinion. Except armor lock. By armor lock you wouldn’t be referring to Reach’s armor lock would you? Because if so Heck to the No.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> I like these ideas, other than the KD ratio getting switched. I always hated KD ratio, as there were way too many ways to skew the results. For one example, some would play objective games and just camp in their base trying to rack up kills. Also, it gives players a reward for assists. Assists are much more important to Halo skill than many realize.
>
> Maybe to make the Bro-time animation better, they could show the Spartans lathering each other up sensually with blue/red paint :wink:

I agree.
Lolwut.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> I like these ideas, other than the KD ratio getting switched. I always hated KD ratio, as there were way too many ways to skew the results. For one example, some would play objective games and just camp in their base trying to rack up kills. Also, it gives players a reward for assists. Assists are much more important to Halo skill than many realize.
>
> Maybe to make the Bro-time animation better, they could show the Spartans lathering each other up sensually with blue/red paint :wink:

That’s a very good point. Maybe the KDA could be only for Slayer and Breakout.

> 2533274804184827;1:
> I got a great idea:
> Add an armor color change animation for the game’s launch. During the beginning of the match, when you see your team standing together, there should be an animation where each member’s armor changes from the color you set your Spartan to in the customization screen the color of your team. At the end of the match, while the winning team is giving each other props, you’d see their colors change back to their personal colors.
>
> This adds to the sense that you are controlling your own Spartan, and not just some other red or blue guy, which I always hated.

All for this. In fact, I’ve wanted this for a long time…

> Armor lock pickups

Bruh.

Why did you have to ruin such a perfectly good post?

> 2533274821180847;3:
> I definitely love your idea on the armor changing colors at the start of the match. It is always disappointing that there were so few gametypes where you could actually sport your customized colors.
>
> Everything else seems pretty much in order and acceptable in my opinion. Except armor lock. By armor lock you wouldn’t be referring to Reach’s armor lock would you? Because if so Heck to the No.

Since power-ups are supposedly returning for Halo 5, my idea was it could be a limited-use pick-up maybe instead of the overshield. Timing an armor lock to deflect rockets and kill swords in Reach was amazing, and far more fun and skill-demanding than an overshield if you ask me.

> 2533274804184827;1:
> I believe the KDA ratio should really be changed back to a KD ratio, as a KDA isn’t not a very good gauge of skill.

I actually think KDA is an even better gauge of a players effectiveness then just K/D. By factoring in the assists, you get a clearer image of how a player works as a team. Constantly flanking, supporting, and suppressing fire all help to generate a lot of assists, and working as a team generates wins. Combining assists & kills together over deaths really helps to indicate how engaged a teammate is going to be.

But yeah, I think the color change idea is neat. Other people have suggested using the kinect to customize your post-game victory dance.

> 2535460843083983;6:
> > 2533274804184827;1:
> > I got a great idea:
> > Add an armor color change animation for the game’s launch. During the beginning of the match, when you see your team standing together, there should be an animation where each member’s armor changes from the color you set your Spartan to in the customization screen the color of your team. At the end of the match, while the winning team is giving each other props, you’d see their colors change back to their personal colors.
> >
> > This adds to the sense that you are controlling your own Spartan, and not just some other red or blue guy, which I always hated.
>
>
>
>
> All for this. In fact, I’ve wanted this for a long time…
>
>
>
> > Armor lock pickups
>
>
>
> Bruh.
>
> Why did you have to ruin such a perfectly good post?

I feel like I’m missing something. I don’t know why everyone hates armor lock so much, but whatever lol.

By the way, I recommend everyone here apply for the Halo Community Feedback program so we can get this added by the game’s launch.

> 2533274804184827;9:
> I feel like I’m missing something. I don’t know why everyone hates armor lock so much, but whatever lol.

Being completely invulnerable while your shields recharge, only to EMP anything near you after letting go, doesn’t sound broken at all to you.

Top lel.

> 2610345319735860;8:
> > 2533274804184827;1:
> > I believe the KDA ratio should really be changed back to a KD ratio, as a KDA isn’t not a very good gauge of skill.
>
>
> I actually think KDA is an even better gauge of a players effectiveness then just K/D. By factoring in the assists, you get a clearer image of how a player works as a team. Constantly flanking, supporting, and suppressing fire all help to generate a lot of assists, and working as a team generates wins. Combining assists & kills together over deaths really helps to indicate how engaged a teammate is going to be.
>
> But yeah, I think the color change idea is neat. Other people have suggested using the kinect to customize your post-game victory dance.

IM not the best player and the frist week was hard on my KDA but my K?A are nearly the same lol I’m all for team work and i definitely play better with a team who works together.

> 2535460843083983;11:
> > 2533274804184827;9:
> > I feel like I’m missing something. I don’t know why everyone hates armor lock so much, but whatever lol.
>
>
>
>
> Being completely invulnerable while your shields recharge, only to EMP anything near you after letting go, doesn’t sound broken at all to you.
>
> Top lel.

I completely forgot about the EMP effect as well as the ability to recharge while in armor lock, and I don’t think they need to be included. Armor lock also lasts only for a couple of seconds, and with a limited number of uses (either 1 or 2 with a cooldown), I really don’t think it would be any more broken than an overshield, which you can pick up and it completely restores your health, even when 1-shot, and gives you another layer of health that protects you from almost anything. Someone with armor lock is vulnerable to sniping when armor locking, so most of the time your opponent can just wait it out to kill you (which is a lot easier due to the extra mobility in H5 when you want to avoid being shot from someone else).
Perhaps too many changes would have to be made to make it work, but I don’t really think so.

The thing I want added to H5 and discussed mainly is the armor color change. I could go without a lot of the other things I mentioned.

> 2533274804184827;7:
> > 2533274821180847;3:
> > I definitely love your idea on the armor changing colors at the start of the match. It is always disappointing that there were so few gametypes where you could actually sport your customized colors.
> >
> > Everything else seems pretty much in order and acceptable in my opinion. Except armor lock. By armor lock you wouldn’t be referring to Reach’s armor lock would you? Because if so Heck to the No.
>
>
> Since power-ups are supposedly returning for Halo 5, my idea was it could be a limited-use pick-up maybe instead of the overshield. Timing an armor lock to deflect rockets and kill swords in Reach was amazing, and far more fun and skill-demanding than an overshield if you ask me.

You are newish to the forums, so just understand that it has been a long running joke that Armor Lock is one of the most broken things in any Halo ever (right up there with the Boltshot)

But I think that with a bit of balancing, this could be a reasonable idea. The issue I see is that all powerups so far (Overshield and Invisibility) have a visual cue that a player is using them. Overshield changes the color of your shield, invisibility… well that’s kind of the point on that one, but STILL your player has a visual signal that he has a powerup. So it would need to be visually clear that I player had picked up armor lock and it would need to be 1 or 2 time use like you said.

The painting thing sounds cool, no issues there.

> 2533274882039843;15:
> > 2533274804184827;7:
> > > 2533274821180847;3:
> > > I definitely love your idea on the armor changing colors at the start of the match. It is always disappointing that there were so few gametypes where you could actually sport your customized colors.
> > >
> > > Everything else seems pretty much in order and acceptable in my opinion. Except armor lock. By armor lock you wouldn’t be referring to Reach’s armor lock would you? Because if so Heck to the No.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Since power-ups are supposedly returning for Halo 5, my idea was it could be a limited-use pick-up maybe instead of the overshield. Timing an armor lock to deflect rockets and kill swords in Reach was amazing, and far more fun and skill-demanding than an overshield if you ask me.
>
>
>
> You are newish to the forums, so just understand that it has been a long running joke that Armor Lock is one of the most broken things in any Halo ever (right up there with the Boltshot)
>
> But I think that with a bit of balancing, this could be a reasonable idea. The issue I see is that all powerups so far (Overshield and Invisibility) have a visual cue that a player is using them. Overshield changes the color of your shield, invisibility… well that’s kind of the point on that one, but STILL your player has a visual signal that he has a powerup. So it would need to be visually clear that I player had picked up armor lock and it would need to be 1 or 2 time use like you said.
>
> The painting thing sounds cool, no issues there.

I completely agree with what you said about the armor lock the idea of a visual cue did occur to me. I think the same greenish-whitish-yellowish glow that the overshield gives would work just fine.

I do think the Boltshot (as well as the Incineration Cannon) is pretty broken and does not need to be in H5 at all. In fact, all Promethean weapons are unnecessary to me.

Wasn’t aware of the armor lock joke. That clears things up a lot.